Q
QuickCat
Guest
1 Cor 11:1 “BE YE FOLLOWERS OF ME, EVEN AS I AM OF CHRIST!”Wow, just wow. You have distorted the Bible beyond belief. In Acts 20;24 he simply says: he preaached the Gospel of God’s grace. Nothing more.
As for Galatian’s, Paul’s entire point is that you don’t need to be circumcised to be holy. He is not negating what was taught about the 10 commandments. Read Galatians 5: 6:
6 For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love
And look at his examples later in the chapter:
19 Now the works of the flesh are obvious: immorality, impurity, licentiousness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, rivalry, jealousy, outbursts of fury, acts of selfishness, dissensions, factions,
21 occasions of envy, drinking bouts, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 In contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 Now those who belong to Christ (Jesus) have crucified their flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also follow the Spirit.
26 Let us not be conceited, provoking one another, envious of one another.
So clearly he believes that actions matter, its not all about faith.
Quickcat, Why do you say that the Church founded by Jesus in Matthew 16 is different than the Church that Paul calls the body of Christ? Do you not recognize that it was the Church led by St. Peter Paul was persecuting when Jesus appeared to him on the road to Damascus. And do you not realize that Ananias baptized Paul into the same church. And do you not realize that Barnabas went to find him and and brought him to work for the chruch in Antioch: (Acts 11): .
25 Then he (Barnabas) went to Tarsus to look for Saul,
26 and when he had found him he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught a large number of people, and it was in Antioch that the disciples were first called Christians.
And do you not realize that it was the church that dispatched Paul on his missions: (Acts 13)
1.Now there were in the church at Antioch prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Symeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who was a close friend of Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
2 While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”
3 Then, completing their fasting and prayer, they laid hands on them and sent them off.
Quick cat, this is the most revealing statement you have made. You are following an Apostle rather than Christ. And Paul most certainly didn’t say he was the pattern for those who follow after him or that you should be his followers. This is what he says in 1corinthians1:
10 I urge you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree in what you say, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and in the same purpose.
11 For it has been reported to me about you, my brothers, by Chloe’s people, that there are rivalries among you.
12 I mean that each of you is saying, “I belong to Paul,” or “I belong to Apollos,” or “I belong to Cephas,” or “I belong to Christ.”
13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
Isn’t it very clear that you are doing exactly what Paul said not to do by dividing the church or by Followign Paul instead of Christ. Paul would certainly condemn what you are saying just as readily as he condemned the Corinthians.
1 Cor 4:16 “WHEREFORE I BESEECH YOU, BE YE FOLLOWERS OF ME!”
PHIL. 3:17 “BRETHREN, BE FOLLOWERS TOGETHER OF ME, AND MARK THEM WHICH WALK SO AS YE HAVE US FOR AN ENSAMPLE!”
1 Tim 1:16 “NEVERTHELESS, FOR THIS CAUSE I OBTAINED MERCY, THAT IN ME FIRST JESUS CHRIST MIGHT SHOW FORTH ALL LONG SUFFERING, FOR A PATTERN FOR THEM WHO SHOULD HEREAFTER BELIEVE ON HIM TO LIFE EVERLASTING!”