What will you do... if or when?

• Thread starter Thread starter Zerge
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been discredited all the time. I can discredit it again, if you want to, but I am not hopeful that it will make any difference.
If someone takes my family hostage and tells me they will kill them if I do not help them rob the bank, then the legal system takes than into account when prosecuting (or not).

If our personal guilt is mitigated by force, then our goodness is also so mitigated. If God steps in every time something bad is about to happen or even just something someone thinks is bad, then all our goodness would be attenuated. We would just become robots.

If Biden wins I certainly hope that Trump concedes gracefully. I believe he will but I may be proven wrong.
If Biden wins by a landslide, my wife predicts he’ll resign before the inauguration. Not so that Pence can pardon him, but just because it’s over.

Last edited:
If Biden wins by a landslide, my wife predicts he’ll resign before the inauguration. Not so that Pence can pardon him, but just because it’s over.
My wife says the same thing, except she says he will flee the country.

I have no agenda.
Nonsense. All one has to do is look at your posting history. Very strange to come to a Catholic forum and not only post things that are contrary to Catholic beliefs, but post exclusively about Donald Trump and things related to Trump and politics.

What will I do? I’ll get up. Go to work. Practice my faith as best I can. Take care of those entrusted to my care. Basically the same thing I have always done.

If someone takes my family hostage and tells me they will kill them if I do not help them rob the bank, then the legal system takes than into account when prosecuting (or not).

If our personal guilt is mitigated by force, then our goodness is also so mitigated. If God steps in every time something bad is about to happen or even just something someone thinks is bad, then all our goodness would be attenuated. We would just become robots.
This line of thought does not belong here. But, if you start a new thread, I will be happy to participate.
Every non-Christian philosopher. And no Christian one could refute their arguments.
Nonsense. All one has to do is look at your posting history.
So, now I am a liar. If I would call someone a liar, I would be warned (at least). I do not want to change your minds, only interested in the arguments you present. I am simply curious. That is not an agenda. Maybe an apology would be in order.

So, now I am a liar. If I would call someone a liar, I would be warned (at least). I do not want to change your minds, only interested in the arguments you present. I am simply curious. That is not an agenda . Maybe an apology would be in order.
The facts lie in your posting history, and your posting history points to an agenda That’s not something anyone is making up. Other posters are free to take a look at it and make up their own minds.

non·sense

/ˈnänˌsens,ˈnänsəns/

noun
spoken or written words that have no meaning or make no sense.

Last edited:
What does one do?

Be like the Dude – just abide.
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

I didn’t say God causes bad situations,I said through our free will he allows bad situations to occur but only to the extent that good will eventually come from such actions.

If Trump wins I hope that Biden and the radical left will accept the results,rather than dragging our Nation through another four years of chaos and unwarranted impeachment’s,riots etc

Last edited:
Every non-Christian philosopher. And no Christian one could refute their arguments.
Are you sure of that?

See, here’s the thing.
You’re posting that God is mean.
You’re further positing that “nobody“ had refuted this.

Are you claiming that you have personally read the works of every philosopher ever?
That nobody in the history of the world has been able to reconcile a good God with The existence of evil?

Are you sure?

Last edited:
"Jeanne_S:
I think God cares about whether we return to him and reject our evil ways. Having free will, whatever the outcome, He will allow it only to the extent that good will come from it. I cannot fathom he is happy about abortion, sexual disorders, euthanasia or anything that goes against his
plan. If he allows it I will see it as a chastisement on our Nation.
Isaiah 26:9, “When your judgment comes upon the earth, the world’s inhabitants learn justice.”

(Sometimes, that is the only way one learns justice.)

Psalm 99:8, “O Lord our God, you answered them; You were a forgiving God to them, yet You punished their all their offenses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back