C
chosen_people
Guest
Lets see if that is true:
Sounds reasonable, except:
Catholics accused of:
*2) not to commit blasphemy;
3) not to commit idolatry; *
The last statement is opposed to your first.
That’s called irony.
Peace and God Bless
Nicene
- You still haven’t answered my question concerning who is “you know who” in your post and who is doing “you know who"s” work. I assure you that I ask the question in good faith and that there is no need for you to impugn my “integrity”. I presume that I do not understand your meaning and therefore ask you to explain.
- Jews and Judaism do not “accuse” Catholics of blasphemy or of commiting idolatry. Jews do not think that people, including Christians of all faiths, who do not share their beliefs are damned. Jews do not think that you must be converted to the Jewish religion to be a good human being and to go to heaven. I believe the problem in your accepting that is two fold. First, Christianity as opposed to Judaism, is dogmatic, we ask “what do Catholics believe?” (see the many posts at this web site). The dogma of Judaism may be summed up as “Hear O Israel the Lord our G-d the Lord is One” and “Love they neighbour as thyself”. As Hillel said “everything else is commentary”. When speaking of the Jewish religion we should not ask what Jews believe, as we would with a Catholic, but what do Jews think. The second thing to remember is that Judaism preceeded both Christianity and Islam. Both Christianity and Islam which grew out of Jewish monotheistic concepts believed the Jews would adopt their new religion. When they did not both religions became “preoccupied” (to put it mildly) with the Jews for not adopting their beliefs (Islam also has a “preoccupation” with Christianity). Judaism. as the earlier religion’ did not undergo this process.