Will Joe Biden Be The First Presidential Nominee In 80 Years To Refuse A Debate?

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many who have not made up their minds, still on the fence.
Perhaps, perhaps not. I still think the debates won’t change many minds. Those that lean Trump will see him as strong, those that do not will seem his as confused and unorganized. Biden will be the same guy he has been for 40 years. Maybe something dramatic will happen that changes minds, but I doubt it. Could something happen that would change your vote?

Well, I didn’t say they should take place. I don’t like the soundbite thinking they encourage. During the 2016 primaries, I saw Ted Cruz get into a vigorous debate with a few Indiana voters that were heckling him. Now, if you saw the full clip, you realize that Cruz made very good points on his views on a particular issue and was very convincing. But I also saw a clip that was played in Indiana that was edited down and made Cruz look horrible. I think the debates and the coverage of them encourage the latter. I had a high school teacher say that he turned off the TV after the debate because he co
So now it is they should not necessarily take place. yes they should because they help undecided voters decide on who to vote for. I think it is crucial.

There are still many people who say they have not decided. Yes they are there.

Last edited:
DENNYINMI . . .
. . . Hence “preferential treatment for the poor” was elevated as Church teaching.

Our worry about things that can be replaced have overshadowed the callous deaths of members of HIs Body.

Utter shame with the defense of ignorance at all costs to wear the flag of “freedom” without concern about your brother is your crown and you wear it well.
Even preferential treatment for the poor among the most vulnerable poor of them all. The pre-born.

Last edited:
I think it’s a form of elder abuse that JB’s family is allowing this whole spectacle to occur.Wheter he himself is insisting on running,his wife whomI believe has a doctorate in psychology,out of love for him ,should encourage him to drop out,

Last edited:
I think it’s a form of elder abuse that JB’s family is allowing this whole spectacle to occur.
Come on, this is getting into tin hat territory. At a minimum, Biden appears to be operating at least as well as Trump. They are both way too old to be President, in my view, but Biden does not appear to be doing less well than Trump.

Trmp is decidedly more on top of things than JB is or ever was .
Objectively speaking,JB is having issues spitting out what he’s trying to say most of the time.That is unless his ire is up and he can go back to full combT mode and yell C’mon man!! Seriously I think thYs his default mode whenever he feels he’s being challenged.

Seriously there is some very obvious decline cognitively .Its just very weird ,the whole thing

Trmp is decidedly more on top of things than JB is or ever was .
Objectively speaking,JB is having issues spitting out what he’s trying to say most of the time.That is unless his ire is up and he can go back to full combT mode and yell C’mon man!! Seriously I think thYs his default mode whenever he feels he’s being challenged.
You might want to watch a wider swath of news. I try to sometimes watch the conservative news and sometimes the liberal. I have seen the clips of Biden saying dumb things or seeming confused. But I have seen the same (and worse, really) from Trump. Each side only focuses on the stumbles of the other guy, but there is no doubt that Trump has struggled at times to speak coherently, and sometimes seems confused.

Last edited:
Trump had trouble lifting a glass of water to his lips and walking down a ramp a few weeks ago.

I am guilty as charged,I havecarthritic hands and am a lousy typist to boot.What that has to do with JB is a stretch.

Last edited:
Ohh trust me I am very articulate and on top of things.
Show a little compassion for those of us who are older😜

Last edited:
I have been very compassionate re his cognitive decline.Guess you missed that 🤨

The right realizes they can’t run on Trump’s record because of his massive failure on COVID, so they will denigrate his opponent.
–Are you suggesting the Dems don’t denigrate Trump? Sheesh, that’s all they’ve done for the past 3 years.

–BTW, there was no “massive failure” by Trump on COVID. I’d be curious exactly how you think Trump “massively failed.”

Last edited:
Also he would be the first President (if elected) to be over 80 years if he chooses to run for a second term. I think the latter is more significant for oldsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back