As Casualties Mount, Bush Ignores Reality

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sirach14
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ani Ibi:
You’re dodging what I said. Just because needs assessment will never be perfect does not let people off the hook for going all out to do it the best as they can. You are suggesting that we not bother. If you don’t bother then you will end up with the Canadian military: the best darn forces in the world who are doomed to jimmyrigging the piles of junk they are given to operate, to wear bright green camos in the middle of the desert, to go against the soldier’s code of no-scrounging, and to places one’s injuries at the whims of exhausted and few-and-far-between medics. If you’re going to do a job, then make sure you do it right.
No, he’s not saying people should be let off the hook.

He’s pointing out that there is no such thing as a perfect war – did FDR include in the '42 budget (which was passed in '41) replacement costs for the ships that were going to be sunk at Pearl Harbor?http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon12.gif

We’ve adapted rapidly to changing conditions – much better than in any previous war.

Don’t project Canada’s problems on us. Cast the beam out of your own eye.
 
40.png
gnjsdad:
OK You got me there. I do happen to own an SUV (an old one, though)
Are you the guy in the cowboy hat with the old SUV who constantly never puts on turn signals in my neighborhood?
 
40.png
Thekla:
I don’t work for politicians, they work for me. If you consider yourself to be owned/managed by them, I’m sure they are quite happy with that relationship.
Please don’t play the shell game of words with me Thekla – it doesn’t work. And it’s too obvious a ploy.
 
40.png
Thekla:
I don’t work for politicians, they work for me. If you consider yourself to be owned/managed by them, I’m sure they are quite happy with that relationship.
Please don’t play the shell game of words with me Thekla – it doesn’t work. And it’s too obvious a ploy.

Any adult knows that there is a time, a place and appropriate ways to do things. It’s something we have to use with our families, our place of business, our neighbors and our nation. Immature people explode and rant all over the place,regardless of consequences – that’s one of the signs of it. That’s why 2 year olds stamp their feet, hold their breath, throw crying scenes in public. They are babies.
 
40.png
HagiaSophia:
Please don’t play the shell game of words with me Thekla – it doesn’t work. And it’s too obvious a ploy.

Any adult knows that there is a time, a place and appropriate ways to do things. It’s something we have to use with our families, our place of business, our neighbors and our nation. Immature people explode and rant all over the place,regardless of consequences – that’s one of the signs of it. That’s why 2 year olds stamp their feet, hold their breath, throw crying scenes in public. They are babies.
As I have pointed out to him before, the downside to playing the fool in debates like this is that people will come to think he isn’t playing.http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon12.gif
 
vern humphrey:
What I really like to do is haul a trailer load of cattle in a rainstorm, and give people a little something extra to wipe off their windshields.http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon10.gif
OHHH you’re THAT guy!😃 Out here where I live it’s rocks - we are in a state of constant “new development” and I’ll take what cattle give to the rocks flying around the windshields. Our mail lady told me today she is on her third windshield for her mail truck and her boss is beginning to plague her - I told her to make him get on the road for a week and he’ll pipe down.
 
40.png
HagiaSophia:
OHHH you’re THAT guy!😃 Out here where I live it’s rocks - we are in a state of constant “new development” and I’ll take what cattle give to the rocks flying around the windshields. Our mail lady told me today she is on her third windshield for her mail truck and her boss is beginning to plague her - I told her to make him get on the road for a week and he’ll pipe down.
It sure teaches people not to tailgate.http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

We live on a gravel road – in fact, we live 3 1/2 miles down a county gravel road, 3/4 miles down a common gravel road, and 1/4 mile down our own gravel entrance road.

When the county grades the roads, the problem is sharp flints that turn up and lacerate tires. People in the know hold it below 20mph on these roads.
 
vern humphrey:
No, he’s not saying people should be let off the hook.

He’s pointing out that there is no such thing as a perfect war – did FDR include in the '42 budget (which was passed in '41) replacement costs for the ships that were going to be sunk at Pearl Harbor?http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon12.gif

We’ve adapted rapidly to changing conditions – much better than in any previous war.

Don’t project Canada’s problems on us. Cast the beam out of your own eye.
Thanks Mr. Humphrey.
 
I meant to ask.
40.png
HagiaSophia:
Please don’t play the shell game of words with me Thekla – it doesn’t work. And it’s too obvious a ploy.
I don’t have a problem with it. As a matter of fact, I like it; it’s called…disagreeing From your words, you appear to cede to authority, want agreement whether sincere or not, and give 100% support to those in charge.

I think those are all terrible ideas when you’re talking about the government - which we are. So you liken me to a crying baby and I come back and liken you to an obedient child or the classroom tattletale. You call this debate?
 
Reality is…that we are fighting for our lives - we must protect ourselves from the return of a 9/11. It is centered in many parts of the Middle East, but IT IS IN IRAQ!!!

Sadly, there are many who would hold out their hands and then kill us. I recall a news clip when the Navy was extending aid to the tsunami victims. There was a young Muslim grabbing for things while wearing a t-shirt with Osama’s face on it. Get real! I am all for aiding the needy in every way, but it is our duty to defend ourselves.

Conservatism is closer to God than liberalism. That is reality my fellow Catholics! Get a clue, or at least pray for one.
 
40.png
Thekla:
I don’t have a problem with it. As a matter of fact, I like it; it’s called…disagreeing From your words, you appear to cede to authority, want agreement whether sincere or not, and give 100% support to those in charge.
As I said, quoting Bion, “Boys throw stones at frogs in sport, but the frogs do not die in sport, but in earnest.”

You like it – and that’s your sport. Yet our soldiers die in earnest.
40.png
Thekla:
I think those are all terrible ideas when you’re talking about the government - which we are. So you liken me to a crying baby and I come back and liken you to an obedient child or the classroom tattletale. You call this debate?
It would be a debate if you knew what you were talking about, and were using objective reasoning. As it is, you’re playing with American lives for sport.
 
vern humphrey:
As it is, you’re playing with American lives for sport.
It’s no game and yet the cheerleaders are so committed to their craft. Since you like to assign blame, blame those who deceived this country for war for the blood that is shed; my conscience is clear.
 
40.png
Thekla:
… I believe our government failed to protect the nation on 9/11…
Just reading down through this thread and this line of yours caught my attention.

How exactly could they have done that? And what are you referring to when you say “government”? Do you mean the institutions and agencies of government, or do you mean the elected administration?
 
40.png
TomK:
Whether anyone wants to admit it or not America’s culture has come up against a radical sub-culture that wants to replace us as big dog.

The only question is whether we choose to remain the big dog or not.
Why is being ‘big dog’ important to Americans?
Big Dog isn’t necessarily Nice Dog.
Wanting to be big dog isn’t Christlike. What about the soul of America? We love money, luxury and fancy things and have a standard of living unknown to most of the worlds Catholics.

Our foreign policy may be formed because of us wanting to be wealthier and more powerful. Should we Catholics be a part of this?
I am concerned that, on Judgement Day, many Christians won’t be found generous enough or humble enough or peaceful enough or merciful enough to get into Heaven.
I wonder how many detainees in Guantanamo are considering conversion to Christianity because of the way they are being treated by our Christian President?
I am sure GWB is an ok guy but I think easily misled by the people around him.
maireteresa
 
40.png
Thekla:
It’s no game and yet the cheerleaders are so committed to their craft. Since you like to assign blame, blame those who deceived this country for war for the blood that is shed; my conscience is clear.
It’s a game to you, but not to those who have to die because of your playing.

Everyone else is responsible for your actions but you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top