M
Maxply
Guest
Looks to me like the course instructor’s looking for a boyfriend.
Ya, is there a lab section for extra credit?What does this mean? Do members of the class have to initiate a gay relationship in order to understand the process of initiation?
Actually, I believe he would call them what the APA’s DSM IV calls them.
Mentally ill.
You see, in the DSM IV, rejecting homosexuality is the only form of sexual deviance or disorder left. (That includes pedophilia which is simply classified as a crime.)
Why? What goes on there…? Or Should I brace myself?I’ve been to Mass at St. Mary’s and while it’s not great, it’s several levels better than St. John’s at Michigan State. That place is disturbing.
I was able to overlook the lack of kneelers (although I think it’s the only Catholic church I’ve ever been in that didn’t have kneelers), but at the last Mass I attended, they were using “Creator, Redeemer, Sanctifier” rather than “Father, Son, Holy Spirit” to go along with the gender-inclusive hymnals. They were also using regular bread torn into chunks for communion. There were a lot of liberal discards of Church doctrine that I couldn’t stomach, either. I hope it’s improved since then, but it’s Gov. Granholm’s regular parish so I doubt it.Why? What goes on there…? Or Should I brace myself?
[SIGN]Amen[/SIGN]Your tax dollars at work.
Gag.
Kind of looks to me like Prof Halperin found a way to get paid for cruising. He won’t even have to tap his foot under a toilet stall. They’ll all be right there in his class, ready to “learn”!
St. Thomas the Apostle Parish, while not perfect, was most certainly quite a refuge.And people wonder why, when I was in school there, Ann Arbor was called the “twit magnet of the midwest.” I’ll never forget when the Public Health grad students dressed up as spermatozoa, and went over to the School of Public Health and began to bounce off the building, all in an effort to promote condom use on campus. Don’t even ask me about the atrocities that occurred at the student chapel every Sunday.(affectionately referred to as St. Mary’s Flying Circus!):grouphug:
I would not use Simone De Beauvoir as a reliable gauge for most women. She didn’t believe in God and had numerous sexual partners both male and female. She was also very pro abortion and against women being allowed to remain home with their own children.IEnglish 317 has a provocative title, but its premise is substantially what Simone de Beauvoir meant when she wrote: “One is not born a woman, but becomes one.” ) .
According to the course description in the catalog, the courseload involves “light reading, four writing assignments, a couple of in-class presentations, attendance at evening film screenings. Approximate book cost: $110.”Ya, is there a lab section for extra credit?![]()
If the syllabus tells you to bring your own newspaper for the film screenings, then you know. (Oh! How could I be such a phillistine!!!)According to the course description in the catalog, the courseload involves “light reading, four writing assignments, a couple of in-class presentations, attendance at evening film screenings. Approximate book cost: $110.”
I wonder about the film screenings. A friend of mine taking a human sexuality course at a local state university, was required for one assignment to attend a nearby porn cinema.
Help me out. If this is a joke, I’m naive and don’t get it. Newspaper? Film screenings?If the syllabus tells you to bring your own newspaper for the film screenings, then you know. (Oh! How could I be such a phillistine!!!)
I would explain, but the explanation itself would be in poor taste.Help me out. If this is a joke, I’m naive and don’t get it. Newspaper? Film screenings?
Even though this course seems like a colossal waste of money, it does appear to confirm the notion that environmental and psycho-social factors play a large role in same-sex attraction and in the development of the gay identity.Excerpts from the course description:
I thought the whole idea was that one was BORN gay. If you have to “learn how to be gay”, then that blows the whole genetic basis for homosexuality argument out of the water.
Sigh. I’m glad I’m in the medical school and not the college of LSA. That’s not quite as bad as some of the courses on things like sexual fetishes and porn that are offered at some schools, but still. Will it really contribute to a well-rounded education?