D
Debora123
Guest
I think kissing is perfectly ok in a committed, monogamous relationship.
right,but isn’t there a question as to whether this is a committed relationship ?I think kissing is perfectly ok in a committed, monogamous relationship.
I think kissing is perfectly ok in a committed, monogamous relationship.
This link addresses this issue:
…
So it’s not something one should be doing with someone he or she is not at all sure to be with, cos it could be misleading…
…isn’t there a question as to whether this is a committed relationship ?
Sure, but I wasn’t referring to THIS relationship. I was just making a general statement in regards to kissing.right,but isn’t there a question as to whether this is a committed relationship ?
Some Catholics will agree with me about kissing, others will disagree.
Praying for you.Please pray for me: I’m going to give her “the talk” soon. I’m not very good at this, and she is incredibly deeply in love with me and attracted to me. Who knows? When I see her I may not have the nerve? Or maybe I’ll chicken out at the last minute and just focus on her stellar personality and change my mind. Oh, Lord, I am so confused. None of this is fun.

To be honest, to someone with weight issues and sensitivities I don’t think that would make a huge difference. Although perhaps if you can point this out as there being something wrong with you instead of with her, such as bringing up the fact that it is not just weight, but grey hair and wrinkles as well, that you have a problem with and so that this is an issue you should probably work through on your own before thinking of marrying, it might go over a little better.Praying for you.
I wouldn’t focus on “not being attracted to her” if you do decide to break it off. Perhaps, something along the lines of “I thing you are an amazing person, but I feel sisterly love for you more than romantic love.”
Honestly, I don’t think the OP should talk to her about physical appearances at all… he should just say he’s not feeling the chemistry/spark and leave it at that.To be honest, to someone with weight issues and sensitivities I don’t think that would make a huge difference. Although perhaps if you can point this out as there being something wrong with you instead of with her, such as bringing up the fact that it is not just weight, but grey hair and wrinkles as well, that you have a problem with and so that this is an issue you should probably work through on your own before thinking of marrying, it might go over a little better.
(by the way OP, I’m not bringing this up to badger you or paint you as an evil horrible person or anything, its just another perspective that hasn’t been brought up for you to think about.)
Yes, I guess I didn’t quite phrase it the best way either.Honestly, I don’t think the OP should talk to her about physical appearances at all… he should just say he’s not feeling the chemistry/spark and leave it at that.
You can write it down on a piece of paper and give it to her.Please pray for me: I’m going to give her “the talk” soon. I’m not very good at this, and she is incredibly deeply in love with me and attracted to me. Who knows? When I see her I may not have the nerve? Or maybe I’ll chicken out at the last minute and just focus on her stellar personality and change my mind. Oh, Lord, I am so confused. None of this is fun.
Don’t.Or maybe I’ll chicken out at the last minute and just focus on her stellar personality and change my mind. Oh, Lord, I am so confused. None of this is fun.
And some Catholics disagree with the fact that ABC is wrong, and that abortion is wrong, etc etc… but anyways, this is a tangent.Some Catholics will agree with me about kissing, others will disagree.
Find me something in any Church document that directly says “pre marital kissing is intrinsically evil” and I will put it on the same level as abortion.And some Catholics disagree with the fact that ABC is wrong, and that abortion is wrong, etc etc… but anyways, this is a tangent.
Do you know of a formal or any collection of Church documents?Find me something in any Church document
I’m just saying that just because different people hold different opinions, it does not mean they are all right. Abortion and ABC are clearly intrinsically evil according to our Teachings, yet there are Catholics that choose to ignore this and hold a different “opinion”. If they can be wrong about things that are clearly spelled out, why can they not be wrong about things that moral theologians and priests that are loyal to the Magisterium, with their consciences well formed, have stated (based on documents of the Church eg, Catechism, etc)?Find me something in any Church document that directly says “pre marital kissing is intrinsically evil” and I will put it on the same level as abortion.![]()
Try the Vatican website.Do you know of a formal or any collection of Church documents?