EBay's Doing It Again (4-18-05)

• Thread starter Thread starter rastell
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am extremely mad at eBay for allowing this :mad: and I shall email them and also the seller and bidders and ask their intensions

I received an e-mail that per SpiritDaiily, the seller has withdrawn it and handed it over to the Diocese of Sioux City Iowa.
But my questions are these. If the mother was a “devout Catholic” what was she doing holding on to it since 1996? Also I have never, ever heard of a priest nor the Pope for that matter “bless” a “holy communion” and then handing them out as souvenirs. To me this sound like some ploy by some anti-catholic at extortion attempts. Now, another thing, simply because they say that they do not believe there is any harm because they are not catholic is besides the point. Our Lord will NOT be mocked, whether or not a person believes it the true presence whether by a Catholic or non-Catholic. Also it makes no difference whether or not its a consecrated host; it is still mockery and they will eventually answer to Our Lord. He will not accept an “aww, Jesus, it was just a joke. Besides… I didn’t know”. Also I thought that e-bay had rules that whaterever is sold had to be authentic. Nobody can place a consecrated host next to an altar bread and proof which is consecrated and which is not.
May God have mercy on them.

BTW— I have never used e-bay and, for sure, now have no intention of ever using it…

40.png
TobyLue:
BTW— I have never used e-bay and, for sure, now have no intention of ever using it…
This is a different “seller”:mad: I am livid:banghead:

40.png
TobyLue:
I received an e-mail that per SpiritDaiily, the seller has withdrawn it and handed it over to the Diocese of Sioux City Iowa.
This must be a different auction. It’s still up, and the seller is in Great Britain, not Iowa.

May God have mercy on his soul.

Re: my previous post that it had been withdrawn by e-bay.

Wait…
I heard of the one in Sioux City Iowa, but this latest one at $9600 is in England so it’s another one…

John Paul the Great… Pray for them…
Mary pray for those that mock your son.
Jesus have mercy on them…

Please e-mail Spirit Daily too!

springbreeze http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/statusicon_cad/user_online.gif vbmenu_register(“postmenu_576148”, true);

http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon1.gif Re: Completely Inappropriate
Dear friends

Email Spirit Daily as well, see if there is anything these guys can do

spiritdaily@cfl.rr.com

God Bless
Teresa

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa.

Behold the Sign of Salvation. Put on our Lord Jesus Christ.

O.k I have emailed the seller and I am awaiting a response:
Hi, I understand that you are trying to sell a Holy Communion wafer, you may not be aware but Catholics view a consecrated Communion wafer as the real Body of Christ, to us Christ is truly present in the Communion and should not be sold. We believe that the Communion should be consumed immediatly and should not be taken away as we view that as theft from God, The Eucharist must never be sold for money and I beg you to withdraw the auction and take the Host (Communion wafer) to your nearest Catholic Church and give it to the Priest. Thank you and God Bless.
And this is the email I sent to the two bidders:
Hi, I see that you are bidding on a Communion wafer, I do not know if you are aware of this, but Catholics view a consecrated Communion wafer as a Host which we believe is truly the Body & Blood, Soul & Divinity of Jesus Christ present in that Communion wafer and should have been consumed at the Mass by a faithful Catholic and should never have been taken home as we view this as theft from God. I do not know what your intensions are regarding the Holy Communion wafer, but please be aware that this auction will upset many Catholics around the world and I beg that you reconsider bidding for the Holy Communion. Thank you and God Bless.

Dear friends

Whatever happens, don’t anyone bid for the Host, this is what the seller is hoping for, for Catholics to feel blackmailed and compelled into buying the Host.

I have emailed Cardinal Cormac Murphy O’Connor, the UK’s Primate.

Here is an email address that should reach him hopefully:

enquiries@rcdow.org.uk

here is what I sent:

Dear Cardinal Cormac Murphy O’Connor

I am a Catholic woman living in the Uk. In this past week it has come to my attention that a Eucharist has been on sale at Ebay from a seller in the United States. I have let you know of this and it has made national news in the USA. After the Diocese took appropriate action, the Host was returned to the Church and disposed of according to Church Law and no sale nor exchange of monies took place. Now I am outraged to learn that a further Eucharist is on sale by a UK seller.

I implore you to negotiate with Ebay to prohibit the sale of sacred items inclusive of the Eucharist on their online auction site. Please click on the link above which is taken from Ebay and is the sale as outlined by the UK seller. I cannot give credance nor verification of the truth sof this, but it is opening the floodgates for attempted theft of the Eucharist from our Eucharistic Celebration of Holy Mass and Ebay is providing the means and ability to seel such an alledged item as a Eucharistic Host.

I entrust this to you, in obedience

In Christ
Teresa **************.

Friends, please email him to intercede and stop the sale of this Eucharist and to negotiate with Ebay. Thank you

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Springbreeze is right nobody should bid on the Eucharist it will encourage theft and more ransoms.

So this is what 30 pieces of silver is worth in today’s dollars? 😦

I agree that this is disgusting and also so, so sad.

Kay Walker:
So this is what 30 pieces of silver is worth in today’s dollars? 😦

I agree that this is disgusting and also so, so sad.
APPARENTLY $9,656.00:mad:

I have emailed the Bishop of Portsmouth who’s Diocese covers the sellers address:
Your Grace,

I would like to bring to your attention that a person in your Diocese is attempting to sell a Host that has been Consecrated by His Holiness the late John Paul II, please click on the link below:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1447&item=6171703649&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

This is not the first time a Consecrated Host has been sold on eBay, there have been two recently and luckily one of the sellers were persuaded to remove the Blessed Sacrament from sale but unfortunately we do not know whether the Host was taken to a Priest as we had asked.

The second auction was saved by a Knight of St. Columbus who said that he could not bare to see the Eucharist fall in to dark hands and was intending on returning the Holy Sacrament to his Church, but we have heard that the seller has had a change of heart and has returned the Host to the Catholic Bishop of Iowa in the U.S.A.

I have emailed the seller of the latest auction and also the bidders and I have explained the Real Presence to them and I have begged the seller to return Jesus to his local Catholic Church and hand the Host to a Priest.

We are trying to get eBay to change it’s policy for allowing the Eucharist to be sold on their auction sites but they are not interested in our beliefs and say that there is no law in selling the Eucharist and shall not prohibit the sale.

There is an online petition that has had over 8,000 names objecting to eBay for allowing the sale of the Blessed Sacrament.

petitiononline.com/bbsdofj/petition.html

I thought that this incident should be brought to your intention.

Thank you and God Bless

Ben (Diocese of Wrexham)
I have also sent a similar email to His Eminence Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O’Connor

This is item belonged to my late mother who was a devout Roman Catholic.
How can a devout Catholic brought an eucharist out of the mass? I’d like to polygraph this guy

“In God we trust. In others we polygraph” polygrapher’s motto

40.png
abcdefg:
How can a devout Catholic brought an eucharist out of the mass? I’d like to polygraph this guy

“In God we trust. In others we polygraph” polygrapher’s motto
I agree:mad: No devout Catholic would steal the Eucharist an kip Him as a keep sake:mad:

there is currently a seller from UK auctioning a “holy communion wafer blessed by Pope John Paul II” ( 6171703649 ) the bid is at 13,440 right now. Please see this site to sign a petition to get EBay to stop this kind of thing:

PetitionOnline.com/bbsdofj/

EBay claims to have scruples, they won’t let you sell bootlegged CD’s!

Also please call and write and ask everyone you know to join:

eBay Inc
2145 Hamilton Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125
Phone: (408) 376-7400
Fax: (408) 369-4855
Web Site: ebay.com/

The highest bidder now goes by this name:
“aprilthesevtiethinthethirdageofmankind”
The name sounds like a cult or new age??? This is such a sad thing to see done for money. Indeed, 30 pieces of silver.

I was talking about this with my husband tonight. Let’s say a consecrated Eucharist is sold, just imagine the wrath of God. I do not believe that it would go unpunished; I believe that the punishment will be swift and in this lifetime. None of these individuals can claim ignorance; they have received emails from people all over the world.

In addition, think of the people at eBay allowing this. If I worked for eBay I would quit and make some real noise on the way out! I would be afraid as a Catholic to work for eBay knowing they were allowing this.

The bid is up to **GBP 7,100.00. **(Approximately US $13,518.40) I feel badly for the bidders because this is ransom. I do not believe this seller even truly has a consecrated host and if it is, God will make sure all goes according to his plan and heaven help all those with evil in their hearts.

Continue to pray, email, and make noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back