Dems Say It's Time for GOP to Unite, End Shutdown

  • Thread starter Thread starter bellasbane
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
i share the same ideologies as People Francis does.
But the key is whether you share his heart as well.

Pope Francis locates ideologies in the head - in the intellect. By themselves, they won’t lead you to the truth of the Gospel, but promote false Gospels. To get the Gospel right, you need heart. A heart like that of Jesus - that is filled with mercy and compassion.

That’s why ideologues on both the right and the left can’t understand one another, because they don’t have any heart.
 
I am reminded of Obama’s revealing comment when speaking to the elites in San Francisco on how conservatives “cling to their guns and religion.” And of course the endless comments from liberal posters here on CAF ridiculing conservatives as getting all their info from Fox or Rush Limbaugh. “quit listening to Fox news and right-wing talk radio” is a common refrain. No, it is more the left which has the tendency to call those with whom they disagree stupid or evil. They just can’t comprehend that thoughtful people would actually hold views different from their own liberal views.

Ishii
It is easy to point fingers and hard to take criticism.

Yes, it’s unfair to classify people as either “stupid” or “evil”, but it is also unfair to use hyperbole like “endless comments from liberal posters here on CAF ridiculing conservatives”, when anyone who has posted on this forum for any amount of time knows it is simply not true.

Why do you make up stuff like that?
 
I am reminded of Obama’s revealing comment when speaking to the elites in San Francisco on how conservatives “cling to their guns and religion.” And of course the endless comments from liberal posters here on CAF ridiculing conservatives as getting all their info from Fox or Rush Limbaugh. “quit listening to Fox news and right-wing talk radio” is a common refrain. No, it is more the left which has the tendency to call those with whom they disagree stupid or evil. They just can’t comprehend that thoughtful people would actually hold views different from their own liberal views.

Ishii
It is easy to point fingers and hard to take criticism.

Yes, it’s unfair to classify people as either “stupid” or “evil”, but it is also unfair to use hyperbole like “endless comments from liberal posters here on CAF ridiculing conservatives”, when anyone who has posted on this forum for any amount of time knows it is simply not true.

Why do you make up stuff like that?
How so? I’ve seen a lot of posts and even been accused personally of getting all my news/views from FoxNews and talk radio. 🤷
 
It is easy to point fingers and hard to take criticism.

Yes, it’s unfair to classify people as either “stupid” or “evil”, but it is also unfair to use hyperbole like “endless comments from liberal posters here on CAF ridiculing conservatives”, when anyone who has posted on this forum for any amount of time knows it is simply not true.

Why do you make up stuff like that?
No need to make it up We read your posts
 
No need to make it up We read your posts
Now there’s the pot calling the kettle black! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

estesbob - Posts: 35,273
bellasbane - Posts: 2,645 + 1

Maybe when I get around to making up that 32,000+ post difference, you can complain about “endless comments from liberal posters here on CAF ridiculing conservatives” :rolleyes:
 
Now there’s the pot calling the kettle black! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

estesbob - Posts: 35,273
bellasbane - Posts: 2,645 + 1

Maybe when I get around to making up that 32,000+ post difference, you can complain about “endless comments from liberal posters here on CAF ridiculing conservatives” :rolleyes:
What does post count have to do with his comments? :confused:
 
Now there’s the pot calling the kettle black! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

estesbob - Posts: 35,273
bellasbane - Posts: 2,645 + 1

Maybe when I get around to making up that 32,000+ post difference, you can complain about “endless comments from liberal posters here on CAF ridiculing conservatives” :rolleyes:
Yes I can as I have been rading them them for 8 years
 
But the key is whether you share his heart as well.

Pope Francis locates ideologies in the head - in the intellect. By themselves, they won’t lead you to the truth of the Gospel, but promote false Gospels. To get the Gospel right, you need heart. A heart like that of Jesus - that is filled with mercy and compassion.

That’s why ideologues on both the right and the left can’t understand one another, because they don’t have any heart.
Are you telling us that you are beyond ideology yourself? Or is it the pot calling the kettle black?
It is easy to point fingers and hard to take criticism.

Yes, it’s unfair to classify people as either “stupid” or “evil”, but it is also unfair to use hyperbole like “endless comments from liberal posters here on CAF ridiculing conservatives”, when anyone who has posted on this forum for any amount of time knows it is simply not true.

Why do you make up stuff like that?
When I make comments like that, its based on 7 years of posting on CAF, and reading responses from liberals.

Ishii
 
BBC, CNN, and Wall Street Journal. You?
PBS, BBC (we share that one), MSNBC, CAF and most recently - Twitter!

I follow about 40 people/organizations on Twitter (some liberal, some conservative, and some Catholic) and ever since I discovered the Twitter extension for Chrome, I’ve been relying on it more and more.

My Catholic “Tweeters” are Cardinal Seán, the Archdiocese of Boston, The Pilot, The Evangelist, Cardinal Dolan, the USCCB, Vaticano News, Father Barron, Sister Simone Campbell, EJ Dionne, National Catholic Reporter and of course Pope Francis!

Often they will include links to stories from news outlets all over the place.
 
PBS, BBC (we share that one), MSNBC, CAF and most recently - Twitter!

I follow about 40 people/organizations on Twitter (some liberal, some conservative, and some Catholic) and ever since I discovered the Twitter extension for Chrome, I’ve been relying on it more and more.

My Catholic “Tweeters” are Cardinal Seán, the Archdiocese of Boston, The Pilot, The Evangelist, Cardinal Dolan, the USCCB, Vaticano News, Father Barron, Sister Simone Campbell, EJ Dionne, National Catholic Reporter and of course Pope Francis!

Often they will include links to stories from news outlets all over the place.
Wow. I don’t have that kind of time…
 
Sister Simone Campbel.
I think CS Lewis could have been talking about Sister Simone Campbel when he wrote this: (I have substituted “govt. provided healthcare” for “pacifism”)

“Whichever he adopts, your main task will be the same. Let him begin by treating govt. provided Healthcare as a part of his religion. The let him, under the influence of partisan spirit, come to regard it as the most important part. Then quietly and gradually nurse him onto the stage at which the religion becomes merely a part of the ‘cause’, in which Christianity is valued chiefly because of the excellent arguments it can produce in favour of the govt. provided Healthcare. The attitude which you want to guard against is that in which temporal affairs are treated primarily as material for obedience. Once you have made the World an end, and faith a means, you have almost won your man, and it makes very little difference what kind of worldly end he is pursuing. Provided that meetings, pamphlets, policies, movements, causes, and crusades, matter more to him than prayers and sacraments and charity, he is ours — and the more ‘religious’ (on those terms) the more securely ours. I could show you a pretty cageful down here

Ishii
 
Are you telling us that you are beyond ideology yourself? Or is it the pot calling the kettle black?

When I make comments like that, its based on 7 years of posting on CAF, and reading responses from liberals.

Ishii
Add to that,I have noticed that,while most of our more liberal leaning brothers and sisters are respectful and make an effort to be congenial,there are two frequent posters on the left whose posts’ always have a real condescending,argumentative edge to them.
Reading the back and forth on this thread and another similar thread,so much of the responses by these two have devolved into very childish,petty remarks.
Speaking for myself,I am Catholic first and whatever political party I endorse,is due to that party being the most closely aligned to my Catholic faith.On the other hand,with those of a very liberal leaning,I suspect their political ideology trumps their Catholic faith to the extent that they are always trying to conform their faith to their political beliefs instead of the other way around.🤷
 
Are you telling us that you are beyond ideology yourself?
Of course not - ideology is important, but it will lead you to a false Gospel if it is not accompanied by mercy and compassion.
Or is it the pot calling the kettle black?
It’s neither. I am not denying what you say about ideologues on the left. So it’s not the pot calling the kettle black. What I’m doing is calling both black.

For example, there are plenty of political conservatives who simply can’t comprehend that thoughtful, faith-filled, Catholics would actually hold views different from their own politically conservative views.

See - it works both ways.
When I make comments like that, its based on 7 years of posting on CAF, and reading responses from liberals.

Ishii
Perhaps you have gained a false impression, because you have never been the target of an attack by conservatives. I have and believe me, the things some conservatives say would put the Pharisees to shame. Lots of ideology, but little heart.

Pope Francis really put his finger on it!
 
Of course not - ideology is important, but it will lead you to a false Gospel if it is not accompanied by mercy and compassion.

It’s neither. I am not denying what you say about ideologues on the left. So it’s not the pot calling the kettle black. What I’m doing is calling both black.

For example, there are plenty of political conservatives who simply can’t comprehend that thoughtful, faith-filled, Catholics would actually hold views different from their own politically conservative views.

See - it works both ways.

Perhaps you have gained a false impression, because you have never been the target of an attack by conservatives. I have and believe me, the things some conservatives say would put the Pharisees to shame. Lots of ideology, but little heart.

Pope Francis really put his finger on it!
Ideology is fine as long as it doesn’t replace ones faith in God. That is the problem with so many on the left - their faith is in government. And as for many leftist Christians/catholics - if I take their actions and statements at face value, I would have to conclude that they also have replaced their faith in God with a faith in government. It is the heresy of utopianism with a little Gnosticism mixed in.

Ishii
 
Wow. I don’t have that kind of time…
At the risk of sounding like a commercial - that’s the beauty of the Twitter extension for Chrome. It takes no time at all. A little badge pops up when new Tweets arrive and all you have to do is click on it and scan through them. Then if something good catches your eye, you click on the link.

For example the USCCB just tweeted this:

USCCB @USCCB
RT @news_va_en: Pope Francis: Women called to service, not servitude §RV
t.co/Bp38zaumDV

Since I’m interested in anything that has to do with the role of women in the church, I will definitely check this one out!

End of commercial. 😃
 
At the risk of sounding like a commercial - that’s the beauty of the Twitter extension for Chrome. It takes no time at all. A little badge pops up when new Tweets arrive and all you have to do is click on it and scan through them. Then if something good catches your eye, you click on the link.

For example the USCCB just tweeted this:

USCCB @USCCB
RT @news_va_en: Pope Francis: Women called to service, not servitude §RV
t.co/Bp38zaumDV

Since I’m interested in anything that has to do with the role of women in the church, I will definitely check this one out!

End of commercial. 😃
Hahaha…I have so far avoided joining the Twitter nation, but I don’t know how long I can resist. “Resistance is futile.” 😛
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top