Biden Projected Winner, Rollbacks on Pro-Life and Religious Liberty Protections Expected

• Thread starter Thread starter JimG
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
JonNC:
That would be a good start.
In other words only do those things that a minority in America want done.
The very definition of rights is that even those of the minority are protected.
The right to arms and healthcare- protected from confiscation.
The right to life - protected from execution prior to birth.
The right to religious free exercise - protected from compromise.

America is not a majoritarian democracy. If Biden wants unity, leave rights alone and we can compromise and come together on policy.

If he wants to unite the country, some things he shouldn’t do:
In order to unite the country he should follow your particular political views? That’s what you propose, in essence.

How ever can a statesman unite a populace under those terms?

Very true. I suppose I should say more accurately “platitudes and kind, concillatory words are meaningless.”

. . . .

I am sure the prospects of being a united country over the next four years are high, unless you count the half the country that feels like the election was potentially taken from them. Does anyone honestly think Trump supporters will ever unite behind Biden after the last four years? I am not saying what they should do, I am speaking to what is pragmatically likely. It is going to be as divided a country as at any point in history.

I’ll support Biden because he is (likely) the President, and I wished people had done the same with Trump. I have no time of day for the people who supported him, save for obligatory prayers that I am required to maintain as a Christian.

Last edited:
If the GOP hold the Senate, total gridlock, everything will have to be done with Executive Orders apparently.

I do think Trump invested a lot in the inner city, if those plans succeed and the investments, breaks and so on remain, let’s remember who initially started this.

Last edited:
If he truly does want to unite America then he needs to guide his supporters in trying to better understand the views of those who opposed him in the election instead of allowing his supporters to label us as haters and deplorables and uncaring people especially the news media. Personally, I feel he will view us the same way as Hilary Clinton does, President Obama does, Kamala Harris does.
I support the sentiment in the first sentence, but I am having trouble understanding why you can label Hilary, Obama and Harris as “haters and deplorables and uncaring people.”

In order to unite the country he should follow your particular political views? That’s what you propose, in essence.
If he wants unity, yes, protect and honor individual rights, then work for his policy priorities within his constitutional powers.
How ever can a statesman unite a populace under those terms?
The basic framework of our constitutional representative republic. Work within the powers granted in the constitutions to advance policy.

I think seeing progressives here push back against the basic understanding of American governance is telling.

40.png
hvizsgyak:
If he truly does want to unite America then he needs to guide his supporters in trying to better understand the views of those who opposed him in the election instead of allowing his supporters to label us as haters and deplorables and uncaring people especially the news media. Personally, I feel he will view us the same way as Hilary Clinton does, President Obama does, Kamala Harris does.
I support the sentiment in the first sentence, but I am having trouble understanding why you can label Hilary, Obama and Harris as “haters and deplorables and uncaring people.”
That’s not what @hvizsgyak said. It is their claim that Trump voters are haters and deplorables.

The description was “ I feel he will view us the same way as Hilary Clinton does, President Obama does, Kamala Harris does.” He is deploring the behavior of HC, O, KH and everybody.

The description was “ I feel he will view us the same way as Hilary Clinton does, President Obama does, Kamala Harris does.” He is deploring the behavior of HC, O, KH and everybody.
Not what was said, but even if it were, deploring what someone has said is completely different than calling them deplorables (noun) and haters.

If he wants unity, yes, protect and honor individual rights, then work for his policy priorities within his constitutional powers.
You miss the point entirely. Look, unity means compromise not surrender to your way of thinking.

Most things we care about in life tend to be binary issues. Compromising on trivial matters is pointless. Ergo, no unity as a nation.

You miss the point entirely. Look, unity means compromise not surrender to your way of thinking.
Rights are outside the realm of compromise. Policy priorities are not. Tell me what policy priorities you have. Tell me what rights you will not compromise.

Last edited:
Most things we care about in life tend to be binary issues. Compromising on trivial matters is pointless. Ergo, no unity as a nation.
Here’s a compromise:
The rights to keep and bear arms and healthcare.
I won’t ask someone to pay for my right to a firearm against their willI through taxes. I won’t ask that others be required to own a firearm.
Don’t ask me to pay for someone else’s healthcare against my will through taxes. Don’t require others to buy health insurance.

In both cases, rights are protected, charity to help others is encouraged, and government power remains limited.

A great compromise.

Joe Biden is a one term President he will not be able to get his policies through like a 2 term president that has a mandate to continue. In 4 years there will be a different president.

Joe Biden is a one term President he will not be able to get his policies through like a 2 term president that has a mandate to continue. In 4 years there will be a different president.
Especially if there is a Republican senate.
Let’s hope

That’s really rich,considering the past four years of tantrums ,civil unrest etc that the petulant Leftist/Dems foisted upon our Nation. 😡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back