USA to blame for tsunami?

• Thread starter Thread starter cestusdei
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
walter.gonzalez:
Silly cestusdei. No one is blaming the US. Let’s concentrate on helping the victims, OK?
No he was not being sily. If you read some of this stuff you too will see how some are trying to exploit the situation while they get in their political licks verbally through media.

The victims are being helped and by most nations in the world - not all, but most. It’s being handled quite differently than the huge numbers who were slaughtered in Rwanda or the Sudan - that’s because the UN wasn’t solely in charge of the action to send aid.
If the suvivors were in the same queue as those poor devils - another generation would have to be born raised and educated before they could decide to much more than talk.

40.png
HagiaSophia:
No he was not being sily. If you read some of this stuff you too will see how some are trying to exploit the situation while they get in their political licks verbally through media.

The victims are being helped and by most nations in the world - not all, but most. It’s being handled quite differently than the huge numbers who were slaughtered in Rwanda or the Sudan - that’s because the UN wasn’t solely in charge of the action to send aid.
If the suvivors were in the same queue as those poor devils - another generation would have to be born raised and educated before they could decide to much more than talk.
Only a madman or a fool would blame anyone or any country for an earthquake and tsunami. Surely rational people are not blaming the US. This thread is silly in my opinion.

40.png
Beverly:
No one here is disputing the tragedy of the situation - it is truly heart-wrenching. This is a discussion of the ridiculous thinking of those who would immediately be using a tragedy such as this to find new ways to bash the U.S. They are the ones to be chastised for their insensitivity. I guarantee that the majority of the people posting here have already tried to contribute to the relief efforts under way and I am willing to bet that we have all spent time in prayer over this.
As I have posted in this forum before, I am currently going through the RCIA classes in my parish. I know I do not not know many things, especially about the Catholic religion. I guess I was wrong in thinking that the word Catholic means “universal”, and taking that meaning I associate it with the world, in that our obligation is to think about the world unviersally, from the Church’s point of view before we think of things patriotically through our country’s eyes. That being said I thought our obligation would be to discuss the atrocities, as a human race, and as Catholics, before defending our nation (often in conflict with our religion). As I said I am new, and know very little. I come here for instruction with an open heart, but be kind please.

40.png
jdnation:
Hey you’re Australian! Don’t pick on the US! After all the US did warn one country other than their own naval base in Sri Lanka about the Earthquake while ignoring the rest… that country was yours!🙂
On a more serious note, I feel sorry for the seismologists who were not able to get their warning through in time to stop a tragedy of this proportion from happening. I doubt that such a warning would have greatly impacted on the outcome, because the largest number killed is in Indonesia where the earthquake struck and the tsunami quickly followed; they had little chance where survival is concerned.

I feel disgusted to think that an Arab Mullah has the hide to blame either the USA or Israel for the disaster. It has got me thinking in some rather uncharitable terms about the followers of Islam who have been responsible for so much terror and persecution in the world.

That is why I was willing to use a little bit of humour and say something so outrageous.

Why worry about who is to blame when there is work that is needed to be done. Our very own Fr. Chris Riley, plus a NSW MP for Bankstown, is heading to Indonesia to set up a tent orphanage. Fr. Riley is known for his work “Youth off the Street”. Two of the youths who have been rehabilitated as a result of his work are going with him to help in this endeavour. As a side note on this story, World Vision refused a $500,000 donation from NWS Clubs Inc because the money came from gambling. As a result of that refusal, $100,000 has been donated for this very worthwhile project, and other groups have also benefited.

MaggieOH

40.png
juliegh23:
As I have posted in this forum before, I am currently going through the RCIA classes in my parish. I know I do not not know many things, especially about the Catholic religion. I guess I was wrong in thinking that the word Catholic means “universal”, and taking that meaning I associate it with the world, in that our obligation is to think about the world unviersally, from the Church’s point of view before we think of things patriotically through our country’s eyes. That being said I thought our obligation would be to discuss the atrocities, as a human race, and as Catholics, before defending our nation (often in conflict with our religion). As I said I am new, and know very little. I come here for instruction with an open heart, but be kind please.
I am sorry if you thought I was being unkind. But the topic of this thread is that there are people blaming the U.S. for the tsunami so that is what we are discussing in this particular thread. You are right that we should be looking at this disaster in a universal way in that it has happened to our brothers and sisters in another part of the world. I would not call it an atrocity which generally means a wicked or evil deed. This is a natural disaster unless of course, you are looking at it as a disaster that the U.S. caused which would make it an atrocity - but I hope you don’t feel that way. We are simply discussing what is the topic of this thread - there are other threads devoted to the discussion of this horrible disaster.

NBC Nightly News had a segment tonight about how Al Jazero is airing clerics that are blaming nuclear testing in the Indian Ocean by the US, GB, Israel, & India as the cause of the tsunami. The Muslim masses are eating this stuff up.

Further, the Arab nations are not contributing much beyond a token, as they are afraid their money will end-up in the accounts of the “infidels”.

Amazing… and sad.

Saudi Arabia just increased the amount they are donating and I am sure many other Arab countries will do the same. I think there will always be those that blame any tragedy on progress or conspiracy theory. It is useless to do this. If the Muslims are that sheltered that they don’t get the facts, then we can’t worry about it. I have a feeling that most of them are educated and will know the truth. They may still hate us, but all we can do is continue to do what is right.

40.png
Fitz:
I have a feeling that most of them are educated and will know the truth.
FYI…the cleric was speaking from Egypt, to an audiance of mostly uneducated, uninformed, and unemployed Muslims. Al Jazero is broadcast in many other locations with audiances lke this. For them, this is the truth.

Hi all… I’m from Penang and I’ve seen the devastation that the tsunami has caused. Two persons form my church has died and one is still in the hospital, with fear of severe brain damage. One family of 10 went there for a picnic, only 3 returned. 3 of the victims have been burried while the other 3 are still missing…
While all of us were asking each other why this had happend, none of us actually mention USA.
I believe its all fated, how we’re born and how we’re to return to the Lord.
This incident has brough out the best of humanity in a lot of people, people now value life more than ever… (Malaysians are good at taking things for granted, and the location of Malaysia is one of them)
COmmunities are tighter now… Support groups emerge from no where…

40.png
quixotic:
Hi all… I’m from Penang and I’ve seen the devastation that the tsunami has caused. Two persons form my church has died and one is still in the hospital, with fear of severe brain damage. One family of 10 went there for a picnic, only 3 returned. 3 of the victims have been burried while the other 3 are still missing…
While all of us were asking each other why this had happend, none of us actually mention USA.
I believe its all fated, how we’re born and how we’re to return to the Lord.
This incident has brough out the best of humanity in a lot of people, people now value life more than ever… (Malaysians are good at taking things for granted, and the location of Malaysia is one of them)
COmmunities are tighter now… Support groups emerge from no where…
Your family is in my prayers.

There’s another angle on this…Tonight on BBC 2, Newsnight will ask -Following the tsunami conspiracy, rumours have been circulating on the internet of how the US base at Diego Garcia managed to avoid casualties while those on neighbouring islands suffered huge losses.

Was there a malign hand at work, or has America’s role in the crisis in fact been a model of humanitarian leadership?

Check it out here

That’ll get you all going! 😛

1. Second Message on August 3, 1973
    Code:
      "My daughter, my novice, do you love the Lord? If you love the Lord listen to   what I have to say to you."

"It is very important. You will convey it to your superior." 

"Many men in this world afflict the Lord. I desire souls to console Him to   soften the anger of the Heavenly Father. I wish, with my Son, for souls who will repair by   their suffering and their poverty for the sinners and ingrates."

"In order that the world might know His anger, **the   Heavenly Father is preparing to inflict a great chastisement on all mankind**.   With my Son, I have intervened so many times to appease the wrath of the Father. I have   prevented the coming of calamities by offering Him the sufferings of the Son on the Cross,   His Precious Blood, and beloved souls who console Him and form a cohort of victim souls.   Prayer, penance and courageous sacrifices can soften the Father's anger. I desire this   also from your community, that it love poverty, that it sanctify itself and pray in   reparation for the ingratitude and outrages of so many men. Recite the prayer of the   Handmaids of the Eucharist with awareness of its meaning: put it into practice: offer   (whatever God may send) in reparation for sins. Let each one endeavour, according to   capacity and position, to offer herself entirely to the Lord."

"Even in a secular institute prayer is necessary. Already souls who wish to   pray are on the way to being gathered. Without attaching too much attention to the form,   be faithful and fervent in prayer to console the Master."

[list=1]
    Third and the Last message on October 13, 1973:
    Code:
       ". . . if men do not repent and better themselves, the Father will inflict a   terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be a punishment greater than the deluge, such   as one will never have seen before. **Fire will fall from the sky   and will wipe out a great part of humanity,** the good as well as the bad,   sparing neither priests nor faithful. The survivors will find themselves so desolate that   they will envy the dead. The only arms which will remain for you will be the Rosary and   the Sign left by my Son. Each day recite the prayers of the Rosary. With the Rosary, pray   for the Pope, the bishops and the priests." 

"**The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the   Church** in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops   against other bishops. The priests who venerate me will be scorned and opposed by their   confreres (other priests). **Churches and altars will be sacked.**   The Church will be full of those who accept compromises and the demon will press many   priests and consecrated souls to leave the service of the Lord." 

"The demon will be especially implacable against the souls consecrated to   God. The thought of the loss of so many souls is the cause of my sadness. If sins increase   in number and gravity, there will be no longer pardon for them." 

". . . Pray very much the prayers of the Rosary. I alone am able still to   save you from the calamities which approach. Those who place their confidence in me will   be saved."
    April, 1984 - Most Rev. John Shojiro Ito, Bishop of Niigata, Japan, after years of extensive investigation, declares the events of Akita, Japan, to be of supernatural origin, and authorises throughout the entire diocese the veneration of the Holy Mother of Akita. He said: “The message of Akita is the message of Fatima.”
    Code:
     June, 1988 - Vatican City - Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, Prefect, Congregation for   the Doctrine of the Faith, gives definitive judgement on the Akita events and messages as   reliable and worthy of belief.

[
    ](http://www.theworkofgod.org/Aparitns/Aparitns.htm)

Its interesting that someone should mention Diego Garcia. The original inhabitants of these islands were deprived of their home by the british Government many years ago so that America (that wonderful bastion of individuals freedom) could build a military base to “protect” countries within the region of the Indian Ocean. A few weeks ago the courts in Britain wre overuled by the Privy Council when they decided that the the original Garcians had a right to return. (America had objected to the courts ruling). The reason given for the reversal was that the islands were vunerable to rises in sea level due to global warming. Guess what? the least affected of all the islands in the Indian Ocean was? suprise, suprise Diego Garcia!!!

Now, I don’t subscribe to the nonsense of Global Warming causing the Tsunami, anyone who does is talking rot and probably failed first grade Geography but, I wonder who is kidding whom when decisions are made that affect lives of peoples who can in no way harm the so called super powers. Don’t kid yourself, I include the self seeking arrogant and insular lot that run the UK as well as the States. Its time people who have a claim on a religious outlook tried throwing away their political affiliations and read the Beatitudes occasionaly. It may be an eye opener for some.

40.png
BenRosa:
FYI…the cleric was speaking from Egypt, to an audiance of mostly uneducated, uninformed, and unemployed Muslims. Al Jazero is broadcast in many other locations with audiances lke this. For them, this is the truth.
The cleics will have a lot to answer to when they meet their maker. I think it is sinful misleading people and encouraging hatred.

They have broken no law except Gods law, therefore God judges, not us.

40.png
Norwich:
They have broken no law except Gods law, therefore God judges, not us.
And I can’t comment on a Catholic website that it is evil to preach hatred?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back