What is Christ's Church?

  • Thread starter Thread starter skeptictank
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Christ’s promise did NOT fail. The invisible church still stands strong! 👍
The Church is

first… Jesus Himself

second… the Bride of Christ… totally perfect, fullness of Truth

third… the body of believers with Christ as the Head.

Part three is hardly standing strong as it should be… what with all the discord, cafeteria-Christians etc … But we were warned that the weeds would grow with the wheat.

Part one can be found truly Present only in the Eucharist… and the Eucharist can be found truly only in the Catholic Mass

Part two, the fullness of the Truth, again is only available where Jesus put it… in the Church He founded… the only one making that claim is the Catholic Church. The only one able to grow from the Apostles themselves is the Catholic Church.

The answer to the OP’s question is right there for all to see… if God so chooses to open your eyes.

I can only encourage everyone to pray that God open their eyes.

.
 
"He who hears you, hears Me, and the one Who sent Me…

and he who rejects you, rejects Me…"

Jesus was talking only to the 12, not all his followers, and certainly not all the break-aways from the Catholic Church.

.
Hi,
Yes and this is why the bible was written so we can read about and learn about Jesus and the salvation message. I am reading what the Apostles wrote and I am hearing them therefore I am hearing Christ. I didnt need the CC to tell me that. 😃
 
Yes and I still agree with that but that doesnt mean they havent changed or maybe I should say added doctrine/dogmas over the years:(
The CHURCH is the body of believers:thumbsup: 😃
This is not an insult, but an observation - you do not understand the developement of doctrine. :o

(Also, in a very, very, very loose sense a person could say that the Church is the “body of believers”, but then you would need to ask, “believers of what specifically?” What is the truth that we must believe? etc, etc, etc.

This stands as a fact: Christ instituted One Church, not thousands of “churches” within contradicting beliefs. Christ is Truth, not contradiction.
Hi,

I do unsterstand what you are saying.😃 However, the bible tells us to put on the Armor of God in Ephesians 6. That is my protection.😃
Yes, but that is far from the culmination of what Scripture says. 😛
 
Hi,
Yes and this is why the bible was written so we can read about and learn about Jesus and the salvation message. I am reading what the Apostles wrote and I am hearing them therefore I am hearing Christ. I didnt need the CC to tell me that. 😃
then let us know what the Apostle John tells you in John 6… as he relays the very words of Christ Himself…

or

what St Paul tells you in Corinthians about the significance of the Eucharist, and the danger of rejects the literal words of Christ.

Then tell me/us why you walk away…

.
 
40.png
ALLFORHIM:
Hi,
Yes and this is why the bible was written so we can read about and learn about Jesus and the salvation message. I am reading what the Apostles wrote and I am hearing them therefore I am hearing Christ.
Actually, the “Bible” wasn’t written, but letters were. The Canon of the Bible was determined with and through the liturgy of the Catholic Church in the late 4th century.
40.png
ALLFORHIM:
I didnt need the CC to tell me that. 😃
If the Catholic Church didn’t compile and codify the Bible, and then go on to protect it throughout those 2000 years (you might say 1500), then you wouldn’t even have the Bible to begin with, so I would say, yes, you did need the Catholic Church to be able to come to that conclusion. 😉
 
Hi,
Yes and this is why the bible was written so we can read about and learn about Jesus and the salvation message. I am reading what the Apostles wrote and I am hearing them therefore I am hearing Christ. I didnt need the CC to tell me that. 😃
you have missed the obvious

" he who HEARS you…"

it does not say or even suggest…

"…he who reads what the Holy Spirit will guide you to write… and figures it out on their own, hears Me…"
 
“It is hard for thee to kick against the goad…”

Allright, I have to go to a NFP class now, (I am getting married June 9th!) 😃

Talk to you all later!
 
HEHE I cant be catholic because I havent received the sacrements.😉
Your statement brings up something Ive been thinking about. Although it may be off topic. Since I am a true believer in Christ then by God’s standard I should be welcomed into the church and be able to take communion immediately.
We don’t even let our own children do that - they have to study for at least a year, first, in order to comprehend what’s going on.
But, not according to the CC. God’s commands were not as strict as the CC ares to be part of the One True Church.😦 I just dont get it.:confused: In Acts the Apostles preached the Gospel people heard it, believed it, repented, were baptized and bam they were part of the church and had communion with each other.
When it tells it in the Bible, it does sound very quick, but back in those days the study period for Catechumens (people who wanted to get baptized) was seven years.
All Peter did was preach the Gospel and 3000 were added to the church. I just dont understand all the extra rules. :confused:
They don’t mention all the in-between stuff because people already knew about it. When telling you my story, I say, “Well, I went to Mass by accident, and right away I felt as though I was in the Church of the New Testament, and then I started praying the Rosary, and then I realized that the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church is the Catholic Church, and then I went for First Confession, got Confirmed and received First Holy Communion.”

If I say it like that, it sounds like it all happened on the same day, but in reality, from the first time I went to Mass (August 6, 1983) until I receive my First Holy Communion (April 14, 2001) was a period of several years, and for most of those years, I really didn’t think that I was going to become a Catholic.

It’s also possible that in the very, very beginning, they baptized people and gave them the Sacraments first, and then taught them later, but by the middle of the first century, (50 AD) the Catechumenate was seven years long, and they had to be taught everything before they received the Sacraments. Today, it’s anywhere from six months to two years, unless you’re like me and have a really hard head, in which case it can take longer than that.
 
I would still say no it was God that enabled me to come to that conclusion.😃
God used the Catholic Church to do that, though.

Put it this way - if there had been no Catholic Church, you would have had to go to the Library at Alexandria yourself, sign out all the books, hope you had the right ones, hope that you had all of them, hope that you didn’t have any that didn’t belong, and then translate them yourself. 😉

Oh - wait. :hmmm: The Vandals burned down the Library at Alexandria at the start of the Dark Ages - so there would be no Bible books for you to find at all. 😦

On second thoughts, it’s a good thing that the Catholic Church was on top of things, and got the Bible translated and copied before that happened, eh? 👍
 
God used the Catholic Church to do that, though.

Put it this way - if there had been no Catholic Church, you would have had to go to the Library at Alexandria yourself, sign out all the books, hope you had the right ones, hope that you had all of them, hope that you didn’t have any that didn’t belong, and then translate them yourself. 😉

Oh - wait. :hmmm: The Vandals burned down the Library at Alexandria at the start of the Dark Ages - so there would be no Bible books for you to find at all. 😦

On second thoughts, it’s a good thing that the Catholic Church was on top of things, and got the Bible translated and copied before that happened, eh? 👍
Hi,
Yes I agree but my point is that God is the author of the bible and the way it played out was totally in His control. That was God’s plan. So what I am doing is giving Him the credit not the Church. We should always always give the credit to God for everything.👍
 
Hi,
Yes I agree but my point is that God is the author of the bible and the way it played out was totally in His control. That was God’s plan. So what I am doing is giving Him the credit not the Church. We should always always give the credit to God for everything.👍
It doesn’t mean that we have to deny history, though.

Or should we start putting “God made this” on the credits of every film ever made, or as the author of every book in the world? 😉
 
Hi,
Yes I agree but my point is that God is the author of the bible and the way it played out was totally in His control. That was God’s plan. So what I am doing is giving Him the credit not the Church. We should always always give the credit to God for everything.👍
Right, but God in His Providence chose to go through His Bride, the Church. You cannot seperate the two.
 
It doesn’t mean that we have to deny history, though.

Or should we start putting “God made this” on the credits of every film ever made, or as the author of every book in the world? 😉
LOL of course not. Besides God wouldne endorse evry film or book:thumbsup:

Just the Bible:thumbsup:
 
Right, but God in His Providence chose to go through His Bride, the Church. You cannot seperate the two.
Hi,

I agree, it just wasnt the RCC it was the universal church of believer’s:thumbsup:
 
LOL of course not. Besides God wouldne endorse evry film or book:thumbsup:

Just the Bible:thumbsup:
And His “endorsement” is the visible to us all… it is called the Catholic Church…

not the common man/woman who can now have a copy of their own to abuse
 
Hi,

I agree, it just wasnt the RCC it was the universal church of believer’s:thumbsup:
That is probably the surest sign I have seen from you that you really

[1] don’t know what you are saying

[2] don’t care what you are saying

How strange that a God would leave us no better than orphans, each on his own to fend for himself… each without a guide… just a membership card in the body of believers…
 
ALLFORHIM -That is probably the surest sign I have seen from you that you really

[1] don’t know what you are saying yet proclaim it as from God

[2] don’t care what you are saying partial truths and misinformation that harms other Christians and their walk with God and HIS Holy Catholic Church

How strange that a God would leave us no better than orphans, each on his own to fend for himself… each without a guide… just a membership card in the body of discordant and invisible believers…
👍 But had to add the words in red.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top