Q
qui_est_ce
Guest
**
Gary and Brian…yeah…they look A LOT alike…
Listen I don’t mess up your …French…I think… name…so don’t mess up mine![]()
**
I happen to be a GIRL, viz my signature Christine.
**
Gary and Brian…yeah…they look A LOT alike…
Listen I don’t mess up your …French…I think… name…so don’t mess up mine![]()
**
I happen to be a GIRL, viz my signature Christine.
Yeah and I happen not to be a GARYI happen to be a GIRL, viz my signature Christine.
Well, you will ALWAYS get the benefit of the doubt from meSometimes the quoting system on this forum has a bug. It has the tendency to not work all the time. So excuse me for mixing up the posts. Second, why do you have to be mad or angry at me?
Remember Jesus said, “He who is angry with his brother is liable to judgement.”
So sorry. I’m glad you recognized yourself in spite of my error. It’s late…Yeah and I happen not to be a GARY![]()
No problem and I am from the 80’s which means, “dude” was gender neutralSo sorry. I’m glad you recognized yourself in spite of my error. It’s late…![]()
Good deal, you too, I forgot where I was anyway!Well, you will ALWAYS get the benefit of the doubt from meJust wanted to set the record straight for the benefit of the thread.
Must be late for you too, I thought I was talking to Manny, but God must have known you needed it!Good deal, you too, I forgot where I was anyway!
Protestants must be that. See they can’t believe that they were part of the Catholic church and then left it. Then they have to deal with leaving the church that Jesus instituted. So they claim with no evidence that they draw their history from the early church which they claim was individual in nature. They essentially don’t allow the Catholic church to be even formed until the 400 CE and in some cases even later. It’s fairly nonsensical in my opinion, but I can see the dilemma they would be in if they didn’t insist on this.I had to choose none of the above because of “where” and “who”. The answer to “where” is absolutely the Catholic Church, and the answer to “Who” is God. The general answer based on the question is The Catholic Church.
It’s so heart wrenching when protestants don’t acknowledge that we got the Bible from the Catholic Church. I was told vehemently by a moderator on a rapture forum (a few years ago) that it wasn’t true. But it is true. We did get the Bible from the Catholic Church, as given to the Catholic Church by God.
There is a logical fallacy here that makes a vote for the “Catholic Church” (with the proper caveats) misleading. I will call it an inheritance problem (from the realm of object oriented programming).I have been told it is the Catholic Church. And that is what I believe. But if it is true waht do protestants have to say or do they believe the bible came about any different.
anyway I would like to know both sides so I can determine for my self who really knows what they are talking about.
Protestants must be that. See they can’t believe that they were part of the Catholic church and then left it. Then they have to deal with leaving the church that Jesus instituted. So they claim with no evidence that they draw their history from the early church which they claim was individual in nature. They essentially don’t allow the Catholic church to be even formed until the 400 CE and in some cases even later. It’s fairly nonsensical in my opinion, but I can see the dilemma they would be in if they didn’t insist on this.
are we adding or splitting countries? If splitting, why?There is a logical fallacy here that makes a vote for the “Catholic Church” (with the proper caveats) misleading. I will call it an inheritance problem (from the realm of object oriented programming).
I will illustrate with a neutral example.
Let us say we have a country A. In the history of country A they perform great deed X.
Let us say later on that country A divides into three countries. One country keeps the same name, while we also add countries B and C. Over time a little rivalry develops between these three countries.
Boasting has no relevance in claiming Truth, just as Authority is not the same as Power.Now country A begins boasting of accomplishment X to countries B and C, claiming that accomplishment X was exclusively the domain of country A and countries B and C have no claim to this great deed.
Assuming a split, countries B and C inherit X. But they split from A, because they did not want to obey the Authority of A. Then B and C took X, which they inherited from A, and claimed only B and C had Authority.Is country A justified in its boasting? The problem here is the inheritance problem. Countries B and C inherit just as much from country A prior to the point of division as country A does.
Are you talking about the Christian’s N.T.?I have been told it is the Catholic Church. And that is what I believe. But if it is true waht do protestants have to say or do they believe the bible came about any different.
anyway I would like to know both sides so I can determine for my self who really knows what they are talking about.
I was going to post this very thought. But you summed it up better than I ever could have. IMHO, the perfect response!I would say that God gave us the bible.
He used human authors to write it, who under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, wrote what God wanted, and only what God wanted.
God used his Church which His son Jesus established, to sift through all the competing documents claiming to be inspired, to infallibly recognize which of these books were indeed inspired by God.
The larger issue is that the typical Protestant believer, while firm in their faith, and as sincere as anyone in their desire to live a God-pleasing life, has no concept of Church history.Protestants must be that. See they can’t believe that they were part of the Catholic church and then left it.
I agree that they aren’t informed, but, I have yet to come across a protestant/non-denom that *wants **to be *informed. They seem so closed minded. I don’t mean this in a judgemental way, I just wish they would read about the History, (of the one and only true church of Jesus Christ, the RCCThe larger issue is that the typical Protestant believer, while firm in their faith, and as sincere as anyone in their desire to live a God-pleasing life, has no concept of Church history.
None. It’s simply not a topic of conversation.
They have no idea of how the Bible in their laps came into existance (although most could tell you whose writings are credited to each individual book).
It’s not, as you say, that they can’t believe it. It’s much more that they simply aren’t informed that this is so.
-Michael (former Free Will Baptist)
If you approach the typical Protestant (well, really the typical Evangelical: Episcopals and Lutherans have a pretty good knowledge of Church history in my experience. I don’t want to over-generalize), knowing you are Catholic, their guard goes up. It’s seen as proseltysing , and you clearly have an agenda.I agree that they aren’t informed, but, I have yet to come across a protestant/non-denom that *wants **to be ***informed. They seem so closed minded.
Every Christian should attempt to understand the roots of their faith. While I have not converted to Catholocism, it was important for me to dig into this. Even if I choose not to join the CC, it is important for me (and I think, others) to weigh the evidence fairly, and with an open mind.I don’t mean this in a judgemental way, I just wish they would read about the History
Ignorance. It’s easy to dismiss that which you have no exposure to. Fifteen minutes into The Mass on EWTN is more Scripture than the typical Evangelical gets in two hours at their church. They just don’t realize this, because they choose not to expose themselves to it.Most protestant’s etc., say that we never read the Bible or that they did not hear readings from the Bible (when they had visited the CC.) How could anyone sit through Mass and not hear the readings (that are straight out of the Bible)![]()
Thank you for backing me up on this!
- Most people had no idea how the Baptist Religion came to existence (including myself
). Some people in our church believed that it was a church instituted by John the Baptist (hence the name).
I don’t think I received even that much detail. It is what it is, and that’s about as far as the discussion went.
- As far as the Bible is concerned, were taught that the Bible was written by men, inspired by God. And somewheres, somehow, it all got put together nicely in a book
How very sad.Hence why my father, after hearing that I was joining the Catholic Church, was/is convinced that I have joined a cult and will forever burn in Hell. (very sad indeed)