Woah, yeah…I think you’re way over-reaching here. I don’t wear a veil because I don’t think it is required of me. It’s really as simple as that, I promise. Having a few ladies who wear the veil on an online forum claiming that it’s a requirement of the priest, bishop, pope or Church or Jesus doesn’t make it so.Let’s be careful here. We claimed nothing of the sort --we offered a hypothesis "IF this were required. PLEASE be careful that in addressing what we say that you don’t make the ‘appearance’ that we actually said or ‘claimed’ something we did not. It just means that a few women who wear veils in Church value the tradition of wearing veils more than I do. It’s as simple as that, and unnecesssary to make it more than that. Your opinion here.
I think it’s unappropriate to set up crazy senarios Ah, at least here you acknowledge it was not a CLAIM but a ‘scenario, though really, Rence, you HAD to add ‘crazy’.’ Was that necessary? Was it kind? to prove another person’s fidelity to the Church. While you might agree to do whatever the Church mandates, up to and including jumping off a bridge, I’m inclined to believe that you would not, but I would be willing to bet some posters would say online that they would.misdirection and strawman but not surprising. All in the order of, “You don’t THINK FOR YOURSELF” vein, but at least you use ‘might’ so it looks as though you’re giving us a very backhanded ‘benefit of the doubt.’ Not saying that to be mean or disrespectful, truly I’m not

Well, you almost certainly don’t really MEAN to be disrespectful; you’re so convinced that you are right and I am wrong that you are slightly ‘pitying’ but I think you are trying to be fair.

What I’m trying to say is: In other words, it’s out of line for someone to create a senario to judge another person’s faith in the Church, especially when that senario is over the top. So now we are 'out of line, ‘over the top’, and ‘judgmental’ simply for making a hypothesis regarding a practice that actually existed within living memory? Come ON, Rence. When you have to use that many ‘emphases’ just who is the one really out trying to make an over the top judgment of another’s Faith?
Why else would someone ask me if I would obey the Church if it asked me to do something it’s not asking me to do? Why not stick to the real expectations of the Church, aren’t there enough? This WAS the expectation of the Church not that long ago. If you didn’t care for the question, you need not have answered. I sense a lot of disturbance over such a ‘non’ issue.
I answered Liz’ post as honestly as I could because I believe it is a non-issue. The point is, the Church is not going to all of a sudden require us to wear veils to Church. No, the point is that you were asked a hypothetical regarding a practice that existed once (just like not eating meat on all Fridays, or having a May crowning, or attendance at Mass on a Holy Day even if it was on a Saturday or Monday. Hypothetical. So if one is going to impose the hypothetical to me, I’ll give an appropriate hypothetical answer as my conscience dictates. The fact is, I’ll deal with it when (and if) the time comes. IF
IF if the Church were to mandate that veils are required to Mass, I’ll probably just go attend a Mass where I am welcome without one. And you know as well as I do that I’ll find one. Because the mandate would not be reasonable, which is why it’s not a mandate. Opinion. IF the Church makes a decision regarding Faith and morals, such as that contraception is a grave moral wrong, it doesn’t matter if 'lots of Catholics don’t think it’s reasonable. If the Church demanded you shave your head under your veil, will you do so? because no, I wouldn’t, sorry. But it’s a crazy question, isn’t it? The Church isn’t about to require we shave our heads under the veil. But like your hypothetical veil mandate, it’s a crazy question to me. Both senarios are equally crazy to me.