A teen girl shot by Islamic Taliban

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sam_777
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
“The militants have issued death threats against news organisations that report on Malala, blaming them for stirring up global interest in her cause.” Asia Pacific News
I don’t know whether I should :rotfl: or 😦 at that statement!!!

:dts: but that statement assures Muhammed fruit in (Matthew 7:15-17):
"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit."
 
It’s encouraging that Malala was stable enough to be transported to the UK. And that she was able to stand (with help) and write (I don’t remember if that was in the posted article or not; that was the AP update I saw this morning). Of course she’s not out of the woods yet. Praying for her continued recovery, and her family during this time.
 
That was quite a rant. Might I suggest taking a breath and maybe count to ten? 😉
Oh my gosh. I’ve been reading Proverbs, Wisdom and Sirach again.

Now every sentence I write is a new loosely related topic of its own!

Thanks for allowing me to tell you everything I’ve ever thought about anything.

More soon! 🙂
 
The fruit of Spanish exploration of the “New World” was…?
🤓 Millions of Christian converts, a stunning advance in World trade, freedom for the Aztecs’ many slaves – and an end to human sacrifice.

The beginnings of modern civilization in Florida and California. :tanning: The mission system. :highprayer: Peace and intermarriage between the Spanish and indigenous peoples that produced most of the present day descendants who call themselves Hispanic or Latino and have last names which reflect that heritage. :hug1:

The building of better housing, schools roads and harbors. :hammering:

The opening of trade with Europe that benefits us to this day.

And quantum leaps in the fields of geography, cartography, horticulture, archaeology, and scientific studies of jungles, rain forests, unique deserts, fishing banks and hatcheries, precious metal mining and a nautical route for global navigation.

BUT let’s just boil it all down to the mean old Church, the Inquisition and how sad it is that
the stupid Communists got their clocks cleaned in the 30s :crying: after trying to do to the Church what some in our county seem to want to do to it now.

I mean, if the Spanish were doing it … was it really science … or discovery … or ?? Think I’ll have some Gazpacho soon. The Indian side of that trade partnership made some nice contributions to us all too. Tobacco notwithstanding.

(CaptFun is out of work. Thinks he MIGHT become ambassador to Spain maybe.) :nope: - The bullfights put him right off his adulation. :stretcher: - Odio Pamplona!

BUT – he forgot what the Spanish had to do with Malala and the little cowards who shot her. They did in fact build schools … and girls went to them. Isabella, their ruler, was quite well schooled and underwrote the Columbian expeditions that ended up bringing her nation FABULOUS wealth!
 
Islamic Taliban? I didn’t know there was any other kind - is there maybe a Hindu or Buddhist Taliban out there somewhere? Or an atheist one? 🤷
 
Islamic Taliban? I didn’t know there was any other kind - is there maybe a Hindu or Buddhist Taliban out there somewhere? Or an atheist one? 🤷
:rotfl:
I thought some of you would not know who Taliban was :p.
 
Member EmperorNapoleon, do you have any doubt about that…😉
Yes, I do. The Quran does not condone attempts to murder children because they want an education. 6:140 - “Those will have lost who killed their children in foolishness without knowledge and prohibited what Allah had provided for them, inventing untruth about Allah. They have gone astray and were not guided.”
 
A tree is known by it’s fruit. The fruit of Islam is rape and murder.
Radical feminism had inherited the most evil aspect of the American Know-Nothing Party - anti-Catholicism. Why? Let’s see. They do not even dare to condemn any wrongdoing done by Muslims but if the Catholic Church said something, they jump on it.
BUT THE MUSLIMS ARE PEACEFUL PEOPLE… (YAH RIGHT) :rolleyes:
A young girl is nearly assassinated because she stood for freedom of expression and the right to a woman’s education, and of course the thread becomes an opportunity to “M.O.P.E.” or blame Islam.
 
Yes, I do. The Quran does not condone attempts to murder children because they want an education. 6:140 - “Those will have lost who killed their children in foolishness without knowledge and prohibited what Allah had provided for them, inventing untruth about Allah. They have gone astray and were not guided.”
Although it does not directly tells you that, but Quran (33:33) tells women to stay quietly in their houses, that what Taliban and others are implementing.

FYI: women education was not forced in Saudi Arabia till the last 50 years where the king at that time told the people if they want female doctors to look after their wives and daughters then they should allow them to go to schools, otherwise there are only male doctors, there where people thought its better to let women go to schools rather than getting touched by male doctors.
 
Although it does not directly tells you that, but Quran (33:33) tells women to stay quietly in their houses, that what Taliban and others are implementing.
The Quran’s defined role for women is no different than that of the Bible so whats your point? My point was the Quran explicitly condemns what the Taliban is doing.
 
It says in the Bible that women must be veiled?:confused:
1 Corinthians 11:6 - “For if a woman be not covered, let her be shorn. But if it be a shame to a woman to be shorn or made bald, let her cover her head.”
 
1 Corinthians 11:6 - “For if a woman be not covered, let her be shorn. But if it be a shame to a woman to be shorn or made bald, let her cover her head.”
Thanks. It also says that if your eye is the cause of your sinfulness, then pluck it out.
😉 <–smiley is appropriate considering, no?😃

The difference between the Bible/Christianity and Kuran/Muslim faith is that we understand where something is said that is a mere product of its times, and not binding.
 
The difference between the Bible/Christianity and Kuran/Muslim faith is that we understand where something is said that is a mere product of its times, and not binding.
That depends on who you ask. There are plenty of Catholic women who still take that command seriously and women are still required to wear a veil when meeting the Pope. I believe this is also the reason why nuns crop their hair and wear head coverings. Granted; this is also frowned upon by some Catholic women. In one of the instances I went to Mass there was a woman there who was wearing a veil and had a rosary and a manual of prayers with her. Unfortunately some parishioners sitting behind me were accusing her of attention seeking and I never saw her again.
 
1 Corinthians 11:6 - “For if a woman be not covered, let her be shorn. But if it be a shame to a woman to be shorn or made bald, let her cover her head.”
Have you been to a Catholic church lately? You’ll be lucky if you find a woman who is veiling. The Church is very clear that women don’t need to veil. This was a cultural issue that as far as I know could have to do with lice more than anything.🤷

You will find protestant denominations who believe in sola scriptura that are pretty bad because they don’t know the proper context of the bible. Catholics don’t take everything in the bible literally. As far as I know Muslims take everything in the Koran literally. You just can’t compare the two.
 
You will find protestant denominations who believe in sola scriptura that are pretty bad because they don’t know the proper context of the bible. Catholics don’t take everything in the bible literally. As far as I know Muslims take everything in the Koran literally. You just can’t compare the two.
Not every Catholic and not every Muslim still abides by those commands though there are plenty of each who do. The point is; you can’t make wild generalizations about religious observance.
 
That depends on who you ask. There are plenty of Catholic women who still take that command seriously and women are still required to wear a veil when meeting the Pope. I believe this is also the reason why nuns crop their hair and wear head coverings. Granted; this is also frowned upon by some Catholic women. In one of the instances I went to Mass there was a woman there who was wearing a veil and had a rosary and a manual of prayers with her. Unfortunately some parishioners sitting behind me were accusing her of attention seeking and I never saw her again.
That isn’t the point, though. These people feel the need to veil, and more power to them. Who am I to say? The Church does not officially require veiling, though, and Islam does (and then some). That is really the point.🙂
 
Not every Catholic and not every Muslim still abides by those commands though there are plenty of each who do. The point is; you can’t make wild generalizations about religious observance.
No, the point is that there are very very very few Catholics who veil. Not plenty, that would be incorrect.

That laws in several Muslim countries require women to veil. The very few Catholic women who veil do so because they want to, and there is nothing wrong with that.
 
No, the point is that there are very very very few Catholics who follow those type of commands like veiling. Not plenty, that would be incorrect.
Its still required in the Eastern, Eastern Orthodox, and Oriental Orthodox churches and is still practiced by nuns and any Roman Catholic woman who chooses to do so, so I’d say that its quite a few.
That isn’t the point, though. These people feel the need to veil, and more power to them. Who am I to say? The Church does not officially require veiling, though, and Islam does (and then some). That is really the point.🙂
Again, that depends on who you ask.
 
Its still required in the Eastern, Eastern Orthodox, and Oriental Orthodox churches and is still practiced by nuns and any Roman Catholic woman who chooses to do so, so I’d say that its quite a few.

Again, that depends on who you ask.
I’m not sure about all of them but some of the men in the Eastern Church also wear a head covering. Also a lot of nuns don’t veil if their order doesn’t veil. It is still a pretty small number of Catholic women who veil. Not to mention in Islam the women often veil all the time and wear burkas.

Forget veiling, the bottom line is that women in Islam have less value than men. You can’t say the same for Catholicism.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top