H
This seems to promote selfishness and a selfish existence of pleasure.In Heaven, we will not be seeking out pleasures in the same sense, but rather our existence will be pleasurable in and of itself.
Based on what Jesus says, probably not. Sex isn’t the only kind of pleasure though.Is there sexual relations with your spouse in Heaven?
I cannot even begin to fathom how you arrived at that conclusion.This seems to promote selfishness and a selfish existence of pleasure.
Did you indicate that heaven will be full of pleasures for the individual to experience?I cannot even begin to fathom how you arrived at that conclusion.
IOW, we should desire heaven because it will be so pleasurable for ourselves to be there. Isn’t this selfishness? Wanting pleasure for yourself?That can be nothing other than pleasurable, joyful, blissful. All good thing!
That is not even remotely what I said, to the point that I have to assume you’re being deliberately obtuse. Seriously, it’d be impressive if it wasn’t so frustrating.IOW, we should desire heaven because it will be so pleasurable for ourselves to be there. Isn’t this selfishness? Wanting pleasure for yourself?
Yes. You are right. It sounds like you would have no sympathy, and no compassion for the misfortunate situation and horrific suffering of the loved ones so dear to you.I know that sounds callous, but that is the reality of the situation.
Personally I plan to build a secluded cottage that no one can find on a headland overlooking a stormy sea. For it be truly “heavenly” for me, the weather will always be cold, overcast, windy, raining, and sunset will be early every afternoon. The finest teas will be available, and the coldest beer for the evening. An endless library will be at my disposal and I’ll have cats and small outdoor animals for company. I’ll have no visitors unless I choose to invite them.What do we do for eternity?
Yes. This does sound like heaven to me also. I like it.Personally I plan to build a secluded cottage that no one can find on a headland overlooking a stormy sea. For it be truly “heavenly” for me, the weather will always be cold, overcast, windy, raining, and sunset will be early every afternoon. The finest teas will be available,… An endless library will be at my disposal and I’ll have cats and small outdoor animals for company. I’ll have no visitors unless I choose to invite them.
This worries me also, but C.S.Lewis indicates, in The Great Divorce, that people who choose their own will, and thus hell, in some way cease to be human. They diminish to nearly nothing; nothing remains but a grumble. That’s a book worth reading.And what about your loved ones who may be in Purgatory or even in hell? You go around enjoying all these pleasures while they are suffering horrific torments of fire?
Anything by C. S. Lewis is good.That’s a book worth reading.
It’s not me personally, no one will… Or rather, we will have compassion, but it will not interfere with our happiness. It can’t interfere with our happiness because of the nature of Heaven.Yes. You are right. It sounds like you would have no sympathy, and no compassion for the misfortunate situation and horrific suffering of the loved ones so dear to you.
That’s my favorite C.S. Lewis book.That’s a book worth reading.
Maybe we could like ask Jesus if he can please have mercy on our loved ones and that the world was really in bad shape at the time with everything going on etc. We won’t really know until we get there. The Church has teachings and speculations of course but it isn’t like we have a public revelation of someone coming back and giving us a complete detail of everything. Revelation gives a lot but not so much on the nature of Heaven but more so the end of days and the glory of God etc. The more specific stuff, well there’s some extra canonical texts that go into it but they aren’t scripture. It probably is all just speculation. I mean most of us probably have a false view of what heaven is since it is completely out of our ration of thought. It is like asking you to imagine a color that we can’t perceive. It may well be there but our senses can’t grasp it.IOW, we should desire heaven because it will be so pleasurable for ourselves to be there. Isn’t this selfishness? Wanting pleasure for yourself?
And what about your loved ones who may be in Purgatory or even in hell? You go around enjoying all these pleasures while they are suffering horrific torments of fire?
Most people do not take everything in the Book of Revelation literally.Revelation gives a lot …