Election Results/Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter chicago
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sad to see how many people on this board are angry with Santorum for his support of Spector. He had very good reason to support Spector. If he hadn’t won, the judiciary committe chair would have gone to a dem. If that had happened, Bush’s nominations would have never made it to the floor. While another pro-life vote would have been a great help for pro-life, Santorum’s opinion was that we needed the judges in place (and we have them there). While people may disagree with his choice, I think it is extremely unfair to question his commitment to life.😦
 
i was just done reading 2 different articles, on the one hand a democrat was accusing of the republicans rigging the machines to let the democrats win so that after the election the republicans could expose it and accuse the democrats of fraud, and then a republican “catholic” was now saying that this election proves that there will only be 1 more pope after benedict.

oh how my side is hurting from the uncontrolable laughter. who needs to make up jokes or comedy when we have the real deal in our 2 party system? :rotfl:
 
Looks like Cardin and O’Malley won in my state. 😦
Black Wednesday is upon us in Maryland. I cannot STAND Ben Cardin, he’s such a fake. I hated his commercials…“Ben Cardin stood up to the President…” No he didn’t. He acts like he got up in President Bush’s face and yelled at him or something. Bush could pound him in like 2 seconds, so could Michael Steele, he’s a big dude.

Every single candidate I voted for lost. I feel soooo unempowered. Guess that’s what I get for living in a blue state. 😦 :mad: The Dems are just so happy that Bush is unpopular right now. That way, they could link the Republicans to him. The commercials just had Bush saying “Michael Steele” several times.

Welcome to abortion-land! Where pro-choice Catholics dominate!
 
Steele and Ehrlich reported to lose in MD. Both Catholic. And the pro-choice Catholic OMalley wins, what a loser…

Steele is the man, saw him speak at the Catholic Family expo. In any other state, he would have cleaned up, but he had a blue state and an unpopular president going against him…
Actually, Ehrlich is a Methodist, but good point.
 
This is a dark day for this country. Welcome to abortion on demand, embrionic stem cell research, the end of Christmas as a National holiday, (although we will celebrate Ramadon) the renewed vigor of the culture of death which will eventually scream for God’s punishment on this country. Since we won’t be allowed to wire tap terrorists anymore a nuke bomb in LA will be in the not too distant future.
 
Black Wednesday is upon us in Maryland. I cannot STAND Ben Cardin, he’s such a fake. I hated his commercials…“Ben Cardin stood up to the President…” No he didn’t. He acts like he got up in President Bush’s face and yelled at him or something. Bush could pound him in like 2 seconds, so could Michael Steele, he’s a big dude.

Every single candidate I voted for lost. I feel soooo unempowered. Guess that’s what I get for living in a blue state. 😦 :mad:

Welcome to abortion-land! Where pro-choice Catholics dominate!
did it ever occur to your one track mind that maybe some people vote on issues other than just abortion? i did the right thing by not voting in this corrupt 2 party dictatorship, but had i lived in texas i would have for sure voted for ron paul, the only person in congress who is right on every issue
 
This is a dark day for this country. Welcome to abortion on demand, embrionic stem cell research, the end of Christmas as a National holiday, (although we will celebrate Ramadon) the renewed vigor of the culture of death which will eventually scream for God’s punishment on this country. Since we won’t be allowed to wire tap terrorists anymore a nuke bomb in LA will be in the not too distant future.
so you want a nuke to kill millions of fellow americans eh? lovely. and i won’t even comment on your other paranoid fears, but in all seriousness i will say that if you truly fear all that happening then maybe instead of cheering on the federal government for these last few years you should have been trying to get it dismantled instead. you reap what you sow
 
Kansas has re-elected its pro-abortion Catholic governor by a wide margin; and rejected its pro-life attorney general in favor of his pro-abortion Catholic opponent, again by a large margin. Kansas seems always to protect its abortion industry.
Not only did Kansas elect a prolife attorney general but he and his wife teach marriage prep classes in a local Catholic parish. Here is a link to his own website morrisonforag.com/content/home/section/Biography

I had the Navy recruiters calling my 17 year old last night. The Marines are also contacting him. After last nights election and how the democrat leadership feel about the military i.e. see John Kerry’s remarks, I’m not so convinced this is a great thing for him.

All I can say is “offer it up”. I think today I’m going to have to turn off the talk radio and start listening to the all Christmas music station - otherwise I may have to jump from my first floor window at work. 😛 Uggh - I have to get up now and go to work so I can pay more taxes!
 
Black Wednesday is upon us in Maryland. I cannot STAND Ben Cardin, he’s such a fake. I hated his commercials…“Ben Cardin stood up to the President…” No he didn’t. He acts like he got up in President Bush’s face and yelled at him or something. Bush could pound him in like 2 seconds, so could Michael Steele, he’s a big dude.

Every single candidate I voted for lost. I feel soooo unempowered. Guess that’s what I get for living in a blue state. 😦 :mad: The Dems are just so happy that Bush is unpopular right now. That way, they could link the Republicans to him. The commercials just had Bush saying “Michael Steele” several times.

Welcome to abortion-land! Where pro-choice Catholics dominate!
did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe some people vote on issues other than just abortion, or that they realize ending abortion is nothing but a false hope they give you to have you vote them into power? i did the right thing by not voting in this corrupt 2 party dictatorship, but had i lived in texas i would have for sure voted for ron paul, the only person in congress who is right on every issue
 
did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe some people vote on issues other than just abortion, or that they realize ending abortion is nothing but a false hope they give you to have you vote them into power? i did the right thing by not voting in this corrupt 2 party dictatorship, but had i lived in texas i would have for sure voted for ron paul, the only person in congress who is right on every issue
Every issue is secondary to the right to life. If we don’t have a right to life, no other “right” has any value. So, people should vote life first. There is a reason why our Declaration of Independence lists life as first. Ending abortion is not a false hope, but it does take people to learn about and act on the truth.
 
Every issue is secondary to the right to life. If we don’t have a right to life, no other “right” has any value. So, people should vote life first. There is a reason why our Declaration of Independence lists life as first. Ending abortion is not a false hope, but it does take people to learn about and act on the truth.
ending abortion is one thing, but voting for hacks who give you empty promises is another. as i mentioned in previous posts so many times, congess could have easily ended abortion by simply invoking the states right’s clause or by impeaching the supreme justices. and then there are many candidates who claim to be pro-life on abortion but then also claim to have no problem killing innocent people in war. what is one to do then, when a person is pro-life and pro-death at the same time? i refuse to vote in any janus or backstabber.
 
did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe some people vote on issues other than just abortion, or that they realize ending abortion is nothing but a false hope they give you to have you vote them into power? i did the right thing by not voting in this corrupt 2 party dictatorship, but had i lived in texas i would have for sure voted for ron paul, the only person in congress who is right on every issue
You don’t know what other issues I believe in. So don’t make assumptions that abortion was the only issue I voted on. Life comes first, everything else is secondary.
 
did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe some people vote on issues other than just abortion, or that they realize ending abortion is nothing but a false hope they give you to have you vote them into power? i did the right thing by not voting in this corrupt 2 party dictatorship, but had i lived in texas i would have for sure voted for ron paul, the only person in congress who is right on every issue
In my mind there is NO other issue.

I just woke up to Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House. I just heard her 100 day agenda. I literally teared up.

first…raise min. wage. Yeehaw. That means I’ll pay more at restaurants and everything else in general. I worked as a waitress once when min. wage was raised. That was a great lesson for me in economics. The very next day after that raise…our first job of the day before opening the pizza parlor was to take every menu and raise the price of every item 25 cents. In the meantime I will not get a raise and neither will my husband. Yipeeyahoo…I’m so unimpressed.

Second…lift the ban on stem cell research. Those exact words. Hello…there is no ban on stem cell research…only on embryonic stem cell research. Note the inflammatory language…note the left wing agenda.

Actually, I felt like vomiting after these two statements…I quit listening.
 
Begun the Clone War Has - Yoda, “Attack of the Clones”. Amendment 2 looks like it has won. Human cloning is now a RIGHT in Missouri.
And Phil Kline was defeated, probably by the proaborts who bought the way into office for Paul Morrison who is pro abortion and will stop the investigation into the statutory rapes.
 
Let’s discuss the election results and trends.

“What’s in?”

(Or as the saying goes, “What’s out?”)
Divided government is back in thank God, and not a moment too soon.

I get uneasy when one party has too much for too long.

really scary
 
I am so sad to see how many people on this board are angry with Santorum for his support of Spector. He had very good reason to support Spector. If he hadn’t won, the judiciary committe chair would have gone to a dem. If that had happened, Bush’s nominations would have never made it to the floor. While another pro-life vote would have been a great help for pro-life, Santorum’s opinion was that we needed the judges in place (and we have them there). While people may disagree with his choice, I think it is extremely unfair to question his commitment to life.😦
The reason they supported Spector was because the Republicans had only one lead in the senate, and they were afraid Tooney would lose… Saying he was “too conservative for Pennsylvania.” Even though Tooney’s record was identical to Ricks.
 
Every issue is secondary to the right to life. If we don’t have a right to life, no other “right” has any value.
I believe that the appalling performance by the Administration about the War, the GOP spending more than any liberals would, and the less than half-hearted efforts at pro-life legislation by the GOP negated any supremacy of the right-to-life issue that would move one to vote for them. IMO, of course. I voted for two local level Republicans, otherwise mine was a straight Democratic vote. Sheesh, even the conservative Arkansas Democrat-Gazette endorsed Rep. Vic Snyder, a liberal pro-choicer for his re-election.

Arkansas is the only southern state that has two Democratic Senators, 3 Dem Representatives out of the four, even as it voted for Bush twice. Go figure.
 
so you want a nuke to kill millions of fellow americans eh? lovely. and i won’t even comment on your other paranoid fears, but in all seriousness i will say that if you truly fear all that happening then maybe instead of cheering on the federal government for these last few years you should have been trying to get it dismantled instead. you reap what you sow
Did I say I wanted to kill millions of people? Because of the liberals agenda of stopping wire tapping of terrorists, ending interrogation tactics that work on terrorists, and dismantling the intelligence community, not to mention allowing illegal aliens uncontrolled access to our boarders will allow terrorists to make a major attack on the US and it will most likely be a nuclear attack.

The morons in this country that voted for Democrats voted out a Congress and President who has the best economy we have had in many years…even better than when Slick Willy was in office. A President and congress who has kept this country safe since 9/11. A president and Congress who was working to end the Culture of death in this country.

Now that the Democrats own both houses of congress Bush will never be able to confirm a pro life judge which means Roe V Wade will be with us for many generations more.

The Devil was the true winner in these elections…and Osama Bin Laden is dancing in his cave.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top