What do we do in Heaven for eternity?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Prodigal1984
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
God’s beauty is endless. Our experience of Him will never get old because he is not finite, He is not a pleasure like a new present on Xmas that will soon get old but rather like an endless series of delightful surprises.
 
I think we cannot even imagine how joyful and happy we will be in Heaven. Knowing we cannot lose God and being in the presence of Christ will fill us with unimaginable joy and happiness, in a way we cannot comprehend while on Earth.

After all, we are all longing for the infinite happiness that only Jesus can provide.

I found this article to better answer this question, it’s from catholic answers.


God Bless
 
Last edited:
To me, It will be like a (literally) timeless/Eternal Mass. And it won’t be boring, it can’t be boring.
 
To me, It will be like a (literally) timeless/Eternal Mass. And it won’t be boring, it can’t be boring
I wonder how Bugnini reacted if he got up there and it was the TLM 😂 Just joking around.
 
40.png
Prodigal1984:
Revelation gives a lot …
Most people do not take everything in the Book of Revelation literally.
That is a shame
 
I would assume all created forms of life would be in heaven is some form since all creation is from God.
 
But we do not become angels, so how do you believe we differ from them in heaven?
 
I would assume all created forms of life would be in heaven is some form since all creation is from God.
Would that include mosquitos, flies, ants, poisonous snakes, rats, vicious dogs, and sharks?
 
40.png
Brian_K:
I would assume all created forms of life would be in heaven is some form since all creation is from God.
Would that include mosquitos, flies, ants, poisonous snakes, rats, vicious dogs, and sharks?
Yes. Though I admit I’m at a loss as to how that will be a good thing. But that’s just my limited vision and understanding now.
 
1 Corinthians says “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”

It’s completely futile to try and imagine the capabilities of what God has in store for mankind in the eternity of Heaven.

God knows how many strands of hair are on your head, every thought you have, along with every human at the same time. He’s named every star. He sees every animal from the unnumbered ants to the largest blue whales. He knows every cell in all the matter in the universe and is in control of everything.

From the moment he spoke this universe into existence he knew the exact time his son would be crucified and set the stars in motion to prove it.

“Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure”

He does this while also keeping track of every angel and what they are to be doing which could be as many as the stars.

The last thought I would ever contemplate is being bored in Heaven.

God has always been. Our human minds can’t even fully understand that because everything in our universe has a beginning and an end. What did God do before this universe? What’s his plans after this one is gone?

The most important thing is we worship and give all the glory to God as Psalms 139

13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
 
In heaven we will be higher than the angels. We will have glorified bodies. Jesus took our humanity to heaven. Then He assumed His mother to heaven. Before this heaven was all spirits without bodies!
So our humanity is sanctified!
 
Of course there are horses in heaven.
Before I moved to Seattle, I worried that there would be no trees here. That it would be all cement and sidewalks and malls. The truth is, that flying over Seattle you see nothing but trees.
I think it’s the same way with heaven. we ask all kinds of questions, but the reality will be better than we can imagine.
 
Why not? If the worst sinners can be redeemed, daangerous animals can be meek in the presence of God.
 
In the 80s the Talking Heads wrote a song called Heaven.
It was intended to stress irony a bit irreverently, but if you listen closely it does not poke fun at heaven. It pokes fun at people’s notion of it.
Everything is perfect! There is a bar called Heaven( the audience are kids who follow a music band, a bar being the bands work setting).
At the bar they play MY FAVORITE SONG. They play it over and over and all night long.
Everyone gets to the bar at EXACTLY the same time, and leaves at exactly the same time.
It is all perfect and repetition of perfect.
The refrain is, “Heaven, heaven is a place, a place where nothing, nothing ever happens.”
And although irreverent, for a young kid audience, it was really a challenge to their child notions of heaven.
What does happy mean? Or what does bliss mean?
Do we as humans require a bit of darkness to discern the light?
 
Last edited:
I hope if and when I get to Heaven, I might be allowed to visit Earth to do good down here too. St. Therese said she wanted to spend her Heaven doing good on earth, and St. Padre Pio said something about planning to “go up and down”.
Other than that, I just think of Heaven as a place where you can experience anything good that you ever wanted to experience, such as endless travel, or just endless time to hang out with your loved ones with nobody ever getting on each others’ nerves.
And all the while also being able to praise the Lord and intercede for people asking for your prayers.

Although I also wouldn’t mind if it were like Catholic Heaven from the Simpsons.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top