N
Nepperhan
Guest
In terms of civil disturbances, I believe and a writer has traced back the street disturbances in the late '60s to present Trump supporters. It was the beginning of a working class move to the GOP based on events events near the end of the Vietnam war.
“The Hardhat Riot,” by David Paul Kuhn, vividly evokes an especially ugly moment half a century ago, when the misbegotten Vietnam War and a malformed notion of patriotism combined volatilely. They produced a blue-collar rampage whose effects still ripple, not the least of them being Donald Trump’s improbable ascension to the presidency."
I knew individuals who supported the rioters as men ‘who didn’t take any guff’. Unsurprisingly, those who voiced support for the rioters (who beat any anti-war protester they could find) in '70 I have heard describe themselves as Trump backers today.
“The Hardhat Riot,” by David Paul Kuhn, vividly evokes an especially ugly moment half a century ago, when the misbegotten Vietnam War and a malformed notion of patriotism combined volatilely. They produced a blue-collar rampage whose effects still ripple, not the least of them being Donald Trump’s improbable ascension to the presidency."
I knew individuals who supported the rioters as men ‘who didn’t take any guff’. Unsurprisingly, those who voiced support for the rioters (who beat any anti-war protester they could find) in '70 I have heard describe themselves as Trump backers today.