Dems Say It's Time for GOP to Unite, End Shutdown

  • Thread starter Thread starter bellasbane
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean is my state one of the 36 states that didn’t set up its own exchange? If that’s what you’re asking, the answer is “yes”.

Now, are you going to tell me this is “Obama’s revenge” or something; that the government set up a special rickety system to punish those states whose legislatures didn’t think Obamacare a good deal?

Are you really saying that?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they wanted to do some dirty trick like that. It would be consistent with their other actions like the dirty trick played on the Catholic Church with the HHS mandate. But frankly, I don’t think they are that talented, however much they might have the desire.
You seem to be having quite a conversation with yourself. There is no need for me to interrupt. Carry on.
 
Sorry, Ishii. But I remember your answer to poor people not having health care was charity. I walked away from that argument, but it seems it has come up again. Do you really think that is the best answer? is that the best we can do in this country?
I remember 99th monkey. It was part of my answer but not the whole answer. If you go back it was a number of solutions involving charity and government based on the principle of subsidiarity. I believe in a safety net: not a libertarian.

Ishii
 
I remember 99th monkey. It was part of my answer but not the whole answer. If you go back it was a number of solutions involving charity and government based on the principle of subsidiarity. I believe in a safety net: not a libertarian.

Ishii
Thanks for the clarification. You lost me after suggesting charity for those who have no insurance. When I get a chance I will reread your post.
 
Might as well get it off your chest and say it. I don’t think anybody but the moderators would care, and even they wouldn’t if it isn’t truly vicious or obscene.
Are you trying to tempt me Ridge? Sorry, it’s not going to work. I said a prayer to the Holy Spirit to help me keep my posts charitable. 👍
You can still vote for Huntsman in 2016, and I encourage you to do so.

Of course, lots of conservative people did vote for Romney, and necessarily would have voted for those “hostage takers” in congress you hate so much if they were really conservatives. Those who did show up and voted for them obviously didn’t “refuse to participate” in the election.

And those who stayed home didn’t vote for the “hostage takers” or anybody else, so you really can’t blame them either.
My bad. I forgot that the entire House is re-elected every two years.

Still, given the prevalence of “Obama Derangement Syndrome” among social conservatives, one would think that they would turn out to vote just to make sure he wasn’t re-elected. Makes no sense to me. :confused:
 
I can only shake my head in disbelief. A no brainer, given Palin’s embarrassingly limited abilities and knowledge of the world? Wow.

Well, that’s what you get from a committed no-matter-what GOP vote. Painful.
I wouldn’t expect you to understand. What knowledge of the world has Obama demonstrated? Painful has been Obama’s handling of domestic and foreign policy the past 5 years. Atleast Palin can speak without a teleprompter. There was NO legitimate reason for a Catholic to vote for Obama in 2008 or 2012.

Ishii
 
House formulates budget based on info from the committee and passes it – Senate can either pass their own budget, or vote on House budget and accept it. This year the House and Senate passed different budgets. (This is supposed to be done BY March)
Of which year? 🙂 Last I heard budgets are done on a 10-yr basis now.
 
I wouldn’t expect you to understand. What knowledge of the world has Obama demonstrated? Painful has been Obama’s handling of domestic and foreign policy the past 5 years. Atleast Palin can speak without a teleprompter. There was NO legitimate reason for a Catholic to vote for Obama in 2008 or 2012.

Ishii
Does writing notes on her hand count?
 
Does writing notes on her hand count?
Not the same as a teleprompter. I will be the first to agree that she was not ready for the campaign. I do believe her basic beliefs and instincts are in the right place. I think anyone expressing dread about Palin being a heartbeat away and then turning around and supporting Obama and Biden is a bit confused.

Ishii
 
Not the same as a teleprompter. I will be the first to agree that she was not ready for the campaign. I do believe her basic beliefs and instincts are in the right place. I think anyone expressing dread about Palin being a heartbeat away and then turning around and supporting Obama and Biden is a bit confused.

Ishii
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, however, most Americans don’t agree with you.
 
Budgets, debt ceiling, Obamacare, defunding of Park Rangers, taxes, everything seems to be on the table.
Can’t wait until I hear what this crisis is about tomorrow. I guess we will have to hear from the pollsters first.
 
Can’t wait until I hear what this crisis is about tomorrow. I guess we will have to hear from the pollsters first.
Perhaps I’m oversimplifying things a bit, but it seems like they listen to or watch the stock market more than pollsters IMO.
 
Perhaps I’m oversimplifying things a bit, but it seems like they listen to or watch the stock market more than pollsters IMO.
You are right about that. If one doesn’t like it, they can notify Wall Street or the Koch brothers. They seem to have the real pull in this fiasco.
 
Don’t you realize they’re never going to ban abortion? As long as the right wing can use it to raise money and get their candidates elected, why would they bother to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs?
As opposed to the Dems who are soooo in the tank for a woman’s right to have her BABY ripped from her womb,because their goose laying the golden eggs is PP who lines their political pockets insuring their candidates elections.
 
As opposed to the Dems who are soooo in the tank for a woman’s right to have her BABY ripped from her womb,because their goose laying the golden eggs is PP who lines their political pockets insuring their candidates elections.
didn’t you guys defund PP a long time ago? Are they still around?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top