P
Peter_Plato
Guest
Leaving aside the fact that he was speaking directly to the Apostles.Yep I get that a male priest is acting in the person of Christ, yet I don’t know where it is written that Jesus said only a male should "Do this in memory of me”
Who is JESUS telling to “DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME,” if not the APOSTLES, specifically?When the hour came, he took his place at the table, and the apostles with him. He said to them, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; for I tell you, I will not eat it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.” Then he took a cup, and after giving thanks he said, “Take this and divide it among yourselves; for I tell you that from now on I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.” Then he took a loaf of bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” (Luke 22:14-20)
Jesus chose only male Apostles. He directed the Apostles alone and specifically to consecrate bread and wine. The Apostles specifically selected males alone to replace them.
You could, I suppose, charge the Apostles with arbitrarily selecting males to succeed them, when Jesus really intended both males and females to function as the priesthood, but that would mean insisting that Jesus merely coincidentally chose an all male Apostolic cohort and that the Apostles merely, by a meaningless oversight, followed-up that coincidental and irrelevant act by Jesus with their own equally meaningless and irrelevant choices of male successors.
Your whole case, however, suspiciously begins to appear contrived and ad hoc, fabricated merely to bolster a case that cannot be made from the words and acts of Jesus himself.
Perhaps it would be more fruitful to ask why Jesus might have deliberately chosen an all-male priesthood and what that act, by itself, signifies, rather than insisting that it must inherently be a case of injustice that has been unthinkingly, or otherwise, perpetrated by the Church ever since and must, therefore, be rectified because you “feel” it must be, irrespective of why Jesus and the Apostles might have done such a thing to begin with.

