I am much the same way. While I am a registered Republican I do not see myself ever voting for a Democratic candidate for federal office or for a high level state office in my state. Not with this current Democratic party’s goals and ambitions.
I could have seen myself voting for someone like JFK (had I been old enough). The pro-life issue is a big one for me. I could never make myself vote for a pro-choice candidate no matter what. What the Democratic party stands for goes against so much of Christian morals & values, especially Catholic Christian, I would feel so much shame going before God if I had supported that party.
I know the Republican party is not perfect, I know they have their flaws also, I know there are Republican members in government who support abortion but the party as a whole has not taken on the pro-abortion stance that the Democrats have.
Yes we will have the “whatabout?” posters who will try to justify their position with calling out Trump on some comment or issue of the past. I do not like all of Trump’s past behaviors, I do not care for some of his comments, (and they are not the ones the liberal media has twisted to suit their headline of the day), however, I repentance in Trump for his past behavior, something I don’t believe most Democrats are capable of.
To all of you who will mock me for this post…remember, that says much more about your character than mine.