Catholic Dating

• Thread starter Thread starter Powe0186
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Jadesfire20:
Hi all,

I think its time to raise this thread back from the dead :cool: …has anyones’ situation improved?

Unfortunately Im still single… even after my Novena to St Joseph

sigh :crying:

Jade
Heheh… me too. But I am happier about it, so I’d say that my situation has definitely improved.

Take heart and trust in our Lord.

I am also someone with the same problem of never finding anyone to date who is serious about their Catholic faith. It is frustrating to no end for me. I have looked in my parish, either they are all married or are too young or way too old.

I have tried Catholic singles sites, but I guess I have to pay in order to get in touch with anyone on them, arghhh! Though they may very well be my only ticket out of bachelorhood and into a faithful Catholic mariage.

I also live in Minnesota, where I must say a large percentage of Catholics here are of the cafeteria variety. And where liberalism and lukwarmness are very prevalent.

But then again they say, pray pray pray, God will do anything in his time. Though He does seem to work very slow for many of us.😉

I’m still dating a very devout Protestant girl. I keep setting up theological conversations, but she keeps avoiding them. 😉

She’s always amazed me–for her humility, for her goodness and the way she just…won’t…fit…into a nicely categorized fundamentalist box. Likewise, she says I break the typical Catholic stereotype–I have an actual relationship with Christ and I can quote scripture. (I told her, "Sweetheart, there’s a whole internet full of Catholics like that). We’ve prayed together a couple of times, but it isn’t always, too. The only problem right now is that I can barely stand the sugary-sweetness of everything. She is definitely NOT the kind of girl I normally date… 😉

40.png
Catholic29:
I am also someone with the same problem of never finding anyone to date who is serious about their Catholic faith. It is frustrating to no end for me. I have looked in my parish, either they are all married or are too young or way too old.

I have tried Catholic singles sites, but I guess I have to pay in order to get in touch with anyone on them, arghhh! Though they may very well be my only ticket out of bachelorhood and into a faithful Catholic mariage.

I also live in Minnesota, where I must say a large percentage of Catholics here are of the cafeteria variety. And where liberalism and lukwarmness are very prevalent.

But then again they say, pray pray pray, God will do anything in his time. Though He does seem to work very slow for many of us.😉
There is a Vatican approved Catholic based Ministry called Singles for Christ (SFC).

CFC Singles for Christ aims to provide a Christian support envirnment for single men and women who are as the crossroads of their state of life, choosing between marriage, a religious vocation, or single blessedness.

SFC IS NOT A DATING SERVICE.
Singles for Christ is a support environment:
  • **teaches the individual the right values to build their future on; **
  • **surrounds the individual with friends who are well-meaning and have a positive influence; **
  • **provides the individual with opportunities to meet potential partners in life who believe in the same Christian goals and values; **
  • **invols the individual in service that prepares them for the responsibility of marriage and family life; and, **
  • **helps those with a vocation for the priesthood or religious life to discern their calling. **
You will meet “TRUE CATHOLIC MEN AND WOMEN” of God.

SFC is now established in many key cities and states of other countries around the world.

If you would like to know more, please let me know.

God Bless,
Davis Gray
SFC Area Coordinator, North Central USA
davishgray@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back