Federal Police "Invade" Portland

  • Thread starter Thread starter Regular_Atheist
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry, but isn’t the goal of the communism of old to create a classless society also a modern day objective of socialists/communists today???
Don’t keep us in suspense! How many classes should a society have, if not “none”?
 
As many as it needs. There’s no such thing as a classless society, even communist country’s had starving peasants and a well fed elite.

Hierarchies are a good thing.
 
Last edited:
Don’t keep us in suspense! How many classes should a society have, if not “none”?
That there are classes is an observation of reality, it is visible through all recorded history.

That you think there should be none is a far more intriguing topic to discuss.
 
Any that don’t include the poor, if it were possible, but then Jesus said we would always have the poor.
 
Last edited:
Any that don’t include the poor, but then Jesus said we would always have the poor, so I’m not sure if it’s possible to eradicate poverty entirely.
I’ve always felt that christians have a fear of eliminating poverty due to that passage. Here is a thread where I made the point 5 years ago:
40.png
Tangible ways a nonbeliver can not help as much as a believer Philosophy
I’ve always wondered if believers would hesitate if given the opportunity to completely eliminate poverty. After all, it would invalidate Jesus’ declaration that “the poor will always be with you.” They might convince themselves that eliminating poverty is impossible so any attempt at elimination is destined to fail. They might go so far as to say that it is somehow immoral, that we would be depriving ourselves of the lessons that poor people teach us. A non-believer would have no such qualms…
 
No, it’s not that at all, which is why the Church teaches we should help the poor.

But to eliminate it entirely would mean a drastic SPIRITUAL revolution rather than a political one.

And quite frankly I don’t have that much faith in humanity that that will happen.
 
Last edited:
Since poverty is the default state mankind, and given the context of the verse, he was likely meaning both financially and materially.
 
How would you go about creating a CLASSLESS society without infringing on people’s liberties, property and/or religious rights??

According to proponents of marxism religion is a reactive institution in league with capitalism! It therefore needs to be eliminated.
 
Last edited:
I don’t really understand how you can post this meme when you explicitly claim to support that yourself.
 
Simple, I support them snatching who they’re snatching.

I like guns, I don’t like guns being pointed at me. Not really a contradiction here in my opinion. Government is a tool and as long as it’s being applied according to my beliefs I’ll support it, when it’s not I won’t.

Above all else I’m a pragmatist. I don’t get bogged down in principles or ideology.

WTA: They also won’t come snatch me up because I don’t go to protests, I don’t agitate against the government, all I really want is go to work and be left alone. I’m not a politically involved person, though I do often give thought to way to improve things.
 
Last edited:
I treat the people around me with respect, I help people I see need help. Me theorizing on things I have no control over isn’t a moral issue in my opinion.
 
No more situational than treating your family different from your enemies.
 
Oh, a lot of people think Trump is too chummy with Putin.
They the same people who falsely accused him of collusion when they knew from the start here was none. They lack credibility.
So, you don’t like Putin. That’s nice to hear. Many conservatives really like him.
I’ll need to see some quotes
You made a comment about communists and Putin is basically a commie with a glint of capitalism to make it palatable to some…
I don’t recall saying that. Even a little bit of free market doesn’t make up for the evil of communism, or fascism.
 
You made a comment about communists and Putin is basically a commie with a glint of capitalism to make it palatable to some…
I was more enthused about his acknowledgement of God and non-degenerate marriage in the Russian Constitution. That new Orthodox military cathedral is rather inspiring as well. Restrictions on the ability of foreigners to take part in politics are just common sense. You will note that none of the above involves selling Russia out to globalist corporations. Putin is a nationalist, not a capitalist.
 
Last edited:
Except you are still wrong. It has nothing to do with capitalism and everything to do with the culture.
 
So if you support “big government”, then how can you fault “leftists” for the same? I could understand a libertarian posting this, but not someone like you.
 
Just chock it up to finding humor in contradiction I guess.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top