Hell

  • Thread starter Thread starter hu324b
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
God did not give me a reason or even tell me what to say.

I am not even sure if these are the exact words but they do transmit the meaning.
I think [imho] something obviously occurred which clearly inspired and profoundly affected you. and its lasting. You should speak to a priest and seek spiritual direction. There’s a good chance there’s more to this than your understanding above.

Peace
 
It was jest (well half serious).

There’s a guy online (on another site) who regularly posts nasty things about Catholics…we’re all doomed to Hell he thinks (because we call priests “Father” and because our Pope kissed the Koran…and a dozen other reasons .He hates Muslims too…and lots of others)
I had to respond and say that I prayed that when his bus arrives at the’ rapture’, he’s got a muslim, a catholic, a jew, and a gay guy sitting next to him…and that when he looks at them, he sees God in all their faces. That would make him soil the seat, actually. My evil twin would be pleased.I’d make up similar surprises for anyone who is cocksure of the afterlife or their assured place in it.
Mostly in the form of people they’d meet that made them say “Wait a minute…you’re not supposed to be here…you’re supposed to be in Hell!”
 
40.png
bedan_elite:
BEDAN: There is a paragraph you included in my “quote” that I did not write (the paragraph beginning “a few years ago”. Perhaps you might consider editing for clarity.
 
Amandil

You wrote, “God, since He is by definition omniscient, has already seen this event happen as He sees all events in time happen(hence the sentence is written by John in the past tense).”

Since God is Omniscient, God kew before creation itself that some would never come to repentance this side of breath.

Do you think that God took this into account, so to speak, when God was coming up with God’s Plan?

I wrote, “Some of the “power” worth having for us mere humans may concern this Lamb’s Book of Life and we don’t even see what is right in front of our very eyes.”

You replied, “I have no idea of even what you’re trying to say here.”

Don’t worry, if it comes to be you will find out.

You wrote, “You mean that modern “biblical scholars” now all ofc a sudden know more about God and what Jesus and Paul meant to say in the Scriptures than the Early Church Fathers or the Church herself?”

Paul did write that it was God’s Will that ALL be saved and Jesus is reported to have said, “When I am lifted up, I will draw EVERYONE to Myself”,are you saying that what these so simply seem to say simply don’t mean what they simply say?

I wrote, “and at every Mass there is a prayer, “God, have Mercy on us all”.”

You replied, “That’s called a petitionary prayer, not a guarantee of universal salvation.”

I guess that my petition would be that God is not the blood sucker that so many, not only believe God to be, but seem to hope and want God to be in some cases.

You then wrote, “At best you’ve deceived yourself into believing that you speak for God. Maybe you want to believe that you’re important or you want to matter.”

Actually, unless God cares for ALL than God cares for none.

In 2nd grade I was taught that we are all equal in God’s Eyes and I happen to believe this, so in God’s Eyes no one is more or less important than anyone else.

If the “highest goal” of any religion is to get oneself to heaven and not care about all of the rest of humanity that something is seriously wrong with either that religion or someone’s interpretation of that religion.
 
Doesn’t God want us to forgive others regardless of whether they ask our forgiveness?
Isn’t God’s mercy infinitely greater than ours?
Does God expect more from us than He is able to give to us?
Hell was created for the fallen angels.
I hope for and believe in universal salvation.
I believe in sin.
However, with our fallen nature how is man ever able to freely choose sin with full knowledge.
 
Amandil

You wrote, “God, since He is by definition omniscient, has already seen this event happen as He sees all events in time happen(hence the sentence is written by John in the past tense).”

Since God is Omniscient, God kew before creation itself that some would never come to repentance this side of breath.

Do you think that God took this into account, so to speak, when God was coming up with God’s Plan?
Absolutely He did. That’s why hell exists.
I wrote, “Some of the “power” worth having for us mere humans may concern this Lamb’s Book of Life and we don’t even see what is right in front of our very eyes.”
You replied, “I have no idea of even what you’re trying to say here.”
Don’t worry, if it comes to be you will find out.
Well, if you’re going to be so discourteous as to not explain what you mean by this rather cryptic statement, I’ll reply with this:

What is asserted without reason may be rejected without reason.
You wrote, “You mean that modern “biblical scholars” now all ofc a sudden know more about God and what Jesus and Paul meant to say in the Scriptures than the Early Church Fathers or the Church herself?”
Paul did write that it was God’s Will that ALL be saved …
(Sigh)…already refuted this. God permits the thwarting of His will due to His radical love and respect for our freedom.
…and Jesus is reported to have said, “When I am lifted up, I will draw EVERYONE to Myself”,are you saying that what these so simply seem to say simply don’t mean what they simply say?
(Sigh)…already refuted this as well. You’re confusing the Redemption with Salvation. The “drawing” of all men to His cross is to force all men to make the choice: either repent and accept the Gospel or reject it. It is not a guarantee of universal salvation. Your reading your preconceived ideas into the text.
I wrote, “and at every Mass there is a prayer, “God, have Mercy on us all”.”
You replied, “That’s called a petitionary prayer, not a guarantee of universal salvation.”
I guess that my petition would be that God is not the blood sucker that so many, not only believe God to be, but seem to hope and want God to be in some cases.
That’s called an ad-hominum(personal attack) as well as you putting words in my mouth.

Quote me the post where I said that I wanted God to be, or hope God to be, a “blood sucker”?

Or retract it and apologize.
You then wrote, “At best you’ve deceived yourself into believing that you speak for God. Maybe you want to believe that you’re important or you want to matter.”
Actually, unless God cares for ALL than God cares for none.
In 2nd grade I was taught that we are all equal in God’s Eyes and I happen to believe this, so in God’s Eyes no one is more or less important than anyone else.
The quote from Scripture is that “God shows no partiality…” Which means that God judges all according to what we have said and done in this life equally. Not that all are saved.

You’re confusing a liberalist idea of “indiscrimitedness”-the assumption that God doesn’t discriminate against anyone and will save everyone regardless of their rejection of God and their attachment to their sins-with impartiality-that God judges all equally according to His perfect standard.

God IS a discriminating lover, as any good lover is. He won’t suffer adultery of His spouse, He’ll let them have their way; thus hell exists.

Justice and mercy are BOTH aspects of God’s love, and God compromises neither. Those who reject God’s love in His gift of mercy will receive God’s love in the form of His justice.
If the “highest goal” of any religion is to get oneself to heaven and not care about all of the rest of humanity that something is seriously wrong with either that religion or someone’s interpretation of that religion.
Again putting words in my mouth. Quote where I said anything of the above.
 
. . . I hope for and believe in universal salvation.
I believe in sin.
However, with our fallen nature how is man ever able to freely choose sin with full knowledge.
You may have missed today’s Gospel reading:

Matt 25: 31-45 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
 
Doesn’t God want us to forgive others regardless of whether they ask our forgiveness?
A gift can’t be given if its neither asked for or accepted.
Isn’t God’s mercy infinitely greater than ours?
It is for those who ask for it. Many refuse.
Does God expect more from us than He is able to give to us?
No. But that’s not an issue. All are given sufficient grace to choose the good and reject what is evil. All are given sufficient grace to choose God.

Still many will go to their deaths refusing the gift of His mercy.
Hell was created for the fallen angels.
Not only. See Matthew 25 and Revelation 20. Jesus was rather explicit, “many” will choose “destruction” over God’s love.

Christ cannot lie.
I hope for and believe in universal salvation.
Its a false hope and a false belief. God has certain knowledge of those who will reject Him to their own eternal destruction.
I believe in sin.
However, with our fallen nature how is man ever able to freely choose sin with full knowledge.
We do it all the time. We know what is sin, we know its sinful, but we choose it anyway. God’s law is written onto all are hearts, and as I said above we are all given sufficient grace to choose not to sin.

We cannot have “full” knowledge because we are in time, that’s why we receive mercy because of the ignorance of our limited being.

If we had “full knowledge” of our sins, we’d be like Satan and his angels, who would understand the full implications for their sin and thus their wills are eternally set against God. There would be no possibility for forgiveness, and we would never ask for it. As with between those fallen angels and God there exists an eternal enmity.
 
Tom-

Perhaps you missed it, so I’ll ask again, do you have children of your own?
 
Amandil

You wrote, “Absolutely He did. That’s why hell exists.”

I agree with this answer but for completely different reasons than you, I would think.

As I have said, I have been to hell that is why I know that if one were to wake up in hell they would come to the realization that they built it themself and that they have no one but themself to blame and they do not know that they are getting out.

If hell were to last for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and … than this god of yours would be more of a blood sucker than the worst human being that has ever lived because a human being only has a limited amount of time to be “unnice”, shall we say, to another human being whereas even tho the person in question brought it (hell) on themself, for a God/god to let it go on for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and… is beyond my comprehension of a reprehensible being.

I, absolutely, reject your “conception” of god.

You wrote, “Well, if you’re going to be so discourteous as to not explain what you mean by this rather cryptic statement, I’ll reply with this: What is asserted without reason may be rejected without reason.”

I don’t “know” if what I think concerning the Lamb’s book of Life will come to pass and that is why I replied, “Don’t worry, if it comes to be you will find out”, as I have said many times I “know” a little, I am NOT a know-it-all.

You wrote, “That’s called an ad-hominum(personal attack) as well as you putting words in my mouth. Quote me the post where I said that I wanted God to be, or hope God to be, a “blood sucker”? Or retract it and apologize.”

In response to, “I guess that my petition would be that God is not the blood sucker that so many, not only believe God to be, but seem to hope and want God to be in some cases.”

I did not specifically say you or anyone else but if the shoe fits, it is your choice whether to wear it or throw it away.

As far as I am concerned, anyone, even if they have not experienced hell, that has thought about hell and and believing that hell lasts for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever … rather than the perfect fit for what one has done so that they can “see”, (I mean more than see in a physical sense) what they have done and eventually, one way or another, come around and doesn’t at least hope that God has come up with something since God “knew” before creation, this is why I came up with the term “blood sucker”.

How would you “know” that it is a “false hope” unless you are Omniscient?

As I said before, maybe we should at least hope for what we may think or other people say is unhope-able.

You wrote, “The quote from Scripture is that “God shows no partiality…” Which means that God judges all according to what we have said and done in this life equally. Not that all are saved.”

So are you saying that we all go to hell?

You also wrote, “Justice and mercy are BOTH aspects of God’s love, and God compromises neither. Those who reject God’s love in His gift of mercy will receive God’s love in the form of His justice.”

Thank God that it is “in the form of His justice” rather than ours.
 
You may have missed today’s Gospel reading:

Matt 25: 31-45 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Maybe you missed the shortened version yesterday’s 2nd reading:

"Brothers and sisters:
Through one man sin entered the world,
and through sin, death,
and thus death came to all men, inasmuch as all sinned.

For if, by the transgression of the one,
death came to reign through that one,
how much more will those who receive the abundance of grace
and of the gift of justification
come to reign in life through the one Jesus Christ.
In conclusion, just as through one transgression
condemnation came upon all,
so, through one righteous act,
acquittal and life came to all.
For just as through the disobedience of the one man
the many were made sinners,
so, through the obedience of the one,
the many will be made righteous."
 
Amandil

You wrote, “Absolutely He did. That’s why hell exists.”

I agree with this answer but for completely different reasons than you, I would think.

As I have said, I have been to hell
Let’s call a spade a spade. No you haven’t.
that is why I know that if one were to wake up in hell they would come to the realization that they built it themself and that they have no one but themself to blame and they do not know that they are getting out.
This demonstrates that you haven’t been to hell because you obviously don’t understand what hell is according to Sacred Tradition and Scripture.
If hell were to last for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and … than this god of yours would be more of a blood sucker than the worst human being that has ever lived because a human being only has a limited amount of time to be “unnice”, shall we say, to another human being whereas even tho the person in question brought it (hell) on themself, for a God/god to let it go on for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and… is beyond my comprehension of a reprehensible being.
This demonstrates that you don’t even have a proper working knowledge of soteriology (the theology of salvation).

I’ve explained this to you ad-nauseam. If you really and truly understood sin and hell, as you claim that you do, the concept of hell should be rather simple to get. Yet you continue to disbelieve, even when confronted with Jesus’s own words.
I, absolutely, reject your “conception” of god.
It’s not my “conception” of God. God is not dependent upon your “conception”.

The God I follow is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit professed in the Scriptures and the Creed of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

What I am concerned about is that since your opinions (your admission) don’t line up with with either the Scriptures or the Church that you have created a “god” after your own image and likeness.

Hence the God you reject is the God of truth, whereas the “god” you follow is the “god” of your opinion. Or else how do you explain the obvious discrepancies between your opinion and what Christ taught?
I don’t “know” if what I think concerning the Lamb’s book of Life will come to pass and that is why I replied, “Don’t worry, if it comes to be you will find out”, as I have said many times I “know” a little, I am NOT a know-it-all.
What is there not to know? Christ said that “many” will refuse salvation?

It follows then that “many” will not be in the Book of Life.

Who is not in it isn’t even our business. THAT it is true is a revealed fact.

What’s so hard to understand about that?
I did not specifically say you or anyone else but if the shoe fits, it is your choice whether to wear it or throw it away.
That statement says more about you than about me or anyone else who you seem to insist must share your heretical views.
As far as I am concerned, anyone, even if they have not experienced hell, that has thought about hell and and believing that hell lasts for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever … rather than the perfect fit for what one has done so that they can “see”, (I mean more than see in a physical sense) what they have done and eventually, one way or another, come around and doesn’t at least hope that God has come up with something since God “knew” before creation, this is why I came up with the term “blood sucker”.
No one is in hell, or will eventually be in hell, that either didn’t want to go there or didn’t know that that is/was precisely where they were going.

Wrap your head around that one.
How would you “know” that it is a “false hope” unless you are Omniscient?
Because God is omniscient, and He said so.
As I said before, maybe we should at least hope for what we may think or other people say is unhope-able.
I hope and pray that God’s will, not my opinion, be done. My hope has about as much power as God’s love to turn someone like Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, et.al. into Christians.

They, like all of us, have to ACCEPT God’s will and love. If they eternally refuse, then its by definition a false hope.
You wrote, “The quote from Scripture is that “God shows no partiality…” Which means that God judges all according to what we have said and done in this life equally. Not that all are saved.”
So are you saying that we all go to hell?
What an absurd question.
You also wrote, “Justice and mercy are BOTH aspects of God’s love, and God compromises neither. Those who reject God’s love in His gift of mercy will receive God’s love in the form of His justice.”
Thank God that it is “in the form of His justice” rather than ours.
Your form of “justice” is no justice at all. Your form of justice means that Christ died for nothing. Your form of justice belittles Christ’s sacrifice and makes mockery of the cross.

I’ve indulged your absurd statements and questions long enough. I’ve asked you twice now and have not received a response. So I’ll ask a third time: do you have children of your own?

And I want to follow that up with another: do you believe that it is better not to sin rather than to sin?

I’m not responding to any other comment until you answer those questions.

If you refuse to respond, well, that will tell me all I really need to know about you.
 
Maybe you missed the shortened version yesterday’s 2nd reading:

"Brothers and sisters:
Through one man sin entered the world,
and through sin, death,
and thus death came to all men, inasmuch as all sinned.

For if, by the transgression of the one,
death came to reign through that one,
how much more will those who receive the abundance of grace
and of the gift of justification
come to reign in life through the one Jesus Christ.
In conclusion, just as through one transgression
condemnation came upon all,
so, through one righteous act,
acquittal and life came to all.
For just as through the disobedience of the one man
the many were made sinners,
so, through the obedience of the one,
the many will be made righteous."
😃 I didn’t miss it.

👍 It is wonderful!

This does not contradict Matthew 25, but provides the context in which justice exists.
If an all-loving God condemns someone to hell, he deserves it.
 
Let’s call a spade a spade. No you haven’t.

This demonstrates that you haven’t been to hell because you obviously don’t understand what hell is according to Sacred Tradition and Scripture.

This demonstrates that you don’t even have a proper working knowledge of soteriology (the theology of salvation).

I’ve explained this to you ad-nauseam. If you really and truly understood sin and hell, as you claim that you do, the concept of hell should be rather simple to get. Yet you continue to disbelieve, even when confronted with Jesus’s own words.

It’s not my “conception” of God. God is not dependent upon your “conception”.

The God I follow is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit professed in the Scriptures and the Creed of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

What I am concerned about is that since your opinions (your admission) don’t line up with with either the Scriptures or the Church that you have created a “god” after your own image and likeness.

Hence the God you reject is the God of truth, whereas the “god” you follow is the “god” of your opinion. Or else how do you explain the obvious discrepancies between your opinion and what Christ taught?

What is there not to know? Christ said that “many” will refuse salvation?

It follows then that “many” will not be in the Book of Life.

Who is not in it isn’t even our business. THAT it is true is a revealed fact.

What’s so hard to understand about that?

That statement says more about you than about me or anyone else who you seem to insist must share your heretical views.

No one is in hell, or will eventually be in hell, that either didn’t want to go there or didn’t know that that is/was precisely where they were going.

Wrap your head around that one.

Because God is omniscient, and He said so.

I hope and pray that God’s will, not my opinion, be done. My hope has about as much power as God’s love to turn someone like Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, et.al. into Christians.

They, like all of us, have to ACCEPT God’s will and love. If they eternally refuse, then its by definition a false hope.

What an absurd question.

Your form of “justice” is no justice at all. Your form of justice means that Christ died for nothing. Your form of justice belittles Christ’s sacrifice and makes mockery of the cross.

I’ve indulged your absurd statements and questions long enough. I’ve asked you twice now and have not received a response. So I’ll ask a third time: do you have children of your own?

And I want to follow that up with another: do you believe that it is better not to sin rather than to sin?

I’m not responding to any other comment until you answer those questions.

If you refuse to respond, well, that will tell me all I really need to know about you.
Why would you need to know anything about me?

It is not about me, it is about God and what God did and is doing in God’s ongoing creation.
 
😃 I didn’t miss it.

👍 It is wonderful!

This does not contradict Matthew 25, but provides the context in which justice exists.
If an all-loving God condemns someone to hell, he deserves it.
In conclusion, just as through one transgression
condemnation came upon all,
so, through one righteous act,
acquittal and life came to all.

Righteous, being right with God, an act of God as in when God credited it as righteousness to Abraham.
 
Why would you need to know anything about me?
Why not? I’m not even asking for a detailed biography. Am simply asking if you’re a parent.

I am. And it has over the years taught me and given me tremendous perspective regarding Fatherhood in general.

It’s a simple question. Why can’t you answer it?
TomBaum:
It is not about me, it is about God and what God did and is doing in God’s ongoing creation.
What? This whole discussion has been about you and your opinions. You’re claiming that your opinions are prophetic and that supposedly God gave you a “job” to spread your opinions which are contrary to the revealed Deposit of Faith.

You seem to have no problem expressing those aspects of your person, that you learned “x” in second grade and that you apparently think that you have this divine mandate.

Yet you’re silent on a very simple question like "do you have children? "

It simply doesn’t make sense.

So are you a parent, or not?

And do you believe that it is better not to sin rather than to sin?
 
Why not? I’m not even asking for a detailed biography. Am simply asking if you’re a parent.

I am. And it has over the years taught me and given me tremendous perspective regarding Fatherhood in general.

It’s a simple question. Why can’t you answer it?
I have never raised any children and I don’t know if I have any.

Since you are a parent and as you said, “And it has over the years taught me and given me tremendous perspective regarding Fatherhood in general.”, doesn’t it seem way past cruel to punish someone for ever and ever and …, and then speak about how wonderful and kind and merciful this being is especially taking into consideration that this being knew before this someone was even created by this being that this is where this someone would be?
What? This whole discussion has been about you and your opinions. You’re claiming that your opinions are prophetic and that supposedly God gave you a “job” to spread your opinions which are contrary to the revealed Deposit of Faith.

You seem to have no problem expressing those aspects of your person, that you learned “x” in second grade and that you apparently think that you have this divine mandate.

Yet you’re silent on a very simple question like "do you have children? "

It simply doesn’t make sense.

So are you a parent, or not?

And do you believe that it is better not to sin rather than to sin?
As far as “This whole discussion has been about you and your opinions.”, actually some of it has been about what God has revealed to me and as far as any of that, that you will have to take up with God.

And as far as, "Yet you’re silent on a very simple question like “do you have children? " It simply doesn’t make sense.”, as I said this is about God not me but as a parent, do you think that any discipline (punishment, rightly deserved and justifiable) that you use on any of your children should last forever???

Do you think that you are more merciful toward your children than God is toward His chidlren?

I, personally, believe that it is a form of child abuse to not discipline a child and every child needs different discipline, not a one size fits all, that said, I do not believe that any parent should discipline their child for ever and ever and ever and any god that would, I can not see how anyone can say that that god is so merciful, so kind, so good, yet you seem to think and applaud this, do you or don’t you?

You can believe all that you want concerning what others say that you should believe but don’t you think about these things or do you just repeat what the doctrine or dogma is?

This is a scenario that I thought of quite a while ago: Imagine that you kick the bucket and you wake up in heaven and it is way better and way beyond your wildest dreams and you are just basking in all of this and you happen to look down and see your mother or your father, your husband or your wife, your sister or your brother, your son or your daughter, or your best friend in hell, how heavenly would this be then?

Things do NOT have to be theologically kosher for one to ponder, ponder this scenario and may your heart not be cold as ice and hard as a stone.
 
And do you believe that it is better not to sin rather than to sin?
The other post was getting kind of big and then I noticed I didn’t say anything about this.

One thing about “sinning” is that some, not all, sinners seem to not be as judgmental toward others as some “sinners” that seem to think of themself as just little sinners, as in their sins as not as “big” as others.

I think that it is better for one to attempt to live their life rather than to try and live other people’s lives for them.

I think it is better to learn from our sins and Jesus did seem to have a soft spot in His Heart for sinners rather than those that were self-righteous in their own eyes.

I have never met anyone personally that has never sinned, I might not know their sin but I have a sneaking suspicion that they have sinned.

As far as, “do you believe that it is better not to sin rather than to sin?”, sure it is better to not sin, just as it is better to follow the spirit of the law as opposed to the letter of the law but are any of us actually PERFECT, I’m not and I, for one, am hoping for and counting on God’s Mercy, not just for me but for everyone.
 
👍
The other post was getting kind of big and then I noticed I didn’t say anything about this.

One thing about “sinning” is that some, not all, sinners seem to not be as judgmental toward others as some “sinners” that seem to think of themself as just little sinners, as in their sins as not as “big” as others.

I think that it is better for one to attempt to live their life rather than to try and live other people’s lives for them.

I think it is better to learn from our sins and Jesus did seem to have a soft spot in His Heart for sinners rather than those that were self-righteous in their own eyes.

I have never met anyone personally that has never sinned, I might not know their sin but I have a sneaking suspicion that they have sinned.

As far as, “do you believe that it is better not to sin rather than to sin?”, sure it is better to not sin, just as it is better to follow the spirit of the law as opposed to the letter of the law but are any of us actually PERFECT, I’m not and I, for one, am hoping for and counting on God’s Mercy, not just for me but for everyone.
👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top