HIV, AIDS cases rise among U.S. gay, bisexual men

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
jlw:
Teaching HOW TO HAVE SEX is not the business of the public schools!!

).
Sheesh, thanks for someone FINALLY stating the obvious. Why are schools even getting involved in detailed sex education? Because this is a private matter and because different people have different attitudes regarding sexual matters, it should not even be a part of school curriculum.

It’s one thing to have a clinical discussion of how mammals reproduce in Biology class. It’s quite another to try to teach attitudes such as with respect to premarital sex, birth control, homosexuality, etc.

The reason schools WANT to teach this is to further the liberal secular agenda and indoctrinate children into what they should be thinking and doing.

Lisa N

40.png
jlw:
Teaching HOW TO HAVE SEX is not the business of the public schools!!

Puleeeeeeese!! Comparitive religion?? Only on college campuses.
In high school, religion is hardly touched, unless in a historical context (and usually in a slanted way).
I suppose it’s impossible to teach the mechanics of sex without imparting the knowledge of how to do it. So what? Most kids used to grow up on farms. Think they were in the dark?

But, I really have to ask who is so dumb that they can’t figure out how to do it on their own. There was a news story last year about a couple who went to a fertility expert because she wasn’t pregnant. The story said both had atended fundamentalist schools, and didn’t know the mechanics. Who knows?

When I speak of social science dealing with various views on sex, I see them doing so in the same way they might deal with various views on government, economy, and ecology. Different views exist. We can say what they are.

I used comparitive religion to illustrate that the ACLU has never complained about surveys of social attitudes.

Island Oak:
Fortunately someone divine has.

Thank goodness–something we can agree on!

Weak effort, at best. Yes, the schools can do the biology, maybe
better than most of us. But I think you need to be honest in your evaluation of exactly what it is they take on in teaching human sexuality. Including “various outlooks in social science” sounds nice and might work for implementing a desegregation plan or integrating special needs into a curriculum, but falls far short with something as personal and value-laden as sexual morality.
One of the views about sex that could be identified is the one that holds sex to be very personal and value-laden. That’s fair.

40.png
Zoot:
One of the views about sex that could be identified is the one that holds sex to be very personal and value-laden. That’s fair.
Yeah. Because it’s objectively TRUE.

But relativists like you don’t believe in objective truth.

Lisa N:
Sheesh, thanks for someone FINALLY stating the obvious. Why are schools even getting involved in detailed sex education? Because this is a private matter and because different people have different attitudes regarding sexual matters, it should not even be a part of school curriculum.

It’s one thing to have a clinical discussion of how mammals reproduce in Biology class. It’s quite another to try to teach attitudes such as with respect to premarital sex, birth control, homosexuality, etc.

The reason schools WANT to teach this is to further the liberal secular agenda and indoctrinate children into what they should be thinking and doing.

Lisa N
What is so private about sex? It’s how about 6 billion of us got here.

40.png
jlw:
Yeah. Because it’s objectively TRUE.

But relativists like you don’t believe in objective truth.
I’d recommend that the social science course teach that some people think it is objectively true that sex is very personal and value-laden.

Of course, some kid might then ask what is the difference between something being true and something being objectively true.

40.png
Zoot:
Do you think most of these conceptions were public events?

Lisa N

40.png
Zoot:
Then we should make it public? Why don’t we just bring it out into the streets then? :rolleyes: Oh wait, I think they’ve already done that in San Francisco.

40.png
JMJ_Pinoy:
Then we should make it public? Why don’t we just bring it out into the streets then? :rolleyes: Oh wait, I think they’ve already done that in San Francisco.
Only in liberal-la-la-land. :rotfl:

40.png
JMJ_Pinoy:
Is it important to be first?

Zoot, are you interested in a discussion here?

Or just banter to rile up religious conservatives?? 😉

40.png
jlw:
Zoot, are you interested in a discussion here?

Or just banter to rile up religious conservatives?? 😉
Here’s your last post.

Only in liberal-la-la-land. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back