Why are there so many homosexuals?

• Thread starter Thread starter Polak
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
No kidding.

To the other posters (who don’t have SSA):

Does this sound like something that would interest you?

Do you ever think, “Hey, this homosexuality sounds like a lot of fun! I ought to check it out!”

Seriously?
Imagine a world in which people over eat, and they eat nothing but over processed garbage, get little to no exercise, and do all this knowing their odds of heart attacks, heart disease, and diabetes goes up dramatically. Do you think anyone would seriously do things they know can be bad for them for momentary pleasure?

40.png
signit:
No kidding.

To the other posters (who don’t have SSA):

Does this sound like something that would interest you?

Do you ever think, “Hey, this homosexuality sounds like a lot of fun! I ought to check it out!”

Seriously?
Imagine a world in which people over eat, and they eat nothing but over processed garbage, get little to no exercise, and do all this knowing their odds of heart attacks, heart disease, and diabetes goes up dramatically. Do you think anyone would seriously do things they know can be bad for them for momentary pleasure?
Sure.

But do you think homosexuality would provide “momentary pleasure” to people without SSA?

Certainly not to me.

Prisoners engage in environmental homosexuality quite frequently due to a lack of female sexual partners.

i think gay men and gay women are two different things. Today young girls are pressured to be sexual so young their mothers often put them on the pill so young just in case which sends a message loud and clear of hopelessness and that many girls are not comfortable with this message and settle for fittting in somehow by lesbianism activity. As far as gay men ive read psychiatrists say its a narcisstic mother phenomena effect on the small sons identity . All things can be straightened out by Catholic spiritual guidance.
Respectfully, I couldn’t disagree more. Some things simply cannot be “straightened out”, and the one who suffers, from whatever affliction might exist, just has to accept it. St Paul suffered from something, just what, we don’t know.

I do not suffer from SSA, but I can well imagine how someone could find themselves in this predicament, realize there’s not a thing in the world they can do about it, and just have to live with everything that entails, include lifelong celibacy.

The issue I have is that there seem to be so many homosexuals around. It’s difficult not to study or work in a environment where there are at least some homosexuals.
I think you should treat everyone you work with as colleagues.
Remember, you must be professional. If people are hitting on you
or making graphic comments, report the matter to human resources.

Don’t worry! God bless you.
Here’s what the Catechism says:
The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God’s will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord’s Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition. [Emphasis mine]

Last edited:
40.png
signit:
But the site makes the suggestion that the child’s homosexuality could be the cause of abuse
Doesn’t really seem too likely to me. This puts the kid in the position of being the seducer of the predator.
Not the seducer of the predator, just an easier mark for the predator.

And there is no evidence that most gay people were sexually molested as children. Neither I nor most of my gay male friends were molested as children.

Last edited:
And there is no evidence that most gay people were sexually molested as children. Neither I nor most of my gay male friends were molested as children.
Guess it depends on what one means by “molested”. I say every adult-on-child sexual expression is a “molestation”.

And the article I provided shows that anywhere from 42% to over 60% were molested as children.

Not the seducer of the predator, just an easier mark for the predator.
I can easily see how that could happen.

The child who’s socially isolated might be more likely to trust an abuser because that child might not have friends of his own.

The child who’s socially isolated might be more vulnerable because the abuser might want to abuse a child who’s alone than a child who’s out there with friends involved with peer activities.

There are many animals that practice homosexuality.
I have lived with animals all my life, and plenty of them, and never have I seen a truly “homosexual” pair of animals. I dont’ think it exists.

It’s almost like God has burdened certain people with this same sex attraction that they now have to spend their life fighting,
Well fighting is part of the process, some people were born without arms/legs and thats a burden they will have to carry, homosexuality and all other disorders come from original sin, we were not supposed to be born like that but since Adam and Eve sinned thats the consequence we all have to suffer with, now you can do 2 things with all the pain and suffering in life, you can be angry at God for letting that happen to you (even though He gives you a chance to join Him) or you can praise Him for that particular challenge in your life, Mother Teresa told us about a woman who got bone cancer, divorced and found out she’s going to die in a short period of time, but when Teresa (a nun) came to visit her she was smiling and praising God becuse she knew that all the suffering in the universe is worth to get to meet God, you can use your pain to sanctify you and that’s part of the reason why God allow bad stuff to happen, so back to:
so many people with same sex attraction
Some develop this due to some abuse or experience and some people discover it at very early age (doesnt mean they were born that way), but that’s the cross they are gonna have to carry, MY cross is the temptation of giving up, you have your cross and all saints had theirs, but nowadays people are starting to see this as ok and not as something unhealthy, so instead of seeking help they just make their disorder into their persona.

If i said something wrong please reply to my comment and correct me!

Why is sodomy a sin? Heterosexuals do it. Many animals do it.
In every case it is a violation of natural law. Animals operate on instinct and opportunity without self control. Humans can achieve self-mastery and not act on their desires. Choosing to engage in the act is a sin.

In every case it is a violation of natural law. Animals operate on instinct and opportunity without self control. Humans can achieve self-mastery and not act on their desires. Choosing to engage in the act is a sin.
Homosexuality is natural to homosexuals.
Heterosexuality is natural to heterosexuals.

You still didn’t explain WHAT THE SIN IS.

You are making the mistake of conflating natural with natural law. Using reproductive organs for something other than their purpose is a violation of natural law.

40.png
Thorolfr:
Guess it depends on what one means by “molested”. I say every adult-on-child sexual expression is a “molestation”.

And the article I provided shows that anywhere from 42% to over 60% were molested as children.
The article you linked to doesn’t seem very reliable to me. It’s in a little known journal and Wikipedia has the following to say about one of its authors, Donald I Templer:
Donald I. Templer (1938 – 2016) was an American psychologist best known for theories on race and intelligence, and his association with the white nationalist group American Renaissance. He was a professor of psychology at Alliant International University in Fresno, California.

Templer’s most recent studies focused on race and intelligence and he spoke on the subject at white nationalist American Renaissance conferences. Templer and Hiroko Arikawa argued in a 2006 study that colder climates favor higher IQs because it is more difficult to live in such areas. Templer described “race realists” as modern-day Galileos, and argued that the compensated sterilization of welfare recipients would be cost saving, and prevent “burdens” on society.

He doesn’t sound like someone whose research I would trust.

It’s done ALL the time. It’s called pleasure.
Pleasure is not the end function of the reproductive organs. It is the stimulus to make the reproductive act desirable and the desire to repeat. If it was not pleasurable there would not be a human race.

Last edited:
40.png
buffalo:

It’s the exact same sin as masturbation, birth control, & sterilization - all 3 are mortal sins. (Fornication & adultery are both mortal sins too, but for slightly different reasons.)

Using the sex organs for purely pleasure & in a way that will not result possible the creation of life is a sin.

When married people have sex, every act must be completed in a way that God may send a life to the womb. If we deliberately interfere with it, it is a sin.

Also, if we have sex (whether married or not) without the willingness to accept being a parent from out actions, it is a sin.

This is why if a priest finds out that a couple planning to get married have ZERO intention to have kids, he will not marry them. Because getting married is about starting a family, not solely about the couple. This is also why if one spouse never wanted & still doesn’t want kids, it can be grounds for an annulment.

NOTE:
I’m going to quickly address when people use NFP, sterilization, & same-sex couples adopting as reasons against the above.
  • Now, that doesn’t mean that a married couple can’t use natural family planning (assuming they are still open to life), because while NFP is very effective in preventing pregnancy, you can’t commit a sin by abstaining from sex. Plus, having sex during the wife’s infertile period doesn’t mean her cycle can’t be irregular one month, causing a pregnancy. So the act of NFP isn’t sinful, in of itself. However, it is possible for a couple practicing NFP to have sinful motivations.
  • Sterile people can still be married (as long as they can physically engage in the martial act) because (a) miracles can & do sometimes happen; and (b) because they have the option to adopt. Also, the Church doesn’t hold natural sterilization against a person, assuming they can still engage in the marital act.
  • The problem with same sex couples adopting is the exact same issue with single people adopting. The Church desires every child to have BOTH a mother & father. This is the ideal. Now, sometimes a parent dies or abandons his/her family, and this is tragic. When when a same sex couple or a single person adopts, it often means that the adopted child will DELIBERATELY never experience having BOTH a mother & father.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back