Unofficial Election Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter PaulinVA
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all saw how Biden could not often get even rallies of any size going.
That would be an indication of a lack of enthusiasm in a year without Covid. But unfortunately, this is not that year. Democrats were all over condemning Trump’s rallies as “super spreaders”. It would have been utterly foolish for Biden to host large scale rallies. It wasn’t ever going to appeal to his voters.

And then Trump got sick. If rallies were a bad idea before they were going to be absolutely toxic after.

Last edited:
Turn out the lights, the party’s over
They say that, ‘All good things must end’
Let’s call it a night, the party’s over
And tomorrow starts the same old thing again

Well, after dark the news leaves most cable “news” networks, unless there is a legitimate breaking news event.
Yep, on every single “cable news” network, the news people go home at 7:00 pm and the entertainers take over.

But can I not take a specific medical procedure and argue if it is a right or not?
Abortion is a better example than transgender surgery, because there are more doctors qualified to perform them (though not all are), and it is unfortunately a very common procedure.

On that point, in Canada where abortion is unrestricted, doctors are not obliged to perform them against their consciences.

Nor are priests and other clergy in this “leftist gulag” obliged to perform same-sex weddings.

Most “progressive” countries are only totalitarian in the minds of voters who have been brainwashed by the right.

The two iron laws of CAF: 1) every thread is an abortion thread, 2) you can’t actually discuss it.
Don’t forget: 3) you cannot discuss the absence of coat racks in a church.

Most “progressive” countries are only totalitarian in the minds of voters who have been brainwashed by the right.
I disagree with this. I believe you are Canadian and the society you live in has their own way of life. In the USA, freedom is the heart of the nation.

What does that mean? Well, lets go back to social security.

People did not like and found it intrusive that the government would have a number for every citizen. The government does not need to know of me and does not need to label me with a number.

However time has passed and, well it is the system we have and grown with. I personally dislike the government giving me a number and using that number to know everything about me. It is intrusive. Social Security is not freedom.

I do like that social security has good stuff. I am not hitting at the system per say. I am talking about freedom and intrusion.

So in the US freedom is the heart of it.

I know my point is weak. Sometimes it is hard to explain the American spirit to people of other nations.

The question is, what if he will not? Who will remove him?
All they have to do is turn off the wifi and block cell signals in the White House. When he can’t access Twitter he’ll remove himself.

I am talking about freedom and intrusion.
That fight has been lost a long time ago. Just think about this: “What would have happened if about a few dozen years ago the government would have mandated that you MUST carry a gadget, so they can monitor every movement and possibly even listen in into your conversations?” Can you imagine the uproar? And yet, today almost everyone carries a smart phone, allowing all that!

I disagree with this. I believe you are Canadian and the society you live in has their own way of life. In the USA, freedom is the heart of the nation.

What does that mean? Well, lets go back to social security.

People did not like and found it intrusive that the government would have a number for every citizen. The government does not need to know of me and does not need to label me with a number.

However time has passed and, well it is the system we have and grown with. I personally dislike the government giving me a number and using that number to know everything about me. It is intrusive. Social Security is not freedom.

I do like that social security has good stuff. I am not hitting at the system per say. I am talking about freedom and intrusion.

So in the US freedom is the heart of it.

I know my point is weak. Sometimes it is hard to explain the American spirit to people of other nations.
Also, voting for pro-abortion candidates, enables abortion. That’s pretty clear. Anyone claiming this right is also enabling from my understanding. Yes, we have heard it denied but I don’t think that is Catholic Teaching.

It’s pretty tiring hearing one accuse others of all kinds of things when they are basically supporting enabling abortion.

Last edited:
The airspace over Biden’s Delaware home has been restricted, and more Secret Service agents sent.

Also, voting for pro-abortion candidates, enables abortion.
If it’s done for proportionate reasons in spite of a candidate being pro abortion, it is called “remote cooperation with evil”, which the Church allows for, well, proportionate reasons. If you vote for the candidate because he is pro abortion, then that’s called direct cooperation with evil, and that’s never allowed.

Read what Cardinal Ratzinger wrote on the subject.

Moreover, if you vote for a candidate who will restrict abortion in all cases but rape, you are remotely cooperating with evil as abortion is never allowed. But you are voting for proportionate reasons, better to save most than save none.

So please stop trying to demolish the characters of those whose consciences came to a different conclusion than yours. I fully respect your right to impose your conscience on your own voting choice. But you have to allow that others will make different choices without impugning their characters.

There are ways of getting your point across that are far more charitable.

Whoever reached the conclusion that voting for a man who wants to enable the slaughter of children up to and after birth and wants to eliminate religious liberty and freedom did not exercise their mental faculties in an honest or sincere way.
Why don’t you ask pope emeritus Benedict? He is the one that allowed it for proportionate reasons.

Again accusations. Being wrong does not make one dishonest, assuming they are wrong.

It just makes them wrong. Please leave character out of it. You’re entitled to your opinion, so are Biden voters.

Except there is no proportionate reason if done honestly and intelligently.
Right, the downside to their argument seems to be they are saying enable abortion but I have a proportional reason. No matter who one looks at it, this view enables the act of abortion. This can not be stated enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back