What book(s) are you reading?

• Thread starter Thread starter StudentMI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the feast of St. Charbel. I am reading “Love is a Radiant Light”…The Life and Words of St. Charbel, by Hanna Skandar.

His words are beautiful. I can open the book and read a paragraph of his words, and it would give me something to meditate about for as long as necessary.

Spirit of Fire: The Life and Vision of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, by Ursula King.

Have you read Little Lodges on the Prairie: Freemasonary and Laura Ingalls Wilder. The family was very involved with Freemasonary. it;s really quite interesting and historical as well.

The Interior Castle by St Teresa of Avila and Infiltration by Dr. Taylor Marshall

Just finished Francis Thomson’s “Poems,” lovely, lovely book written by a gentle soul.
Gonna start Donna Tart’s “A Secret History”

Aristotle’s Revenge: The Metaphysical Foundations of Physical and Biological Science by Edward Feser

I recently read A Walk Among the Tombstones by Lawrence Block. It is a phenomenal read, but it is NOT for the faint of heart. Also, don’t ever watch the movie. You’re welcome.

Teilhard de Chardin - The Divine Milieu Explained, by Louis M. Savary.

White Fragility – paused and might not finish
Too much and not enough --Mary Trump
The Hardhat Riot

Liberty or Equality: The Challenge of Our Time by Erik von Kuehnelt Leddihn

How Dante Can Save Your Life, Rob Dreher. I’ve read Anthony Esolen’s translation of Inferno, and I think this book may be the thing to make me finish Purgatorio and Paradiso. I’m loving Dreher’s intimate approach.

I have the Dorothy Sayers translations and love her notes. Enjoy!

I love the Mandelbaum translation myself. Haven’t read Esolen’s or Sayers’.

Last edited:
I’m reading a Bible version that I recently got (it’s a NASB). I like to compare different Bible versions, so I picked up a copy of the NASB. When I come across something that I don’t understand, I bring out my ESV and turn to that exact passage to see if it illuminates the passage in any way. The ESV is my favourite translation.

Citadel of God: A novel about Saint Benedict, by Louis de Wohl. Ignatius Press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back