Heated Oval Office meeting included talk of special counsel, martial law as Trump advisers clash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone is free to file a law suit.
It is not illegal or un-American to do so.

It is, however, un-American to attempt to deny someone this freedom.
We obviously disagree on what’s going on.

I guess anyone is free to overturn by legalistic means an election that he lost fair and square, but it’s still scary and ominous and yes, unAmerican. Trump should accept his defeat and move on.

Last edited:
Actually I don’t think you can file a law suit anytime you want to. When the government give special liability protections – such as to nursing homes and schools regarding Covid infections – you can’t sue if you or someone suffers the injuries that are being exempted.

I guess anyone is free to overturn by legalistic means an election that he lost fair and square
If the election results can be legally overturned, then it is, by definition, legal.
And also, if the courts find legal reasons to toss out the results, then the results were neither fair or square.

Not true,
Really…I think you are conflating the content of a suit with the ability to file.

It is not illegal to file a suit.
It may be illegal to file a false report…which is what may be going on there.

And what does Trump’s track record in the courts tell you about the prevalence of voter fraud in this election?

Don’t forget he wanted state legislatures controlled by Republicans to appoint electors, to get around the fact that he lost those states. He’s been using pressure tactics to get Republican officeholders and judges to overturn the election, since he lost it fair and square. He wants to subvert American democracy, pure and simple. It’s not working, thankfully.

Last edited:
And also, if the courts find legal reasons to toss out the results, then the results were neither fair or square
But haven’t the opportunities for that passed?

59 suits later, it’s time to stop.

And what does Trump’s track record in the courts tell you about the prevalence of voter fraud in this election?
Is completely irrelevant to whether he has legal recourse and the resources to pursue it.

If he wants to fight in court, let him.
What is the problem with letting him do so?
But haven’t the opportunities for that passed?
59 suits later, it’s time to stop.
Again, what is the problem with letting him exercise his rights?

What bizarro world is it where people claim you un-American for exercising a legal right?
What does it say for those that want to stop him from exercising this right?

What bizarro world is it where people claim you un-American for exercising a legal right?
When the suits are filled with lies and conspiracy theories and no actual facts. When they keep getting tossed out.

You have a legal right to sue if you have standing and have facts supporting your case.

That isn’t evident here.

The ACLU has been asking these questions for years.

For almost as long, people have objected to them exercising their rights because they are un-American.

Really…I think you are conflating the content of a suit with the ability to file.

It is not illegal to file a suit.
It may be illegal to file a false report…which is what may be going on there.
That is like defending car theft by saying that driving a car is not illegal.

But it’s not.
Your analogy fails in many ways.
Really. Can you name a few, because I can’t. Its the same principle. Something can be legal when done properly, and illegal when done improperly. Which doesn’t even reach the fact that some things can be legal and still inappropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back