Election Results/Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter chicago
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck turn on TNT and watch re-runs of LAW AND ORDER.
🙂
I’m not too pleased with the way things are going,
but I kind of expected it.
 
Someone make me turn off the t.v. Obama is talking on the news right now about the dems wins.:banghead:
Do what I do. No TV. None since 1985. I have two classical music FM Radio stations to listen to. Any classical music stations in your area?
 
Heck turn on TNT and watch re-runs of LAW AND ORDER.
🙂
I’m not too pleased with the way things are going,
but I kind of expected it.
Actually, so far it isn’t all that bad. Of course the night is still young, but we are no where near the average numbers the party in power loses in the House and Senate during the midterms of a second year presidency.

I think there was a lot of hype on both sides before the election trying to make what would essentially be a tie out as some kind of landside for one side or the other. Probably because the polls were so close. But in reality, the party in power normally loses something like 26 seats in the House and a lot of seats in the Senate during the midterms of a second year presidency.
 
I am pleased that my candidate, Charlie Crist,
has won in the race for Governor of Florida.
He’s a pretty nice fellow.
 
Steele and Ehrlich reported to lose in MD. Both Catholic. And the pro-choice Catholic OMalley wins, what a loser…

Steele is the man, saw him speak at the Catholic Family expo. In any other state, he would have cleaned up, but he had a blue state and an unpopular president going against him…
 
Do what I do. No TV. None since 1985. I have two classical music FM Radio stations to listen to. Any classical music stations in your area?
Well, I usually don’t watch much tv (three programs per week) however, election day is the super bowl for this political junkie (degree in history and political science, worked for the US Senate, family and friends in politics, outspoken constituent, and unfortunate resident of a corrupt state which is why I posted this:banghead: ). However, just like the fellow Bears fans at this past Sunday’s game, I think my blood pressure, disgust, and disappointment are on the rise.
 
Steele and Ehrlich reported to lose in MD. Both Catholic. And the pro-choice Catholic OMalley wins, what a loser…

Steele is the man, saw him speak at the Catholic Family expo. In any other state, he would have cleaned up, but he had a blue state and an unpopular president going against him…
I just checked - Steele has a 5,000 vote lead now, and Ehrlich has a 22,000 vote lead. I think the massive Baltimore City votes are already in, so I think they survived. CNN has a history of projecting too early. coughFloridacough
 
I THINK that Missourians were NOT duped and Amendment 2 was defeated. .
I hope you’re right, pardner, but it ain’t over yet. St. Louis City and Jackson County aren’t in yet.

All things considered, I would say this election is a terrible blow to the prolife cause.
 
Steele now has an 11,000 vote lead!
Ehrlich is still holding on with 28,000.
 
Tennessee
Looks like Corker is winning but not official yet.

Marriage between 1 man and 1 woman only passed in Tennessee! 👍
 
The only issues in my state were the standard budget issues. No real big moral issues. (not that I understood the amendments that well…)
 
I hope you’re right, pardner, but it ain’t over yet. St. Louis City and Jackson County aren’t in yet.
I agree, it’s tight. 53% to 47% right now, no vote in the lead, w/o the St. Louis vote. But we’ve been looking at polls that have been saying 51% yes, 35% no 14% don’t know. So being in the lead right now feels great. We might just get our miracle.
 
Talent is ahead of McCaskill right now but the local news is holding out hope that McCaskill pulls it out. I don’t think this stuff would bother me near as much if the media wasn’t so blatently to the left!:mad:
 
Heck turn on TNT and watch re-runs of LAW AND ORDER.
I’m watching Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and Dan “a four dollar gopher in a two dollar pelt” Rather on Comedy Central. They’re hilarious.
 
Fox News is now saying that the Democrats will control the House.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top