What is the most effective way of fighting eucharist sales on ebay?

• Thread starter Thread starter abcdefg
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abcdefg

the tactics listed are commonly used when dealing with an annoying site
hacking here means changing website content etc not user account/credit card hacking
which do you think is most effective?

Boycott,e-mail any and everybody that has any remote standing to do something,I have contacted the Catholic Action League and I am hoping they do something legally since Mormon religious garments are not sold on there due to their sacred nature:( They do not want to offend them:mad:

40.png
gilliam:
Hacking is out of the question.
I agree:(

I know, nobody buy them. Without a market, there can be no sales.

There is a market for the Eucharist, unfortunately, and it’s nothing new. Our family visited the site of the Eucharistic mircale in Santarem, Portugal in the 1200s. Read the first paragraph here if you are not familiar with it. Pagan worshipers have bid on the Eucharist on eBay already.

I think the petition drive is probably the best option.

I think email harrassing the executives from ebay into the ground is a good call here. Anyone have an addy on the owners or multiple addy’s? If they get annoyed it’s not a big loss to ban it.

-D

Aren’t “hacking” and denial-of-service attacks both breaches of the law? Because we’re forbidden to do evil in hopes of accomplishing good. .

Granted that selling consecrated Hosts is a very evil act::mad:
– we still can’t justify doing something wrong ourselves.

40.png
Reepicheep:
Aren’t “hacking” and denial-of-service attacks both breaches of the law? Because we’re forbidden to do evil in hopes of accomplishing good. .

That’s not quite right. My mind is a little foggy right now, but I believe it was Cardinal Ratzinger that told us that disobeying civil law was appropriate when civil law was immoral. This came up in the sad case of Terri Schiavo.

40.png
harveyc:
That’s not quite right. My mind is a little foggy right now, but I believe it was Cardinal Ratzinger that told us that disobeying civil law was appropriate when civil law was immoral. This came up in the sad case of Terri Schiavo.
That’s also been championed by Pope John Paul II, and is in the Catechism.

vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P7W.HTM
2242 The citizen is obliged in conscience not to follow the directives of civil authorities when they are contrary to the demands of the moral order, to the fundamental rights of persons or the teachings of the Gospel. Refusing obedience to civil authorities, when their demands are contrary to those of an upright conscience, finds its justification in the distinction between serving God and serving the political community. "Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s."48 “We must obey God rather than men”:49

When citizens are under the oppression of a public authority which oversteps its competence, they should still not refuse to give or to do what is objectively demanded of them by the common good; but it is legitimate for them to defend their own rights and those of their fellow citizens against the abuse of this authority within the limits of the natural law and the Law of the Gospel.50

2243 Armed resistance to oppression by political authority is not legitimate, unless all the following conditions are met: 1) there is certain, grave, and prolonged violation of fundamental rights; 2) all other means of redress have been exhausted; 3) such resistance will not provoke worse disorders; 4) there is well-founded hope of success; and 5) it is impossible reasonably to foresee any better solution.

40.png
Reepicheep:

hacking breaches the law. but DOS perhaps not, as it’s difficult to define what constitutes a DOS attack and what is normal connection request. DDOS done without consent of every owner of computers involved is hacking (like utilizing trojan horses) but if it’s a coordinated action it probably doesn’t break the law

Turning the other cheek, I suppose, is out of the question?

40.png
abcdefg:
What’s “the other cheek”? must be relics.😉
Interesting question. Maybe it is a reference to the position my dad you to tell me to assume when I was in trouble and he was holding his belt.

At least I didn’t have to say, “thank you, sir, may I please have another?”

Alan

Lawsuits. Plain and simple financial hard hitting them. Without caps. Nothing scares these types more into compromise than that.

40.png
chicago:
Lawsuits. Plain and simple financial hard hitting them. Without caps. Nothing scares these types more into compromise than that.
If anyone wants to file lawsuits. it’s not confined to lawsuits of eucharist sale. any lawsuit against ebay will do.

Silly me. I must have been reading the wrong Bible again. I think I just found the answer to this in my “actual” Bible, in the book of Rufus (Matthew’s lesser known twin brother).
Rufus 5:38-44:
"You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, be determined to undermine the efforts of evil through all means available. When someone strikes you on the right cheek, cut off his hand lest he strike you on the left as well.

"If anyone wants to go to law with you over your sacraments, hand him your own preemptive summons first. You can win this thing if you can get a good enough lawyer and sufficient media coverage.

"Should anyone press you into service for one mile, demand a fair wage for it and if it is not forthcoming, turn them over to the government authorities.

"Give to the one who asks of you, as long as you can receive credit for it on your taxes. Do not turn your back on one who wants to borrow, lest he stab you in the back and steal your stuff anyway.

"You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, watch out for your neighbor because you never know if he is really an enemy in disguise.
Now that I’m reading the right text, I think I can agree with all this notion of calling in the army to save Jesus. Like Peter, we are tempted to do so. Like Peter, if Christ didn’t admonish us not to, we might actually do the work of satan in the guise of protecting Christ.

Oops, there I go again showing my unfortunate influence from that silly NAB version. Pity me for I have been so corrupted by that NAB it’s hard to stay focused on worldly ways of doing things.

Alan

AlanFromWichita, if all Catholics “turned the other cheek” to such an offence, well I would convert to Judaism:D

40.png
gilliam:
Hacking is out of the question.
Coming from you that’s a predicable response.

If hacking ebay were feasible, effective and not against the moral law, then I would not condemn someone for doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back