Not open for further replies.
40.png
misericordie:
The most traditional habit I have ever seen too. NOT!!:rolleyes:
http://server2.uploadit.org/files/Juggernaut-vows.jpg

šŸ˜›

40.png
Brad:
By the way, it is still the Eucharist if you receive in a state of mortal sin - that is why it is another mortal sin to do so. Our sins do not take Jesus away. Jesus takes away our sins.
No, it is not. Theologically transubstansiation is the changing of the bread and wine into the body and blood of our lord. It is an invisible event not seen or understood by man. The reverse is also true. It can change back to bread and wine IF GOD WISHES IT. The teaching of the church is very simple, those in a state of mortal sin who recieve the eucharist DO NOT, for the instant it touches their mouth or hands it is no longer the body and blood of Our Lord. To follow your logic to its ultimate, anyone who stole the Eucharsit for satanic purposes is then using the Body and Blood of Our Lord for evil purposes, that is not possible therefore whatever they have it CANNOT be the eucharist.

Mortal sin is also a little more difficult than many imagine. Three things must be in operation for a mortal sin to be commited.

1. *]There must be intent to carry out the sin with knowledge of its impact. i.e. conscious effort.
    *]The must be knowledge that carrying out the act is an intentional effort to move away from God.
    *]There must be knowledge that the act itself is a sin.

Suggest you read more about Moral Theology, might help.

40.png
Norwich:
No, it is not. Theologically transubstansiation is the changing of the bread and wine into the body and blood of our lord. It is an invisible event not seen or understood by man. The reverse is also true. It can change back to bread and wine IF GOD WISHES IT. The teaching of the church is very simple, those in a state of mortal sin who recieve the eucharist DO NOT, for the instant it touches their mouth or hands it is no longer the body and blood of Our Lord. To follow your logic to its ultimate, anyone who stole the Eucharsit for satanic purposes is then using the Body and Blood of Our Lord for evil purposes, that is not possible therefore whatever they have it CANNOT be the eucharist.

Mortal sin is also a little more difficult than many imagine. Three things must be in operation for a mortal sin to be commited.

1. *]There must be intent to carry out the sin with knowledge of its impact. i.e. conscious effort.
    *]The must be knowledge that carrying out the act is an intentional effort to move away from God.

1. I do believe that you are mistaken. You need to read what St. Paul said in his letter to the Corinthians.
    1 Cor 11: 29-30 "For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks judgment on himself. That is why many among you are ill and infirm, and a considerable number are dying. "

Satanist, of which I am a former self-professed, do not ā€œuseā€ the Eucharist for ā€œevil purposesā€ like potions or hexes if thatā€™s what you think. For one they desecrate the hosts by defecating or urinating upon them. They also use the hosts in sexual practices with animals & infants.

If you have an actual quote from church teachings that say that the Eucharist changes depending on the state of the recievers soul then Iā€™d like to see that. I donā€™t really believe that there is one, but if you can find one Iā€™d be surprised.

So, by your explanation of mortal sin: if a girl has an abortion not knowing fully that it is a mortal sin then itā€™s not all that serious?
    I believe that this idea of degrees of sin is a bit of a cop-out for some people, ā€œI might be a thief, but at least Iā€™m not a murdererā€ :rolleyes:

40.png
Norwich:

1. Iā€™d like to see an actual quote from church teachings to support your reply.

Dj Roy Albert:
So, by your explanation of mortal sin: if a girl has an abortion not knowing fully that it is a mortal sin then itā€™s not all that serious?
I believe that this idea of degrees of sin is a bit of a cop-out for some people, ā€œI might be a thief, but at least Iā€™m not a murdererā€ :rolleyes:
It is a mortal sin to miss Mass on Sundayā€™s. But, if your not Catholic but in communion with the Anglican Church which we accept as a sister religion, are they commiting mortal sin by not being at Mass? Obviously not because they are not aware that it is a mortal sin!!! |As I said a mortal sin HAS to be a concious effort to move away from God. Your abortion theory is the same, if the girl is not aware of the Churches and Gods teaching then No! she is not commiting mortal sin.

As I said, try Moral Theology. Makes for very interesting and enlightening reading and study.

40.png
Norwich:
No, it is not. Theologically transubstansiation is the changing of the bread and wine into the body and blood of our lord. It is an invisible event not seen or understood by man. The reverse is also true. It can change back to bread and wine IF GOD WISHES IT. The teaching of the church is very simple, those in a state of mortal sin who recieve the eucharist DO NOT, for the instant it touches their mouth or hands it is no longer the body and blood of Our Lord.
Please provide proof.
To follow your logic to its ultimate, anyone who stole the Eucharsit for satanic purposes is then using the Body and Blood of Our Lord for evil purposes,
They do, they have and they will.
that is not possible
It certainly is possible.
Mortal sin is also a little more difficult than many imagine.
Untrue. It can happen in an instant.

40.png
Norwich:
It is a mortal sin to miss Mass on Sundayā€™s. But, if your not Catholic but in communion with the Anglican Church which we accept as a sister religion, are they commiting mortal sin by not being at Mass? Obviously not because they are not aware that it is a mortal sin!!! |As I said a mortal sin HAS to be a concious effort to move away from God. Your abortion theory is the same, if the girl is not aware of the Churches and Gods teaching then No! she is not commiting mortal sin.

As I said, try Moral Theology. Makes for very interesting and enlightening reading and study.
Abortion is objectively a sin. How culpable one may be, venial VS mortal, depends on 3 things. Now, many want to make ignorance a sacrament, that is they want to make it an easy excuse these days. We know baseball statistics back to the 1950s, yet we want to claim we are ingnorant of the basics of our faith. No sale. The Church teaches we are under a SERIOUS obligation to learn the faith. We each will have much to answer for.

40.png
fix:
Abortion is objectively a sin. How culpable one may be, venial VS mortal, depends on 3 things. Now, many want to make ignorance a sacrament, that is they want to make it an easy excuse these days. We know baseball statistics back to the 1950s, yet we want to claim we are ingnorant of the basics of our faith. No sale. The Church teaches we are under a SERIOUS obligation to learn the faith. We each will have much to answer for.
quite right too, but, youā€™ve forgotten the operative word WE not them. If we sin in full knowledge of the consequences then yes, it is a mortal sin, but to sin in ignorance of a sin cannot be a sin. To be forgiven of our sins they must be confessed but, if you donā€™t know youā€™ve sinned how can you confess it? Again abortion is not objectively a sin if the ā€œaborteeā€ (for want of a better word) does not know it is a sin. This argument does not condone abortion but it also does not condemn those who do not know that abortion is wrong in the eyes of God.

40.png
Norwich:

1. What moral theology book are you reading?

Can you provide any Church sources for what you are suggesting?

What you are saying is Church teaching (those in a state of mortal sin who recieve the eucharist DO NOT, for the instant it touches their mouth or hands it is no longer the body and blood of Our Lord), I have never seen or heard as Church teaching.

Further, those that steal the Eucharist need a consecrated host. If it was no longer the Body and Blood of the Lord, then why would this be necessary?

Well done fix, youā€™ve managed in one easy swoop to lower God and Our Lord to the level of the devil.

You are asserting that when satanists take the Eucharist (the Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ) to use in whatever ritual they like it is still the Body and Blood of Our Lord, that he is taking part in a satanic ritual.

I donā€™t know where your logic comes from but I suspect you may find itā€™s a little (second thoughts, make that a lot) faulty.

40.png
Norwich:
Well done fix, youā€™ve managed in one easy swoop to lower God and Our Lord to the level of the devil.

You are asserting that when satanists take the Eucharist (the Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ) to use in whatever ritual they like it is still the Body and Blood of Our Lord, that he is taking part in a satanic ritual.

I donā€™t know where your logic comes from but I suspect you may find itā€™s a little (second thoughts, make that a lot) faulty.
Are you kidding? Please cite one reference to support your novel claim.

40.png
Norwich:

There is few and far between girls that do not know that
  1. abortion is killing
  2. killing is a sin
There is plenty of dissenting moral theologians out there. Not all of them are in line with the Church. Many are working in the hope that the Church will modify Her moral teachings.

40.png
Norwich:
quite right too, but, youā€™ve forgotten the operative word WE not them. If we sin in full knowledge of the consequences then yes, it is a mortal sin, but to sin in ignorance of a sin cannot be a sin. To be forgiven of our sins they must be confessed but, if you donā€™t know youā€™ve sinned how can you confess it? Again abortion is not objectively a sin if the ā€œaborteeā€ (for want of a better word) does not know it is a sin. This argument does not condone abortion but it also does not condemn those who do not know that abortion is wrong in the eyes of God.
Abortion is intrinsically evil. It is a sin no matter what. One may be less culpable due to lack of knowledge, but it is still objectively sinful under any circumstance.

40.png
Brad:
Further, those that steal the Eucharist need a consecrated host. If it was no longer the Body and Blood of the Lord, then why would this be necessary?
So our Lord who by his wonder and Grace changes the Bread and Wine into His Body and Blood in the Eucharist allows himself to be used in satanic rituals in praise of the devil?

Logic?

40.png
Norwich:

God was used for bad when He was crucified. So it can and does happen. God is used for bad when people take His name in vain. God is used for bad when people quote scripture to justify evil actions. Fortunately for us, God uses all things for good in the long-run.

Do you have a source for this teaching the consecrated hosts become unconsecrated based on what human beings do or is it just Norwich theology?

40.png
Norwich:
Perhaps someone more knowledgable than I can correct me? Abortion is intrinsically evil. It is objectively sinful under any circumstance. The degree of guilt would depend on full knowledge and consent, but it is still a sin no matter what. I am open to correction.

40.png
Norwich:
So our Lord who by his wonder and Grace changes the Bread and Wine into His Body and Blood in the Eucharist allows himself to be used in satanic rituals in praise of the devil?

Logic?
Our Lord allowed His Body to be used a little over 2000 years ago and the devil laughed with delight. 3 days later, He rose from the dead. God prevails but Iā€™m afraid you are understimating the power of Satan, evil, and sin.

God gave us free will. We must choose wisely.

40.png
fix:
Perhaps someone more knowledgable than I can correct me? Abortion is intrinsically evil. It is objectively sinful under any circumstance. The degree of guilt would depend on full knowledge and consent, but it is still a sin no matter what. I am open to correction.
I think the degree of guilt affects whether it is a mortal sin or not.

40.png
Norwich:
I used the word we. You seem to have forgotten that. Perhaps someone can correct my reasoning? Abortion is intrinsically evil. It is always a sin. The degree of culpability depends on full knowledge and consent, but it is a sin objectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back