M
Mick_Taylor
Guest
No, the Catholic church’s position is that there is no salvation outside of the Catholic church. That means that only Catholics can be saved…I, and numerous others, have already done this. The Catholic position is that there is no salvation outside of the Church.
So you think that the “bride of Christ” consists of both saved and unsaved, the sheep AND the goats! In what sense do you say the goats are married (united) to Christ?But like I mentioned before, the Church isn’t just the collection of the saved, a you erroneously hold.
And I’ve never tried to characterize your belief in such a way.So we don’t hold it’s simply sufficient to be in the Church to be saved.
No, I’m not saying that your inconsistency is necessarily a logical inconsistency. I’m saying that it is inconsistent with Scripture. Jesus said, “I am the way.” But the Catholic church tells us, “We (the Catholic church) are the way.” I showed you how one passage (John 10:1-10) would read if God had intended to teach your error of “no salvation outside the CC.”Numerous people have explained this to you in various ways. You’re just being bizarre, imputing bad faith here. We’ve laid out a solid case, and you’ve done nothing to disprove it. Remember, your original claim is that our view is logically impossible, given John 14:6. Even if you still think we’re wrong, I don’t think you can sat with a straight face that our position is logically impossible.
What, in your opinion, am I to make of your attempts–involving serious distortions of what both sides are saying here, just so you can glorify men and a particular religion instead of glorifying God? What should I think based on these things?Again, with the assuming bad faith. For shame!
You will not find me treating others in an unkind or unfair manner. But please keep in mind that if you resort to distorting what has been said, I might need to set the record straight. And I will do so with charity, but also with firmness and conviction.First, learn to treat others with charity if you’re going to carry the title of Christian.
No. The bride of Christ consists only of saved people.Second, you claimed that all the saved are members of the Bride of Christ earlier. Do you now recant this?
It is the Catholic view that reverses the cause of salvation and its effects. It is ME that has consistently rejected your belief that there is no salvation outside of the Catholic church. No one needs to be in the Catholic church to obtain the free gift of salvation. Again, if you can prove that I’m wrong, then by all means, go ahead and prove it!Again, you seem to be confusing membership in the Churh as a condition of salvation v. it being the CAUSE of salvation.