Who Will Win the US Presidential Election

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
losnlee02;9976719:
  1. Education for all either rich and poor.
  2. The "real "Republican Party has been taken over by knuckle draggers and those who don’t believe in science.
  3. Medicare. Medicare. Medicare
  4. I have a 28 year old who had 2 heart surgeries at age 25. When she graduated from law school and lost her health insurance she was denied 5 times for new insurance. On the last denial letter was an insert for those living in California with pre-Exsisting conditions. She applied to the California Pre-Exsisting Health Insurance Plan and was accepted. She pays a large deductible and $250 a month, but it saved her from moving to the UK where she would have full coverage. This plan was mandated by the AHCA and federal funding for underwriting comes from taxes on cigarettes.
  5. Educated ( and non educated) women have enough of a glass ceiling without having those who need extraordinary help with binders of extraordinary resumes from women to help populate their cabinets.
  6. I am not a one issue voter, I look at the big picture then add into the equation who holds social justice stances close to my own.
On your side, innuendo and name-calling.

On the side opposing the HHS MANDATE, the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

2271 Since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable. Direct abortion, that is to say, abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law:
Code:
You shall not kill the embryo by abortion and shall not cause the newborn to perish.

God, the Lord of life, has entrusted to men the noble mission of safeguarding life, and men must carry it out in a manner worthy of themselves. Life must be protected with the utmost care from the moment of conception: abortion and infanticide are abominable crimes.
References cited are Holy Scripture, the Didache, the writings of the Church Fathers and official Catholic Church teaching documents.

scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s2c2a5.htm#2271
 
Some people are committed. But the people who state most of the points favoring the GOP are “regulars”. I’m talking about the people who came here in 2008 who had no prior posts. They came in groups. Maybe you weren’t here then.
They are not here this year.
 
Does Ron Paul count as “other?” I hear a LOT of people are writing him in…
 
Yeah, like I’m going to give you my fax number. Dream on. Creeeeeeepy Alert. :mad::mad::mad:
:rolleyes: Oh don’t be concerned. I don’t at all want it. Only if I had a FAX machine in my kitchen and you needed proof on what the Catholic Church teaches.
 
I pray for the sake of the unborn, marriage and religious freedom Romney wins
I forgot Jesus was a registered republican 😃 Jesus was with the poor and marginalized and Romney will only make things worse for them with those budget cuts of his. There are waaaaay more issues.
 
They are not here this year.
Oh, yes, that’s another sign that this election is different than 2008. The Democrat fervor is gone. I belong to a couple of sites online that aren’t even about politics, and there were Obama ravatars all over the place and people were getting totally beat up left and right. That’s not occurring this year. At. All. The site which was the worst in 2008 doesn’t have a single–not a single–picture of Obama anywhere. I was in there yesterday.
 
losnlee02;9976719:
I dont either. I would like to know what proportionate reasons would allow a catholic to vote for a man who supports homosexual marriage and unrestricted taxpayer funded abortion on demand? i have not run across a single member of the magesterium that has even hinted a Catholic could vote for a person who holds such views.
Every member of the Body of Christ has to determine if they have a well formed conscience and then act upon their conscience. 🙂
 
I forgot Jesus was a registered republican 😃 Jesus was with the poor and marginalized and Romney will only make things worse with those budget cuts of his. There are waaaaay more issues.
There are non-negotiable issues and there are prudential issues. Catch up.
 
estesbob;9976738:
Every member of the Body of Christ has to determine if they have a well formed conscience and then act upon their conscience. 🙂
Catechism of the Catholic Church:

"1783 Conscience must be informed and moral judgment enlightened. A well-formed conscience is upright and truthful. It formulates its judgments according to reason, in conformity with the true good willed by the wisdom of the Creator. The education of conscience is indispensable for human beings who are subjected to negative influences and tempted by sin to prefer their own judgment and to reject authoritative teachings. "

"1792 Ignorance of Christ and his Gospel, bad example given by others, enslavement to one’s passions, assertion of a mistaken notion of autonomy of conscience, rejection of the Church’s authority and her teaching, lack of conversion and of charity: these can be at the source of errors of judgment in moral conduct. "
 
I forgot Jesus was a registered republican 😃 Jesus was with the poor and marginalized and Romney will only make things worse for them with those budget cuts of his. There are waaaaay more issues.
The poor won’t be helped if Catholic charities have to shut down due to fines that overwhelm them for refusing to pay for contraceptives. Then the poor have to go on food stamps (something we don’t want to happen to EVERYONE) and then the country will go bankrupt with more people on food stamps.

Recently, I gave a nice sized check to my parish’s Saint Vincent De Paul Society council. Saint Vincent De Paul Society…better than the government!
 
There are non-negotiable issues and there are prudential issues. Catch up.
Sooo What?!? It’s not like Romney going to do anything about it anyway. One issue voting is wreckless. Why do we value some life more than the poor or marginalized in society?
 
Luigi Daniele;9976830:
I’m speaking of the already born, sorry I didn’t elaborate.
I know you are. And I’m speaking of those murdered because of the current President’s policies.

Material cooperation with evil is a sin, my friend. Prayers offered for you.
 
Sooo What?!? It’s not like Romney going to do anything about it anyway. One issue voting is wreckless. Why do we value that type of life more than the poor or marginalized in society?
So just because you don’t like to hear that there are non-negotiable things and prudential things, we should call them all the same and throw them out the window? That’s irresponsible. See the post of properly formed conscience forums.catholic-questions.org/showpost.php?p=9976885&postcount=171.
 
Discrimination.
Many Democrats consider the unborn as less than human…kind of like the Jews in Nazi Germany. Once you’ve determined that a human being has no value, it is easy to discard them for “more important things…” like free contraception. :mad:
 
Back to predictions…

What about Virgil Goode? Will he win? Inquiring minds want to know…
 
Many Democrats consider the unborn as less than human…kind of like the Jews in Nazi Germany. Once you’ve determined that a human being has no value, it is easy to discard them for “more important things…” like free contraception. :mad:
Correct.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top