S
Sundiver
Guest
This is well thought out. Thank you. You bring up some points worth investigating. I have witnessed this phenomenon many times with children who rebel against their parents and what is obviously the known common sense good. If they would only realize what would make them happy.I think that we all know that it isn’t just overzealous parenting (in regard to faith) that leads to children denouncing the things that we believe and going off to live lives that are the total opposite. Sometimes, children just think, to quote Paul Harvey: “what is bad is good, and what is good is… square”. Not everyone will be dissuaded from that notion.
I am optimistic but, also a realist. It is easy to see the evil and self-serving at work to destroy in this world. However, there are groups springing up everywhere that believe we are moving into a more spiritual age. Spiritual in the sense that we will become more centered on the soul and mental advancement of the human condition. All life, interior life, human dignity, would be the focal point of technology and self advancement. Materialism would, eventually, become less desirable. For Catholics it would be an awareness that is based on , Mathew 18:20 "“For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.”
I believe there are signs for this. It is an intuitive observation and not very easy to logically present. I have often wanted to post a few concepts on CAF but it is so complicated.
I believe the key to this is self mastery in Jesus.