M
MarthaMartha
Guest
I’ve been re-reading the Narnia series, and am now on “The Last Battle.” Next I’d like to re-read “Till We Have Faces.”
“Till We Have Faces” !!! I have that on my shelf, it was a great story, I will have to pull it down again. Thanks for the reminder!I’ve been re-reading the Narnia series, and am now on “The Last Battle.” Next I’d like to re-read “Till We Have Faces.”
You should read the Horatio Hornblower books by CS Forrester - I got into them by first watching the wonderful series with the drewlworthy Ioan Gruffud playing HornblowerI adore naval fictionilised history…currently reading Alexander Kent with his hero Richard Bolitho coming up to the Battle of Trafalger…never knew that no Catholic could hold officer position in the old British Navy, shoulda but didna…
Read most days a section from Divine Intimacy, the Daily Missal and the Holy Bible.
Is he a Catholic author?“Coming Soon”, Unlocking the book of revelation by Michael Barber. I’m halfway through, and it’s good reading…
Great stuff LilyM, I have the boxed set of gorgeous Ioan Gruffiud as Hornblower. Loved the books too, went on after a couple of years to read Patrick O’Briens Captain Aubrey of “Master and Commander” fame…You should read the Horatio Hornblower books by CS Forrester - I got into them by first watching the wonderful series with the drewlworthy Ioan Gruffud playing Hornblower![]()
I’m so jealous … the DVD budget is a little tight at the momentGreat stuff LilyM, I have the boxed set of gorgeous Ioan Gruffiud as Hornblower. Loved the books too, went on after a couple of years to read Patrick O’Briens Captain Aubrey of “Master and Commander” fame…
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum…throw him the scuppers with a hosepipe on him…