Fatima...third secret?

• Thread starter Thread starter BenRosa
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t expect the Priest to mention Heaven, Hell, Judgement, The Eucharist, Our Lady or anything particularly Catholic come to that. Life as usual in a modern day Catholic parish
In our area we are in driving distance to churches from 3 different diocese.
In one diocese the experience is similar to what you describe above - you will not hear about the basics of the faith, but rather a nice warm fuzzy feel good message.

In the 2 other diocese - yes- there is definitely a good solid message faithful to catholic teaching…

40.png
John_19_59:
This Sunday I will be attending (please God) my usual parish Novus Ordo mass where I will be worshipping Our Lord truely present in the Eucharist.

I don’t expect the Priest to mention Heaven, Hell, Judgement, The Eucharist, Our Lady or anything particularly Catholic come to that. Life as usual in a modern day Catholic parish.

But things will change - Our Lady promised.

God bless all.
This Sunday I will be attending my usual parish Mass where I will be worshipping Our Lord truely present in the Eucharist.

Our Priest will mention Heaven, Hell, Judgement, The Eucharist, and whatever fits with the Gospel reading according to the truth handed down by Christ and the Apostles. As usual it will be very Catholic and well taught and reverently done. Life as usual in our modern day Catholic parish.

Our Lord and Our Lady will be well pleased.

God Bless,
Marie

40.png
Marie:
This Sunday I will be attending my usual parish Mass where I will be worshipping Our Lord truely present in the Eucharist.

Our Priest will mention Heaven, Hell, Judgement, The Eucharist, and whatever fits with the Gospel reading according to the truth handed down by Christ and the Apostles. As usual it will be very Catholic and well taught and reverently done. Life as usual in our modern day Catholic parish.

Our Lord and Our Lady will be well pleased.

God Bless,
Marie
:clapping: :tiphat: :blessyou:

Well said, dear friend

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

It appears I’m not alone in this forum…

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=17599

This is an excellent thread with some excellent points about the masonic worldview the Church has adopted since 1958.

The mission of the Church has been turned on its head. We are now chasing an earthly paradise. “Liberty, equality, fraternity” - Pope John Paul II likes using this phrase.

Now… what was it that would be clearer after 1960?

John Paul II to Muslims and Hindus - Given on 21 January 1995 in Colombo, Sri Lanka

"I am very pleased to have this opportunity during my visit to Sri Lanka to meet representatives of the various religions which have lived together in harmony for a very long time on this island: especially Buddhism, present for over 2,000 years, Hinduism, also of very long standing, along with Islam and Christianity. This simultaneous presence of* great religious traditions** is a source of enrichment for Sri Lankan society.** I wish to reaffirm the church’s and my own deep and abiding respect for the spiritual and cultural values of which you are the guardians**."*

Sorry - this is madness and the complete reverse of the teaching of previous Popes - Pius XI for instance in a previous link. How can this be?

Especially since the Second Vatican Council, the Catholic Church has been fully committed to pursuing the path of dialogue and cooperation with the members of other religions. Interreligious dialogue is a precious means by which the followers of the various religions discover shared points of contact in the spiritual life, while acknowledging the differences which exist between them. The church respects the freedom of individuals to seek the truth and to embrace it according to the dictates of conscience, and in this light she firmly rejects proselytism and the use of unethical means to gain conversions.”

We HAVE abandoned our mission. “Especially since the Second Vatican Council”.

We aren’t even attempting to convert “non-Christians” anymore!

His full speech is here.

ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/JP2HINDU.HTM

He doesn’t mention Jesus once!

This is exactly where Masons wished the Church to be at the time Benedict XIV, Pius VI, Pius VII, Leo XII, Pius VIII, Gregory XVI, Pius IX. Leo XIII was condemning them.

Now I’m not going to leave the Catholic Church or anything like that - but I am seriously concerned (and perplexed) that our pastors are teaching, preaching and practising error.

Ordinary Catholics have been in a similar postion in the past during the Arian crisis - the hierachy were teaching error which was later condemned as such (and of course reasons were found as to why the errors taught were not infallible). I think at some point in the future that someone will lead the Church and point out the same thing about what has been going on in the last 45 years. The door is open to that, it was afterall a “non-dogmatic” council.

We have to ride out this storm and try to correct this contradiction within the Church.

We have to pray much too. For the Pope, for the Bishops, the Religious and for God’s truth.

The years after 1960 and the Third Secret are inextricably linked, I don’t see how it could be anything other then the shift in the orientation of the Church to the World during that time.

St Athanasius pray for us.
St Basil pray for us.

40.png
John_19_59:
We HAVE abandoned our mission. “Especially since the Second Vatican Council”.

We aren’t even attempting to convert “non-Christians” anymore!
First of all John, you are not alone. But more-so, you should be encouraged when you see the posts of those who have the opposite point of view. Look at their past posts and you see what they do not see. Sometimes the reasons they give for what they believe are no better than when a Catholic is asked why he is a Catholic, and the response is “because my parents are”

Secondly, we know that this Saturday, many will come into the Church. God bless!! But it also sad that by this coming Easter nearly one half of those who entered the Church last year will have fallen away already.

Show me a bishop who cares, and DOES SOMETHING, about that, and I will show you a bishop who loves his job. Even pastors do little or nothing about keeping, much less getting, more of God’s children to come home.

The harvest is great in our back yard.

All this addresses indifferentism?

Are you sure?

*“In view of the ever more pressing challenges of indifferentism and secularization, the Jubilee requires that this dialogue be intensified. In their everyday relationships, believers are called to show the face of a Church which is open to everyone, attentive to social realities and to whatever enables the human person to affirm his dignity. In particular, Christians, conscious of the heavenly Father’s love, will heighten their concern for migrants, in order to develop a sincere and respectful dialogue aimed at building the “civilization of love”.” *

More intensified “dialogue”! What has it achieved?

More humanist preaching about the “dignity of man” (the cult of man again).

More utopian nonsense about the “civilisation of love”.

How about preaching Jesus Christ ( a bit of good old proselytising) - oh we don’t do that anymore since Vatican II.

As for the link on Assisi…

“It is not a sin to invite a non-believer to pray” is pure “spin” of the teachings of St Thomas.

True it is not a sin to invite a non-believer to pray, but pray to who is the question!

It is a sin to invite a non-believer to pray to false Gods.

I think you need to read this again…

vatican.va/holy_father/p…-animos_en.html

MORTALIUM ANIMOS by Pius Xi.

I’ve read it John…I simply do not share your dark view nor your pessimism concerning our Pope.

Lorarose,

It’s not a pessimistic view, I am genuinely perplexed. I would like nothing better than to give my complete assent to John Paul II, but I can’t when in all conscience as far as I can see he is carrying on in a manner contrary to the teaching of the Church prior to 1958.

In fact I would like nothing better than an empty hell! Universal salvation.That would be the greatest thing (from a purely human standpoint) - unfortunately that is not what the Church has taught prior to 1958.

What do you suggest an ordinary Catholic like me should do?

On the one hand I have the teaching of Pius XI and on the other the non-dogmatic pronouncements of Vatican II and the practise of John Paul II.

They are diametrically opposed.

Ordinary Catholics have been misled in the past by Popes and Bishops, the Arian crisis for example (how was an ordinary Catholic to know the ins and outs of all that and who really didn’t mean what)?

The Church has a primary mission to save people from sin, to make disciples of all the nations. “Liberty, equality and Fraternity” is not the mission of the Church.

Why should the Church bother if men are just as well off (or better off) left in their ignorance? Christ could have made his sacrifice and left it at that, but he didn’t.

I truely hope God can “lead all souls to Heaven” - it’s not a good hope though , it’s just that 2000 years of infallible Church teaching says the doctrine of universal salvation is an error and that God is a jealous God who will not have false Gods worshipped before Him.

It is YOUR OPINION that they are diametrically opposed.

The Church has offerred us a different interpretation than you have.
The Church has suggested we talk WITH people instead of talking AT people.

I do not see oppostition and conflict here.
I see a great message of hope, faith, and love.

I don’t really know what to tell you as it is clear you carry much suspicion and seem to assume the worst.

They are diametrically opposed!

Pope Pius XI said we should not take part in events like Assisi …

" For which reason conventions, meetings and addresses are frequently arranged by these persons, at which a large number of listeners are present, and at which all without distinction are invited to join in the discussion, both infidels of every kind, and Christians, even those who have unhappily fallen away from Christ or who with obstinacy and pertinacity deny His divine nature and mission. Certainly such attempts can nowise be approved by Catholics, founded as they are on that false opinion which considers all religions to be more or less good and praiseworthy, since they all in different ways manifest and signify that sense which is inborn in us all, and by which we are led to God and to the obedient acknowledgment of His rule. Not only are those who hold this opinion in error and deceived, but also in distorting the idea of true religion they reject it, and little by little. turn aside to naturalism and atheism, as it is called; from which it clearly follows that one who supports those who hold these theories and attempt to realize them, is altogether abandoning the divinely revealed religion"

It’s not my opinion! You can read it for yourself.

There is a genuine dilema here!

“Not only are those who hold this opinion in error and deceived, but also in distorting the idea of true religion they reject it”
Now was Pope Pius XI wrong or not?

40.png
MrS:
But it also sad that by this coming Easter nearly one half of those who entered the Church last year will have fallen away already.

Is this true? I felt the most orthodox Catholics were the converts. Is there data to back this up? Sad if true.

If it is in fact an accurate statistic, I wonder what it says about RCIA. My daughter is currently going to RCIA classes and through my conversation with her it is apparent she is not receiving a thorough Catholic education, sadly. Yet, she is learning and thinking more and more about her faith of which I am grateful.

It IS your opinion.
You have chosen to characterize the event the way you want to see it.

The Church does not forbid us from praying with people from other faiths.

When the Assisi event is presented with a different viewpoint - you refuse to consider it.

That is your perogerative.

It is also mine to reject your personal opinion and consider the viewpoint of our pope.

What was Assisi then?
To give non-Catholics the impression that their religion is in someway worthy is to deny the one true religion.
This is YOUR CHARACTERIZATION!
This is YOUR OPINION!

If we were to ask the Pope what the purpose of the Assisi meeting was I sincerely doubt he would say “oh well…I wanted to give the message that all religions are equal and I wanted to deny the Church”

It is not my opinion, it is the teaching of Pius XI.

The people who gathered at Assisi were invited to pray to their false deities by the Pope.

They were not informed of their ignorance, they were not told of the one true religion.

They were given the impression that their false religion has merit. They came, they prayed, they went home and they were not told that the days of their ignorance are over. They went home thinking that their prayers to false Gods had somehow done the world some good (by the fruits…).

This is a denial of the one true religion as written by Pius XI in Mortalium Animos.

That is not my opinion - Read the link to Pius XI’s teaching.

You really don’t understand the real dilema here do you!

The dilemna here is that you think your personal characterization of the event - and your personal opinion, supersedes everyone else’s opinions- including the pope’s!!

You think your view is the ONLY possible way someone could look at this event or look at the pope’s actions.
I simply don’t agree.

There really isn’t much point in discussing this further.
When I want to know what the Pope thinks or says - I go to the source and read his words IN FULL CONTEXT without someone editorializing for me.
His words IN FULL speak for themselves.

You will see conflict where you want to see conflict - and you clearly WANT to see conflict!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back