J
JRKH
Guest
I donno.Iām not sure what translation I put up there. But your point?
![]()
I guess I donāt like gender neutral translations.
James
I donno.Iām not sure what translation I put up there. But your point?
![]()
Ohh⦠How funny, I didnāt even catch that. I just did a google and that one came up, I see now that it was the King James Bible.I donno.
I guess I donāt like gender neutral translations.
James
Okay, So do you now see that Catholics do not believe Mary is divine? Or do you still think we worship Mary and think we believe she did not need a savior?Lets focus on one question. How about that. Iāve asked now let me answer yours.Go ahead and ask. Well rename the thread āAsk a non-catholicā![]()
Actually he said she was not ādevineā. I disagree with that-she is very devine. its divine she is not.Okay, So do you now see that Catholics do not believe Mary is divine? Or do you still think we worship Mary and think we believe she did not need a savior?
God Bless,
Maria
stion
Actually he said she was not ādevineā. I disagree with that-she is very devine. its divine she is not.
And by your post I am presuming that you are not catholic and your are hoping to make this your mission field. Yes?Hello Iām Alexander (edited personal information) and Iām 21 years old. Iām new to Forums and I would like to talk and share Christ Jesus with anyone that would like to hear His Word. Iām a āChristianā a believer in Christ, faccording to Godās word. Iām not hear to argure but state facts. I not here to say what is "right and what is āwrongā. Iām here to pray for the catholics in hope that they will see the Christ as He is.![]()
We could go on like that all day, lets not.:hug1:Ooooo! are you challenging me to a quote war?I bet we could go on like this all day
He was signed on as of 7:54 this morning, so let us hope that even if he isnāt responding he is reading and learning.Eh, heās gone. He couldnāt handle the truth.![]()
Then refute it with facts and let the Holy Spirit use the truth to draw people to Jesus.You guys are wasting your time. The OP, JaG, is just another Hit 'n Run poster. He isnāt going to answer your questions because he doesnāt have any answers of his own, just a bunch of cutān Paste slander and misinformation.
Very true! One can hope.He was signed on as of 7:54 this morning, so let us hope that even if he isnāt responding he is reading and learning.
Yes.He was signed on as of 7:54 this morning, so let us hope that even if he isnāt responding he is reading and learning.
AmenFather,
Send Your Holy Spirit to teach and guide JehuandGod to a true understanding of your message, your truth and your church. Lead him in your ways. Draw him away from the dangerous and inscrupulous distortions and obstacles others have placed in his path. Give him a pure and searching heart for evil cannot defeat a heart that is pure in seeking you.
We ask this in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ who lives with you in unity of the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever.
Amen
I see that you copied and pasted the above from an anti-Catholic web page. I think others who have answered your questions and have asked questions of you would prefer to hear YOUR responses, not a rehash of all of the old second hand āstuffā that has already been refuted time and time again on this forum. I sincerely hope that you read the responses thoroughly, and answer YOURSELF and not just grab at whatever misinformation you can find and throw it out here.I will stay here⦠so that your souls ay be saved.
Catholics believe that Mary is sacred and holy. They have statues of Mary in their churches, even though this is against Godās commandment. Exodus 20:4-5 āThou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve themā¦ā They pray to Mary. Nowhere in the Bible does it tell us to pray to Mary, or any other person, but it tells us only to pray to God the Father. Matthew 6:6 āBut thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.ā They pray to Mary because they believe that she intercedes for us. This is not supported by any Scripture, but Scripture states that Jesus intercedes for us. Hebrews 7:25 āTherefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.ā Romans 8:34 āWho is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.ā
Without a doubt Mary was a blessed woman, but she was not perfect. Catholics believe that Mary never sinned. Again, this is not supported by any Scripture. Romans 3:23 āfor all have sinned and fall short of the glory of Godā¦ā There is only one person that never sinned, and that person is Jesus. Hebrews 4:15 āFor we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet was without sin.ā 1 John 3:5 āAnd ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.ā 1 Peter 2:22 āāHe committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth.āā
They believe that Mary was always a virgin, and had no children other than Jesus. Matthew 13:55-56 āIs not this the carpenterās son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?ā Mark 3:31 āThere came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.ā Matthew 12:46 āWhile he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.ā Catholics argue that when the Bible refers to brothers of Jesus, that these are spiritual brothers and not blood relatives. The following verses make a clear distinction between spiritual and blood brothers: Luke 8:19-21 āNow Jesusā mother and brothers came to see him, but they were not able to get near him because of the crowd. Someone told him, āYour mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to see you.ā He replied, āMy mother and brothers are those who hear Godās word and put it into practice.āā Jesusā spiritual brothers are the ones who hear Godās word and put it into practice. Catholics also believe that Jesus used the word ābrethenā or ābrothersā when referring to His disciples. This is true in some cases, but in the following verses there is a definite distinction between Jesusā brothes and His disciples. John 2:12 āAfter this he went down to Capernaum, he, and his mother, and his brethren, and his disciples: and they continued there not many days.ā John 7:3 āHis brethren therefore said unto him, Depart hence, and go into Judaea, that thy disciples also may see the works that thou doest.ā
(Link to source)