I
IgnatiusJReilly
Guest
Iām actually not angry at him. I actually understand where heās coming from more than he knows.i hoped so but it did sound like something i most likely would have said. two years ago. i am still fighting my human nature when it comes to my temper. guess that is why i am a farmer i the middle of no where,
I guess my definition of charity includes being brutal sometimes.
Thereās this idea from Cicero that a true friend is one that will lead you or push you towards the path to virtue - even at the cost of being a little rough about it.
Thatās part of my conversion story, actually. A friend of mine was pretty brutal with me about some of the things I believed and espoused. In the end I converted, and that friend was my sponsor. Heās now the godfather to my two youngest.
I love your sig, BTW. That, to me, is the best prayer ever.