Heated Oval Office meeting included talk of special counsel, martial law as Trump advisers clash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not familiar with all the laws of your country so I will recuse myself from answering 😉

At some points the judges will sanction him or his lawyers for submitting frivolous lawsuits. You can also be heavily fined (judges have a lot of leeway, especially in civil suits). Oh, and some states will put you in jail if those fines aren’t paid.

So maybe not illegal, but the results can make it feel the same.

At some points the judges will sanction him or his lawyers for submitting frivolous lawsuits.
The last judge (AZ or NV) basically said that because of the lies in the lawsuit submitted by Trump supporters that they were going to be subject to at least paying everyone’s court costs.

Detroit and the MI AG are both going to file for sanctions against Sidney Powell et al after a three week period to withdraw the lawsuit passes.

He doesn’t have a right to overturn an election when all evidence points to it being perfectly legitimate. That goes against all of our political norms and the heart of our political system. He should respect the will of the majority of voters and concede, or at the very least, stop trying to throw a monkey wrench into what are by now procedural measures.

Last edited:
He doesn’t have a right to overturn an election when all evidence points to it being perfectly legitimate.
He believes he has a case.
Do you wish to deny him his right to legal recourse?
He should respect the will of the majority of voters and concede, or at the very least, stop trying to throw a monkey wrench into what are by now procedural measures.
If the courts find in his favor, then it is apparently not reflecting the will of the people.

So what is the issue with his lawful pursuit?

At what point does it go beyond pursuing his rights and abusing the system?
A question people have been asking at least as long as the system has been in place.

Unless he is doing something illegal, I do not believe an abuse is happening.

Just because you disagree with a course of action does not mean it should be disallowed.
It is part of living in a free society.
Once again, yes, it’s allowed. Yes, the lawyers will be sanctioned.

l, I do not believe an abuse is happening.
I think it’s looking that way. If any real evidence had been presented and accepted, your point would be valid. But it’s really looking like he’s throwing spaghetti on the wall and hoping something sticks. How much more spaghetti should the legal system waste their time with? Is an end point in sight? Is he now hurting himself more than helping?

Last edited:
I’m still waiting for any courts to find his favor. The votes have been certified. Biden won. It is time to move on. Any rational person would at this time.

Last edited:
If the courts find in his favor, then it is apparently not reflecting the will of the people.

So what is the issue with his lawful pursuit?
There is no legal recourse at this point.

Courts at this point should say that jurisdiction has passed to Congress. The Constitution gives Congress the authority to accept or reject the votes of the Electoral College, not the courts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back