Election Results/Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter chicago
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
and the pro-life movement suffers another unfortunate setback
 
Now Cardin’s back in the lead by 10,000. 😦

Atleast Ehrlich is still winning… (by 40,000+ now)
 
IMHO, he deserves to have been defeated for using such a non-sensical term 😉 (well, and also for his ridiculous ‘classified’ document that ‘showed’ there were WMD in Iraq, and the silly speech he gave which detracted from the seriousness of the ‘snowflake baby’ issue)

Mike
I could not agree more 👍

I live in PA and voted for every Republican on my ballot except Santorum. I didn’t vote for Casey either because I won’t support anyone who approves of embryonic stem cell research or the morning after pill.

I agree that “Islamic fascism” is nonsense.

Santorum deserved to lose, and good riddance.
 
Democrat Bill Ritter won in the race for Colorado Governor. 😦

However, two ammendments concerning marriage are doing well. 👍
 
CNN projects that a proposed law in South Dakota to ban nearly all abortions will be defeated
 
I agree that “Islamic fascism” is nonsense.
I don’t know why Bush used that term. It’s used by “bloggers” and kids on various web forums who have almost no idea what they’re talking about. (of course, Bush isn’t that keen on technology apparently)
 
I don’t know why Bush used that term. It’s used by “bloggers” and kids on various web forums who have almost no idea what they’re talking about. (of course, Bush isn’t that keen on technology apparently)
It is also used by a number of historians and college professors I know. Maybe the most famous is Victor Davis Hanson. But it is a term that offends a lot of people and is banned on this form.

But the President was dismissed by many of the same people who don’t want him to use the term, way before he used it. I don’t think it made any difference to them if he used it or not. It is just another Red Herring.

In the next months we will see what the Democratic controlled House will do. I hope they won’t just use their additional power to inflict more bruises on America at a time of war. … but we will see.
 
I could not agree more 👍

I live in PA and voted for every Republican on my ballot except Santorum. I didn’t vote for Casey either because I won’t support anyone who approves of embryonic stem cell research or the morning after pill.

I agree that “Islamic fascism” is nonsense.

Santorum deserved to lose, and good riddance.
I’m wondering why, as a Catholic, you didn’t support Santorum. Solid on life issues, good family man. Perhaps you thought ‘Islamic Fascism’ was a little strongly-worded, but why waste a vote on a third party candidate (or not vote at all…) and remove such a solid pro-life leader from office?

Also-- how is the term ‘Islamic fascism’ nonsensical?

We’re talking about terrorists who ignore the value of reason in any sort of religious or political dialogue, following the violent commands of whatever version of God they are following.

Wikipedia:
Fascism is a radical political ideology that combines elements of corporatism, authoritarianism, nationalism, militarism, anti-anarchism, socialism and anti-liberalism.
If the shoe fits…
 
Rick lost because the Casey family is a political powerhouse in our state. He only lost one election, and that was to Rendel for gov. With Casey’s track record of using elected office to springboard into higher offices, don’t be surprised if he throws his hat into the ring in 2008.
I have to admit, I don’t keep up with politics in the East. Anyone have any insight into why Santorum lost?
 
There was no third party candidate. There would have been a green party candidate, who was actually given money by Rick to pull votes away from Casey, but the democrats determined the green party falsified a number of signatures on his petition, and they threw him out. Casey was not to be denied.
I’m wondering why, as a Catholic, you didn’t support Santorum. Solid on life issues, good family man. Perhaps you thought ‘Islamic Fascism’ was a little strongly-worded, but why waste a vote on a third party candidate (or not vote at all…) and remove such a solid pro-life leader from office?
 
I could not agree more 👍

I live in PA and voted for every Republican on my ballot except Santorum. I didn’t vote for Casey either because I won’t support anyone who approves of embryonic stem cell research or the morning after pill.

I agree that “Islamic fascism” is nonsense.

Santorum deserved to lose, and good riddance.
I live in PA and I don’t think Santorum even had a chance.

Well it’s midnight EST, and somehow this Virginia race just flipped and George Allen is now losing! That just happened in the last 30 minutes. Interesting. VA will have an automatic recount just for being this close. I think Allen is an offensive character. I did not feel any negatives about Santorum and/or Casey, but Allen is like something out of the 1880’s in race issues.
 
Anybody get the feeling that the Democrats realy don’t have a plan to fix the Iraq war? What can they do? It’s like a broken record… ‘new direction,… ‘new direction’, …new direction’. With no specifics. They better come through, two years from now is right around the corner.

-D
 
Anybody get the feeling that the Democrats realy don’t have a plan to fix the Iraq war? What can they do? It’s like a broken record… ‘new direction,… ‘new direction’, …new direction’. With no specifics. They better come through, two years from now is right around the corner.

-D
The Democrats have to figure out a lot of things now. What seems to be missing is:
  1. A plan for Iraq
  2. A national leader
  3. A plan for national security
It is a lot easier to be the opposition than the majority party in any of the branches of government.
 
The Democrats have to figure out a lot of things now. What seems to be missing is:
  1. A plan for Iraq
  2. A national leader
  3. A plan for national security
It is a lot easier to be the opposition than the majority party in any of the branches of government.
I love my country and hope we have victory in the war. At the same time I am looking forward to seeing the Democrats deliver on all of these grand and ever vague ideas. grabs popcorn.

This gridlock will help the stock market if nothing else. Not to mention the fact that GW won’t allow us to tuck tail and run out of Iraq. I realy hope we can bring the situation in Iraq into permanent stability before the 2008 election.

-D
 
Kansas has re-elected its pro-abortion Catholic governor by a wide margin; and rejected its pro-life attorney general in favor of his pro-abortion Catholic opponent, again by a large margin. Kansas seems always to protect its abortion industry.
 
Missouri is still counting ballots so we don’t know who won in the Senate or the stem-cell initiative. Primarily due to Kansas City, which is so backwards politically, it’s ridiculous. This is what happens when a city and county is dominated by Democrats for over a century.

It’s ludicrous that in the 21st Century it takes this long to count ballots.
 
Kansas has re-elected its pro-abortion Catholic governor by a wide margin; and rejected its pro-life attorney general in favor of his pro-abortion Catholic opponent, again by a large margin. Kansas seems always to protect its abortion industry.
Now those Rape victims rapists can’t be caught and brought to justice. 😦
 
and the pro-life movement suffers another unfortunate setback
How? The House doesn’t have any say in judicial appointments. If the Democrats win the Senate, then they can force more moderate judicial nominations from Bush, but it’s unlikely that this will happen.
 
How? The House doesn’t have any say in judicial appointments. If the Democrats win the Senate, then they can force more moderate judicial nominations from Bush, but it’s unlikely that this will happen.
Are you calling the Senate for the Republicans?

Talent is only up by 3% in MO, and they (still) haven’t counted all the blasted urban votes, where the Dem will presumably pick up quite a few votes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top