Which is your favorite sacrament?

• Thread starter Thread starter Karl_Keating
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Karl_Keating

I don’t mean “favorite” in the sense of “which sacrament has the highest dignity.” That would be the Eucharist, since it is Christ himself. I mean “favorite” in the sense of “which sacrament is most consoling/helpful/meaningful to me.”

I’ll start: My favorite is confession (penance, reconciliation). What’s yours?

I could never consider confession my favorite, its more in the category of going to the dentist and having teeth pulled without pain-killers.

I would have to say Holy Communion.

Karl Keating:
I’ll start: My favorite is confession (penance, reconciliation). What’s yours?
As a convert, I actually love confession. I have such a sense of peace and tranquillity when I am allowed the graces of this important and vital sacrament. My wife, a cradle Catholic, doesn’t always understand why I like it so much. She’s often suspicious as to why I visit the confessional 2 or 3 times a month! It took her a while to grasp the solemnity of this sacrament for me. I always try to attend before a Holy day…

All that being said, I voted for Matrimony 👍. Once I started to examine the Church and really learn its teachings, I began to appreciate the sanctity of this sacrament. I began to understand why the Church places so much importance in this union. Scott Hahn helped me realize that marriage is a covenant on the order of God’s covenant with Abraham. Not only do I get to daily rejoice in my marriage to a wonderful woman (okay, maybe not daily), but I am also able to take solace in the fact that our union is God’s will and an essential part of His plan for our lives.

It has to be the Eucharist. I am never closer to the Lord than when I receive him at Communion.

Let me try this again, I seem to be having trouble with this forum. I’m not staying logged in, write a post, then lose it because it says that I’m not logged in. What am I doing wrong?

Anyways, Confession is the most helpful sacrament to me. It helps me on the necessary path to rid myself of sin and the root causes of it in my life, which only interfere with my relationship with God. It gives me the grace and humility to admit my faults and allows the Holy Spirit to do it’s work.

Of course I love the Eurcharist, especially after confession.

Well I guess my favorite one would be marriage even though I’m not even close to getting married yet. 😃

Baptism meant so much to me after my salvation twenty-two years ago! 👍

Eucharist of course. After that its a three way tie between Baptism, Marriage and Reconcilliation. I would have trouble narrowing it down further.

40.png
Fathero9:
Eucharist of course. After that its a three way tie between Baptism, Marriage and Reconcilliation. I would have trouble narrowing it down further.
Fathero9,

Are you the same guy I used to AIM with many years ago? Are you the guy on the west caost of Florida?

My AIM was/still is RicGator .

The Eucharist. Under both species.

Praise Jesus for giving us Himself! As Food! For us mere mortals!

I have been married about two months now and I have to say matrimony.

I am convinced that despite my sinfulness and inadequacies as a follower of Jesus, my wife is going to drag my sorry rear end across the goal line to get into heaven. She is great.

I was trying to decide between the Blessed Sacrament and Confession. They’re both Sacraments that I frequent and I doubt that I would make it to heaven without the grace that those two Sacraments provide. But if I had to choose my favorite one between the two --the one I look forward to receiving the most-- that would have to go the Blessed Sacrament. 👍

There’s nothing better in this life then the moments we spend with our Lord in Holy Communion. It’s Heaven on Earth; we are in Him and He is within us.

Miguel.

It has to be the Eucharist for me: The Source and Summit of what we are as Catholic-Christians and the Goal toward Which we reach in our day to day struggles.

I love having a baptism during Mass. The whole parish welcoming a new soul is very special. The family are so happy! We all are reminded of the free gift of salvation as a helpless infant is brought to Christ. It’s beautiful.

I have not experienced Confirmation or The Eucharist yet… less than a week!!! (can you tell I am excited… LOL)

Anyway, my wife and I went to confession for the first time two Saturday’s ago, I LOVED it. I was scared at first, but it was so comforting. My wife and I are going to try to go every two weeks, unless something necessitates it more often.

Brandon

I voted for Confession – to use the words of a (somewhat controversial!) song, “I once was lost but now am found.”

Confession brought me back into full communion with the Church.

'thann

This is such an unfair poll – My true vote is a seven-way tie. 🙂
Baptism is my gateway to the other sacraments (not to mention the Body of Christ!)
Eucharist is the source of my strength
Confirmation sealed my admission in the Church
Reconciliation brings me back when I have stumbled
Holy Orders is the vessel through which 6 of the sacraments are delivered (extraordinary baptisms excepted)
I’ve not (yet) been Annointed, but how can you not love a vehicle of God’s grace?

Which leads to…
40.png
pittsburghjeff:
I have been married about two months now and I have to say matrimony.

I am convinced that despite my sinfulness and inadequacies as a follower of Jesus, my wife is going to drag my sorry rear end across the goal line to get into heaven. She is great.
I have been married for about 19 years now. It is the sacrament I must live in and participate in every day. It is the sacrament most critical for me and my salvation. What a fantastic gift – If i love my spouse in just the right way, I get to go to heaven. Woo-hoo! 😃

Can I please be a bit weird and say Anointing of the Sick?

This in no way implies I wish all people to be sick and die.

But, I have always loved funerals, if there is a way of saying that without it sounding like I enjoy the fact that someone has died.

To me a funeral is a part of life, it is sad, but it is a beautiful way to celebrate a persons life on earth.

I have seen my Nanna given her last rites, and I felt the Holy Spirit very powerfully in the room.

I think this is when we are at our closest to God.

The Eucharist is a closeness to Jesus.

The Confirmation is a closeness to the Holy Spirit.

Baptism is a closeness to God too, but I was baptised young, so dont remember it.

And Matrimony hasnt worked out very well for me, so for now I dont like that one at all.

Love Kellie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back