EBay's Doing It Again (4-18-05)

• Thread starter Thread starter rastell
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I consider myself to be somewhat a “pro” on eBay. I’ve made about 400 purchases there over the last six plus years.

I am quite certain that these bids are phony bids. There are two bidders involved and both have just set up their accounts. I’ve considered doing this myself (instead of using my existing account where eBay could track me down). The current high bidder created their account today and goes by “aprilthesevtiethinthethirdageofmankind”. I can’t quite figure out if there is some significance to their name. It is a common practice for folks to set up fake accounts to protect others from fraud (often the person will set up an ID such as “ThisBuyerIsAFraud” to make it obvious what is going on.

There was one other transaction that isn’t being talked about yet and I need to keep quiet about it, bit it ended up with a happy ending like the one in Iowa. Details will be made public in a few days after delivery.

In a way, I hope this one in the U.K. ends up to $100,000 so that it gets media attention of how crazy this is. On the other hand, it will bring out many evil people, I’m afriad.

Kay Walker:
So this is what 30 pieces of silver is worth in today’s dollars? 😦

I agree that this is disgusting and also so, so sad.
So true!
Last week that Knights of Columbus man who bought the Holy Eucharist for $2000 may have done MORE HARM than good.
Like someone said above eariler, now we Catholics are being ‘held for blackmail’ and Jesus is being held HOSTAGE for randsom!

I’m cancelling my ebay account once I’m off the the Forums tonight.

They probably have some “bean counters” at ebay who are telling ebay that the publicity this generates will generate more customers than the number of Catholics it will turn away. I wish there would be a massive campaign to boycott ebay and to boycott it not just until their policy changes but to boycott it forever. If you just boycott it until their policy changes then ebay will profit from this without any consequences because it will have gotten all the new customers from the publicity and also won back all the Catholics it had turned away.

This is outrageous!

For those who want to complain on e-bays’s system, Lisa had the item number wrong, it’s 6171703649

40.png
JohnPaul0:
This is outrageous!

For those who want to complain on e-bays’s system, Lisa had the item number wrong, it’s 6171703649
The link was posted by wabrams and it is pulling it up.Spirit daily has already put this on their site and apparently the last “incident” they are selling a book about THAT wafer is what they call it:mad:
search.ebay.com/Communion-wafer_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40

Who’re bidding? are there satanists?
I suspect shill bidding in this case. all bidders are new to ebay and raising the ammount by just 5% is a sucker’s bet. the seller perhaps believes Catholic will pay whatever price to get the eucharist

40.png
tuopaolo:
They probably have some “bean counters” at ebay who are telling ebay that the publicity this generates will generate more customers than the number of Catholics it will turn away. I wish there would be a massive campaign to boycott ebay and to boycott it not just until their policy changes but to boycott it forever. If you just boycott it until their policy changes then ebay will profit from this without any consequences because it will have gotten all the new customers from the publicity and also won back all the Catholics it had turned away.
Yes, a boycott should not end immediately. If Ebay is playing a game then let’s not let them profit from it.

Representative:
house.gov/writerep/

Senators:
senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Sample text (cut & paste or write your own):
It was brought to my attention that a host consecrated by Pope John Paul II has been sold on E-bay. This is a sacrilege and an outrage!!!
Please enact legislation making it illegal to sell the Eucharist – consecrated hosts. We Catholics believe that consecrated hosts are the Body of Christ and to sell it is highly offensive and a desecration.
You want to earn votes from the Catholic community? This will do it.
More information:
crossroadsinitiative.com/library_article/545/Boycott_EBAY_.html

40.png
milimac:
Representative:
house.gov/writerep/

Senators:
senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Sample text (cut & paste or write your own):
It was brought to my attention that a host consecrated by Pope John Paul II has been sold on E-bay. This is a sacrilege and an outrage!!!
Please enact legislation making it illegal to sell the Eucharist – consecrated hosts. We Catholics believe that consecrated hosts are the Body of Christ and to sell it is highly offensive and a desecration.
You want to earn votes from the Catholic community? This will do it.
More information:
crossroadsinitiative.com/library_article/545/Boycott_EBAY_.html
Thankyou I have done it.

Let’s hope the first miracle for Pope John Paul 2’s canonization will be the host bleeding or levitating and thus converting its purchaser (unless one buys the Eucharistic Host in order to give it back to their priest or any other authorized person to handle such a case) to Catholicism, back to Catholicism or real Catholicism if he/she is a heretic or lukewarm. Of course, it could emit such a radiance that it fries the merchandise in whatever warehouse it was put in and makes the company get killed in the stock markets or fold.

Try: $9,520,190.40

At least it’s not actually Christ this time. How do I know?

-Every bid has been made by users with 0 feedback. This is clear evidence of “shill bidding”, or artificially raising the price and apparent interest in the item

-No images

-“This is item belonged to my late mother who was a devout Roman Catholic.” A devout Catholic is not going to be hanging onto the Eucharist.

Well, I’d love to get all outraged about this, but I really don’t think that this guy is really selling what he claims he is. How do I know that he didn’t just buy unconsecrated hosts from his local Catholic book store? Nobody would know the difference, right?

At any rate, I see that it’s up to £5 million. I doubt he’ll be collecting that.

I havn’t read the other replies on this yet so I’m not sure if someone else already had this idea.

Why don’t we begin to email the people who are actually selling these items. If you are a member of ebay you can email the sellers questions about the product they are selling. We can all start emailing them too. Not just ebay. Maybe we can change their minds or at least bother the heck out of them.

Angie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back