A teen girl shot by Islamic Taliban

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sam_777
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not even the case, at least with me.
The main problem is this:
Radical feminists tend to condemn violence against women and rightly so. But, when it comes to Muslims doing it, they are extremely silent about it. One could suggest that there are few feminists in the Islamic world, let alone the radical ones. But, the abuse can still be condemned by feminists (both radical and non-radical) from outside the Islamic world, cultural differences aside. So, why is it that the radical feminists are silent about this type of abuse? Do they favor a system (radical Islam) where they themselves would be silenced? This could be the case.
I’m not even trying to blame Islam but the radical feminists for being silent about this pressing issue. If they care about the welfare of women worldwide regardless of anything else, then why is it that they’re silent about this issue?
With all due respect, but I call it as I see it.

The attack against Malala Yousafzai and the message she stands represents larger issues in Pakistan – women’s rights, freedom of speech, government corruption, competition with hostile extremists. Your criticism is aimed at radical feminists – but why does it matter at all? Their alleged opinions of Catholicism and Islam are irrelevant to the issues.
 
It’s not even the case, at least with me.
The main problem is this:
Radical feminists tend to condemn violence against women and rightly so. But, when it comes to Muslims doing it, they are extremely silent about it. One could suggest that there are few feminists in the Islamic world, let alone the radical ones. But, the abuse can still be condemned by feminists (both radical and non-radical) from outside the Islamic world, cultural differences aside. So, why is it that the radical feminists are silent about this type of abuse? Do they favor a system (radical Islam) where they themselves would be silenced? This could be the case.
I’m not even trying to blame Islam but the radical feminists for being silent about this pressing issue. If they care about the welfare of women worldwide regardless of anything else, then why is it that they’re silent about this issue?
You do realize this young lady is also a feminist…and was shot for it!

Why don’t you take it a step further and blame this poor “radical feminist” child for only speaking out for a womans right to an education, what about domestic violence what about equal pay…does she not care about these issues as well?

Now, I don’t know what feminist have or have not said regarding this issue. Your conclusion as to why they are silent being they must “favor a system where they themselves would be silenced” is quite hilarious. If you were sincere, you can rest assure that is not likely. Where does a rant like this even come from? You must be getting this from Fox News…am I right? Uggg!
 
With all due respect, but I call it as I see it.

The attack against Malala Yousafzai and the message she stands represents larger issues in Pakistan – women’s rights, freedom of speech, government corruption, competition with hostile extremists. Your criticism is aimed at radical feminists – but why does it matter at all? Their alleged opinions of Catholicism and Islam are irrelevant to the issues.
Yes, the Yousafazai case is indicative of what is happening in Pakistan. I am outraged by it. But, I am also outraged at the lack of condemnation by the radical feminists, those self-appointed representatives of women everywhere.
 
You do realize this young lady is also a feminist…and was shot for it!

Why don’t you take it a step further and blame this poor “radical feminist” child for only speaking out for a womans right to an education, what about domestic violence what about equal pay…does she not care about these issues as well?

Now, I don’t know what feminist have or have not said regarding this issue. Your conclusion as to why they are silent being they must “favor a system where they themselves would be silenced” is quite hilarious. If you were sincere, you can rest assure that is not likely. Where does a rant like this even come from? You must be getting this from Fox News…am I right? Uggg!
Really? She’s a feminist? I thought that she just wanted an education and some rights?
Look, she’s not a radical feminist. She is a girl who was shot down by the Taliban.
I am outraged by the silence done by the radical feminists since they (radical feminists) claim to be the representatives of women everywhere.
Sadly for you, I’m not getting this from Fox News because I live in the Far East and I see no need to watch that stuff just as I have no need to watch CNN or MSNBC.
 
Radical feminism had inherited the most evil aspect of the American Know-Nothing Party - anti-Catholicism. Why? Let’s see. They do not even dare to condemn any wrongdoing done by Muslims but if the Catholic Church said something, they jump on it.
You, are a sane feminist and I salute you. 🙂
How would you feel if someone called you a sane Catholic? This is not the right thread to pick on people who advocate for women’s rights.
In my defense, I had used the words “radical feminism” rather than simply “feminism”.
It’s not even the case, at least with me.
The main problem is this:
Radical feminists tend to condemn violence against women and rightly so. But, when it comes to Muslims doing it, they are extremely silent about it. One could suggest that there are few feminists in the Islamic world, let alone the radical ones. But, the abuse can still be condemned by feminists (both radical and non-radical) from outside the Islamic world, cultural differences aside. So, why is it that the radical feminists are silent about this type of abuse? Do they favor a system (radical Islam) where they themselves would be silenced? This could be the case.
**I’m not even trying to blame Islam but the radical feminists for being silent about this pressing issue. **If they care about the welfare of women worldwide regardless of anything else, then why is it that they’re silent about this issue?
Yes, the Yousafazai case is indicative of what is happening in Pakistan. I am outraged by it. But, I am also outraged at the lack of condemnation by the radical feminists, those self-appointed representatives of women everywhere.
Really? She’s a feminist? I thought that she just wanted an education and some rights?
Look, she’s not a radical feminist. She is a girl who was shot down by the Taliban.
I am outraged by the silence done by the radical feminists since they (radical feminists) claim to be the representatives of women everywhere.
Sadly for you, I’m not getting this from Fox News because I live in the Far East and I see no need to watch that stuff just as I have no need to watch CNN or MSNBC.
So you finally at the end include one line saying that you are outraged at Pakistan. And your problem with feminism is misplaced outrage.:rolleyes:

Not to mention this is about a group of men who attacked a little girl, and you’re outraged at women for not speaking out against this? It was men who did this, yet you still don’t see posters shouting and screaming about men, because that would be ridiculous.

Your upset that you haven’t heard enough women speaking out against this. Have you considered that men should be speaking out against this, since it was men who attacked the girl?
 
How would you feel if someone called you a sane Catholic? This is not the right thread to pick on people who advocate for women’s rights.
I see a strawman. I’m not picking on anyone. The problem is, the radical feminists tend to give feminism a bad name.
So you finally at the end include one line saying that you are outraged at Pakistan. And your problem with feminism is misplaced outrage. :rolleyes:

Not to mention this is about a group of men who attacked a little girl, and you’re outraged at women for not speaking out against this? It was men who did this, yet you still don’t see posters shouting and screaming about men, because that would be ridiculous.

You’re upset that you haven’t heard enough women speaking out against this. Have you considered that men should be speaking out against this, since it was men who attacked the girl?
I’m outraged by how the “representatives of all women” are not voicing anything about this issue. If their claim is true, then why is it that they do not condemn the Pakistani government for a lack of action? It’s not so much an issue of men vs. women, but of selective outrage from the radical feminists. Remember the Sandra Fluke incident? Radical feminists got angry at Rush Limbaugh for calling Sandra Fluke a derogatory term. And yet, if a radical imam speaks lowly of women, the radical feminists are silent.
 
Really? She’s a feminist? I thought that she just wanted an education and some rights?
What is your definition of a feminist, if not a woman who “just wants some rights”? She was a woman who was actively fighting for what she believed to be her right to and education. So technically, yes, you can consider her a feminist, activist.
I do apologize for being quite sarcastic in my initial response to you. I should not have jumped to assumptions as I did. I suppose I’ve become quite jaded by the electorial process in our country at the moment and by the incompassionate comments I’ve come accross on this forum. Although, your comments did strike me as something you would hear coming from one of those “opinionated” news sources. In any case, I do hope you accept my apology.
 
I do apologize for being quite sarcastic in my initial response to you. I should not have jumped to assumptions as I did. I suppose I’ve become quite jaded by the electorial process in our country at the moment and by the incompassionate comments I’ve come accross on this forum. Although, your comments did strike me as something you would hear coming from one of those “opinionated” news sources. In any case, I do hope you accept my apology.
Apology accepted.
 
I see a strawman. I’m not picking on anyone. The problem is, the radical feminists tend to give feminism a bad name.

I’m outra:thumbsup:ged by how the “representatives of all women” are not voicing anything about this issue. If their claim is true, then why is it that they do not condemn the Pakistani government for a lack of action? It’s not so much an issue of men vs. women, but of selective outrage from the radical feminists. Remember the Sandra Fluke incident? Radical feminists got angry at Rush Limbaugh for

calling Sandra Fluke a derogatory term. And yet, if a radical imam speaks lowly of women, the radical feminists are silent.
It would really help your case if you yourself showed some outrage at the violence being done to these girls and women… This story has not gotten the news attention it should have in the u.s. and that’s probably because we have an election coming up. This is violence being done by men to women. Men showing outrage over this is probably more effective than women. In the same way that Muslims speaking out against Islamic terrorists is more effective than Christians.

You’ve written plenty on how outraged you are at feminists yet you haven’t shown outrage at the violence here. Do you understand that you are doing the same thing that you are accusing the radical feminists of doing?
 
It would really help your case if you yourself showed some outrage at the violence being done to these girls and women… This story has not gotten the news attention it should have in the u.s. and that’s probably because we have an election coming up. This is violence being done by men to women. Men showing outrage over this is probably more effective than women. In the same way that Muslims speaking out against Islamic terrorists is more effective than Christians.

You’ve written plenty on how outraged you are at feminists yet you haven’t shown outrage at the violence here. Do you understand that you are doing the same thing that you are accusing the radical feminists of doing?
The whole Yousafazai case is not just deplorable due to the lack of action done by the Pakistani government, it is also atrocious due to how the mainstream imams’ lack of condemnation for it.

I thought that it had not gotten much news attention due to media bias.
 
Just as I’m reading this thread, the news is reporting on it right now…

“the father of Pakistani girl who was shot by the Taliban and was flown to the uk for treatment says, ‘she will rise again’”…bbc world news. The family is rejoicing and making statements with tears in their eyes. Speaking of her right to an education. “when she fell, Pakistan stood”, words spoken by her father.

Yes, there is coverage on this story…still.
 
Just as I’m reading this thread, the news is reporting on it right now…

“the father of Pakistani girl who was shot by the Taliban and was flown to the uk for treatment says, ‘she will rise again’”…bbc world news. The family is rejoicing and making statements with tears in their eyes. Speaking of her right to an education. “when she fell, Pakistan stood”, words spoken by her father.

Yes, there is coverage on this story…still.
That’s incredible that she was able to survive this assault. Her survival should bring even more attention to her message. God is truly with her.
 
Indeed. :yup:
I thank you for accepting my apology…I was wonder if you caught the rest of my reply to you though? Would you like to comment on any of the references I provided or questions I put forth to you. I am very interested in your views on “radical” feminist and who they might be.

I may not have used the quote feature the right way, I have trouble with it sometimes. Please go back and review the last few post in case you missed it. Thanks!
 
I thank you for accepting my apology…I was wonder if you caught the rest of my reply to you though? Would you like to comment on any of the references I provided or questions I put forth to you. I am very interested in your views on “radical” feminist and who they might be.

I may not have used the quote feature the right way, I have trouble with it sometimes. Please go back and review the last few post in case you missed it. Thanks!
The problem with radical feminism is that is perceived as relative, much to the chagrin of the non-radical feminists. The radical feminists are more vocal partly because of mainstream media bias and due to their takeover of the less radical feminist groups. For most people nowadays, the term “feminist” is synonymous with “radical feminism” when in reality, “radical feminism” is the more extremist version of feminism. Another problem is that feminism is a very diverse ideology, much like men’s rights. Hence both feminism and men’s rights cannot be oversimplified.

As for what happened to Malala Yousafazai, it seems to me that the mainstream media is either too focused with the U.S. presidential election or are ignoring the feminist outrage. It could be that some of the groups (such as Code Pink) are too outrageous to be taken seriously.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top