Why are Americans universally despised today?

  • Thread starter Thread starter romano
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted the ketchup thingy. one of the last things I will do while eating steaks is to put ketchups on them
 
dumspirospero said:
“If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first…”

My point is that we always look out for others…we sacrafice monetarily and we sacrafice our lives to help others…we always stand for justice, uprightness, liberty, and freedom of all people…and that irritates the people who want to oppress everyone and have everyone live in fear.
Code:
Dums,

That is a bit over the top. Your nationalism blinds you to the wrong your country has done (for that matter, all countries have soiled hands). You cannot compare your country to Jesus…as it is far from it. Even our beloved pope of blessed memory said that the US was in danger of losing its soul…and that was before Terri Shiavo. :crying:

Please…there is no comparison whatsoever. As much as you would consider the US as true and blue…there are so many who are aborting, euthanising, fornicating, sodomizing, killing at every turn, etc etc…shoudl I continue? There is no way that people would think of Jesus’ statement when they think of the US…quite the contrary…please get real!😃

Blessings,
Shoshana
 
D

I do so understand what you are saying…even if others don’t …

👍
 
I think this thread is meant to cause fights and it does little to help any problems. I’m out of here. We are not always Christ like in this country and there is any place that is in this world. We as Catholics have our work cut out for us. Yet pointing the finger at the US and singling us out , whatever country you are from OP, is really sickening.
 
dumspirospero said:
“If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first…”

My point is that we always look out for others…we sacrafice monetarily and we sacrafice our lives to help others…we always stand for justice, uprightness, liberty, and freedom of all people…and that irritates the people who want to oppress everyone and have everyone live in fear.

To a certain point this is right, there are people who will dispise the US for trying to stand up for those who are victims of injustice, but at other times it is the US doing the injustice. Sometimes there is unjustice done when we try to do justice, we don’t always perfectly know what to do. But there is plenty of injustice we export too. We export abortion, fornacation, pornography, and etc. all thats been already mentioned.

If they dispise the US they probably also dispise their own country too. If they blindly hate the US, they might just blindly be too patriotic for their own country, like some people in the US. A govenment can only give so much, and sometimes a govenment has to make desicions that favor one over another.

Remember that often we hate the other just because they are differnt person. The rich hates the poor and the poor hate the rich. The business owners hate the unionist and the unionist hate the business owner. The communist hate the capitalists and the capitalist hate the communinst. Often there is truth to the reason of disliking the other, but it is not the full truth and whole truth.

It is always good for an individual to do an examination of conscious, then why should it not be differnt for a nation?
 
I spent 5 years primarily in Italy but also saw France, Germany and Kerala,India. I thought I was well treated and recieved everywhere I went. The only problems I encountered were in Italy and frankly had to do with my assumption that the things that were important to a 19y/o all-American girl like myself, would have to be important to everybody else. That assumption is wrong but what surprises me is when I see our elder statesmen still carrying themselves with that foolish notion.
 
40.png
romano:
Why are Americans universally despised today?
Because Evil is Rampant in the World and Evil hates America and All this it stands for.

IF that upsets anyone, then …too bad.
 
The world loves America and we love the rest of the world. It’s just media hype!!!
 
From what I can tell, Americans are not universally despised. Most people want what America has. Many, many people want to live in America, if they could figure out how.
 
I don’t despise Americans (I have American relatives), I do despise the American hype though.

If America is so good why do so many Americans shoot each other in large numbers?

If America is so good why does it still have poverty?

If America is so good, why do so many work themselves into an early grave (my Uncle)?

America is great if you have money - if you don’t have money its something else.

Why does America support “friendly” dictatorships and then bang on about democracy.

America was the first and only country to use an atomic bomb on civilians.

Why does America support the Israeli suppression of Palestinians?

Why does America export so much porn?

Why does America kill so many unborn babies?

If America is so good why do you have no chance of being elected President without massive corporate finacial backing?

Some Americans do hold some good values, unfortunately they will never be in power as money dictates everything today.
 
40.png
romano:
Why are Americans universally despised today?
Here is a thought, they aren’t. While working as part of a Civil Affairs team in Thailand about three years ago I had the opportunity to see the Thai people genuinely welcome our team in their town. All were genuinely happy that we were there.

Now there does exist a very vocal minority in the world that goes out of its way to protest whatever the United States does. I also think that the political leaders in various countries use anti-US rhetoric to charge up their constituencies. Blame all of the troubles in your nation on the United States. What happens is all sorts of protests, etc that wind up on CNN, MSNBC, BB etc make it look like the whole world is against us.

I will tell you what is truly damaging to the US is the fact that the rhetoric our politicians use against each other has gotten increasingly shrill and mean spirited.
 
40.png
chuffle:
I don’t think that Americans as individuals are hated. There is a “distaste” for the regime that is in power at the present though.

Joe
Does anyone seriously think that ‘democracy’ changes the ‘regime that is in power’, I wonder??
 
40.png
David_Paul:
The sewer rats who run Hollywood and the MSM propagate a sewer rat view of America world wide.

That is the reason for the misconceptions.
🙂 The sewer rats who run Hollywood and the MSM propagate a sewer rat view of the entire world.

America is not the issue.

*Can you tell what it is yet? 😉 *
 
40.png
abcdefg:
I voted the ketchup thingy. one of the last things I will do while eating steaks is to put ketchups on them
😃 Why, that must be it. They hate our ketchup!

Somebody tell Goy George. Quick!

The sauce must flow !!
.
.
 
Fitz, Aimee, WhiteDove, and the many others…

I am not trying to pick a fight. I try to be as down to earth as possible. And I call them as I see them…usually.

I know many Americans as my mom owns a cottage amongst many American ones. (We live on the border of Lake Erie).They have been great all a round. And they say the same about us. We have no problems. There is no jealousy and no harsh words of any kind. My two sisters are going out with Americans and they have been very courteous to the family. There is no problem here.

I truly believe there is hardly a person I know who are jealous of and wants to move to the US. We have many refugees ourselves but Mexico isn’t our border at all. I have friends who live on the Niagara Parkway and it is so beautiful to see the Niagara River and being able to see the US. (from a very posh house!) from where we sit. It is an amazing sight to behold…praise God!

But to make myself understood in what I am trying to say in my last post, I will give you an analogy. My brothers and sisters were baptized and raised Catholics. When there is a family event, like baptism or confirmation, wedding or funeral, we are all there sitting there together. Anybody from the outside would say yes, Shoshana’s family is very Catholic…look at them together. There are so many and it is a touching site. Well, let us see what happens within my own family amongst my brothers and sisters:
  • I am the oldest who loves the faith and tries her darndest to follow Jesus and the Chruch’s teachings on things. Been married for 31 years with a wonderful man and raised two children who are now adults.
  • My brother is next and he left the Catholic Church to join the Anglican then the Calvary Gospel then the Faith Pentecostal. He has mellowed a bit in his anti-Catholicism…but not all together…he has raised 4 children after 31 years of marriage also.
  • My sister is next. She left her husband and 5 children after 25 years of marriage. She lives with an American south of the border who was married also with his own children. He is about 12 years years her senior.
  • Then comes another sister who left her abusive husband of 22 years. She also is having a relationship with a married man from Philadelphia and she has 4 children. He himself had children…
  • Next comes my baby brother who has been married 12 years and has 2 children but does a ‘menage a trois’ whenever he can get it…
Now we were raised all Catholics with all of its teaching. On the surface this may seem the case…but the reality is, my family is far from being Catholic at all. It doesn’t matter that people compliment us on our being a beautiful family…it doesn’t matter that it makes great family reunions…the fact of the matter is that we truly are not…

And this is how I see the US (since they claim to be Christian). I do not know of any other country who makes this claim. Am I being understood here???

I do not want to make enemies with anyone…I love you guys (and gals)…so try to understand…😦

Blessnigs,
Shoshana
 
If America & Americans are universally despised, why are we having so many illegal aliens risking life & limb to get into the US to be around us???
 
40.png
romano:
Why are Americans universally despised today?
If we are despised, I really couldn’t care less if I tried. I don’t care what the rest of the world thinks of the USA. I would rather be right than liked. I would rather be safe with an effective military than living in past glory–read France.

Let the rest of the world complain all they want, they know and I know that they depend on the USA more and more as time goes on. Without the USA or someone like us, they world would be in TOTAL chaos. There is an old saying about my favorite football team, “It’s hard to be humble when you are a Sooner.” You can replace the word Sooner with American and still be correct.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top