Do Catholics know the real Jesus?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JehuandGod
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I donno. 🤷
I guess I don’t like gender neutral translations.

James
Ohh… How funny, I didn’t even catch that. I just did a google and that one came up, I see now that it was the King James Bible.

ā€œBlessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.ā€

there, the NASB šŸ˜‰
 
Lets focus on one question. How about that. I’ve asked now let me answer yours.Go ahead and ask. Well rename the thread ā€œAsk a non-catholicā€ 😃
Okay, So do you now see that Catholics do not believe Mary is divine? Or do you still think we worship Mary and think we believe she did not need a savior?

God Bless,
Maria

BTW, I am a Latin Rite ā€œcradleā€ Catholic. My parents left the Church when I was 4. No church anywhere until a teenager, but truly, was not walking in grace. By the Grace of God, I had a born again experience in a Nazarene Church. I then learned about the wonderous works of the Holy spirit in an Assembly of God Church. It was while in an Evangelical Church that I was led home to the Catholic Church and the Real Presence of Christ, to answer your one question:)
 
Okay, So do you now see that Catholics do not believe Mary is divine? Or do you still think we worship Mary and think we believe she did not need a savior?

God Bless,
Maria

stion
Actually he said she was not ā€œdevineā€. I disagree with that-she is very devine. its divine she is not.
 
Hello I’m Alexander (edited personal information) and I’m 21 years old. I’m new to Forums and I would like to talk and share Christ Jesus with anyone that would like to hear His Word. I’m a ā€œChristianā€ a believer in Christ, faccording to God’s word. I’m not hear to argure but state facts. I not here to say what is "right and what is ā€œwrongā€. I’m here to pray for the catholics in hope that they will see the Christ as He is.šŸ™‚
And by your post I am presuming that you are not catholic and your are hoping to make this your mission field. Yes?
As a catholic of ancient days, I have known Jesus all my life. As a Catholic, I receive Jesus weekly and sometimes more in the Blessed Eucharist. As a Catholic I believe in the Church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter.
As a Catholic I know my Jesus to be my Lord and my saviour. As a Catholic I believe in the sacramental life of the Church. As a catholic I believe in the authority of the Holy Father, when he speaks ex Cathedra, as a catholic I believe in the protection of the Magisterium (the teaching of the Chruch on faith and morals) by the Holy Spirit. As a Catholic I believe that the Blessed Virgin Mary is the Mother of God, was Assumed into heaven, and her other Dogmas, as a Catholic I believe inb the Papacy.
Now as a non catholic perhaps you could tell us what you believe in.
Grace Angel.
 
You guys are wasting your time. The OP, JaG, is just another Hit 'n Run poster. He isn’t going to answer your questions because he doesn’t have any answers of his own, just a bunch of cut’n Paste slander and misinformation.
Then refute it with facts and let the Holy Spirit use the truth to draw people to Jesus.

JaG, wants us to ask him questions, but why would I when I spent over 30 years as a n-C, and I already know most everything that they teach, and why and don’t have anything much to ask. Besides, and new questions mean I’d have to open a thread for him and I’m not gonna do that.

I really kinda think he’s just looking for a pulpit from which to preach and I don’t know about anyone else, but I don’t really need that.🤷
 
He was signed on as of 7:54 this morning, so let us hope that even if he isn’t responding he is reading and learning.
Yes.
Perhaps the sheer weight of counter-argument from so many different people caused him to step back and look at his own sources and misconceptions.
Careful study will undoubtedly cause his anti-catholic ā€œhouse of cardsā€ to collapse.

Let us pray for his discernment

Father,
Send Your Holy Spirit to teach and guide JehuandGod to a true understanding of your message, your truth and your church. Lead him in your ways. Draw him away from the dangerous and inscrupulous distortions and obstacles others have placed in his path. Give him a pure and searching heart for evil cannot defeat a heart that is pure in seeking you.
We ask this in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ who lives with you in unity of the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever.
Amen
 
Father,
Send Your Holy Spirit to teach and guide JehuandGod to a true understanding of your message, your truth and your church. Lead him in your ways. Draw him away from the dangerous and inscrupulous distortions and obstacles others have placed in his path. Give him a pure and searching heart for evil cannot defeat a heart that is pure in seeking you.
We ask this in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ who lives with you in unity of the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever.
Amen
Amen
 
<<I’m not hear to argure but state facts. I not here to say what is "right and what is ā€œwrongā€>>

You’re not being very consistent. If you are ā€œstating facts,ā€ you are by that very act saying ā€œwhat is right and what is ā€˜wrongā€™ā€, at least according to YOUR view.

Make up your mind. Are you here to state facts, or state what is right and wrong? You can’t set them up as opposites.
 
To answer the OP original question ā€œDo Catholics know the real Jesusā€ Yes we do. We try each day to more Christ like. In other words we try to change ā€œusā€ to grow closer to Christ. The question you need to answer. Is do you know the real Jesus? Or do you know the Jesus you are trying to change to your own image/view?
 
I will stay here… so that your souls ay be saved.😃

Catholics believe that Mary is sacred and holy. They have statues of Mary in their churches, even though this is against God’s commandment. Exodus 20:4-5 ā€œThou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve themā€¦ā€ They pray to Mary. Nowhere in the Bible does it tell us to pray to Mary, or any other person, but it tells us only to pray to God the Father. Matthew 6:6 ā€œBut thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.ā€ They pray to Mary because they believe that she intercedes for us. This is not supported by any Scripture, but Scripture states that Jesus intercedes for us. Hebrews 7:25 ā€œTherefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.ā€ Romans 8:34 ā€œWho is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.ā€

Without a doubt Mary was a blessed woman, but she was not perfect. Catholics believe that Mary never sinned. Again, this is not supported by any Scripture. Romans 3:23 ā€œfor all have sinned and fall short of the glory of Godā€¦ā€ There is only one person that never sinned, and that person is Jesus. Hebrews 4:15 ā€œFor we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet was without sin.ā€ 1 John 3:5 ā€œAnd ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.ā€ 1 Peter 2:22 ā€œā€˜He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth.ā€™ā€

They believe that Mary was always a virgin, and had no children other than Jesus. Matthew 13:55-56 ā€œIs not this the carpenter’s son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?ā€ Mark 3:31 ā€œThere came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.ā€ Matthew 12:46 ā€œWhile he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.ā€ Catholics argue that when the Bible refers to brothers of Jesus, that these are spiritual brothers and not blood relatives. The following verses make a clear distinction between spiritual and blood brothers: Luke 8:19-21 ā€œNow Jesus’ mother and brothers came to see him, but they were not able to get near him because of the crowd. Someone told him, ā€˜Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to see you.’ He replied, ā€˜My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.ā€™ā€ Jesus’ spiritual brothers are the ones who hear God’s word and put it into practice. Catholics also believe that Jesus used the word ā€œbrethenā€ or ā€œbrothersā€ when referring to His disciples. This is true in some cases, but in the following verses there is a definite distinction between Jesus’ brothes and His disciples. John 2:12 ā€œAfter this he went down to Capernaum, he, and his mother, and his brethren, and his disciples: and they continued there not many days.ā€ John 7:3 ā€œHis brethren therefore said unto him, Depart hence, and go into Judaea, that thy disciples also may see the works that thou doest.ā€

(Link to source)
I see that you copied and pasted the above from an anti-Catholic web page. I think others who have answered your questions and have asked questions of you would prefer to hear YOUR responses, not a rehash of all of the old second hand ā€œstuffā€ that has already been refuted time and time again on this forum. I sincerely hope that you read the responses thoroughly, and answer YOURSELF and not just grab at whatever misinformation you can find and throw it out here.

Welcome to the forum and God bless!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top