Is it a sin to smoke weed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Adam1996
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I repeat…you will find very few Catholic priests who will tell you it’s okay to smoke weed just to relax and catch a mellow buzz. 🤷
That’s your version. Maybe some believe most people drink vodka because they like the taste of the actual alcohol, but we know it’s because it mixes well with certain beverages and causes relaxation, better know as a buzz.

Again, the buzz of alcohol is okay, but the buzz of weed to some isn’t.
 
No, I am NOT incorrect. Smoking pot to get high is wrong, just as consuming alcohol to “catch a buzz” is wrong. Both are abuse.
Then religion, faith and even God should be in the wrong category for been abusive… Or have you not spend a whole life following the word?

I just put it in this way and yes I do NOT do any drugs… If it is a cause of you getting hurt some how, physically, mentally or others… Why you do it, personally I think the feeling of “weed” is stupid, not to be in control of yourself and feel like an idiot is not something I enjoy.

Not to mention that any dependency or addiction is not good and in if we talk about from the religious point is consider yes a sin… “I wonder if we are addicted to go to church every Sunday (sometimes people go more during the week, depending how bad their internal sould feels…), why is not consider a sin?”

Anyways God bless and I hope I helped…
 
He already did talk to a priest, on this very thread. And refused to listen to him.
Don’t speak for me. One priest or even fifty priests are opinions, and valuable ones, but fifty more may see it different. I would guess marijuana with it’s negative cultural connotations (like alcohol doesn’t have any:rolleyes:) would be more likely to be frowned upon.

Alcohol is a substance, a chemical. So is THC. Two drinks on an empty stomach (or even full) can give the desired effects of alcohol (again, unless most people are secretly drinking scotch purely for the flavor), and a measured amount of weed causes a buzz as well. One is supposedly a sin (weed) while the other by some is moderately imbibed on weekends and functions with no uproar. The basic effects of alcohol (relaxation, mood change) are sought by many having a drink or two. Someone wanting to relax with a few hits of a joint after work should not be looked at differently. Many are doing just that (and you may know them) but they don’t reveal it because of the condemnation of certain folks.

Getting drunk or stoned is wrong. The issue with pot is that it is absorbed differently.
 
Don’t speak for me. One priest or even fifty priests are opinions, and valuable ones, but fifty more may see it different.
I really, really doubt that you could find fifty priests who would support your way of thinking on this…or forty…or thirty…or twenty…or ten…or…
 
I really, really doubt that you could find fifty priests who would support your way of thinking on this…or forty…or thirty…or twenty…or ten…or…
It’s a big world, so since I can probably get even you to admit you haven’t meet every priest, bishop or cardinal on the surface of the earth, it stands as opinion. But your probably right , most would not agree due to marijuana’s seedy reputation.

In addition, you keep skating around the purposeful effects of alcohol. Is it your contention that the thousands or more people that drink alcohol not to drunkenness are in sin? If a man or woman has two scotches after work to relax and feel a mild sense of “euphoria”, they are sinning?

It is the abuse of these substances that is evil. Who has all kinds of problems. “Surely those that pass their time and study (or linger) over wine” Proverbs 23:30

“Wine is a luxurious thing, and drunkenness riotous: whoever is delighted in such (or led astray) is not wise.”
 
In addition, you keep skating around the purposeful effects of alcohol.
I am skating around nothing. But it sure seems that you are trying to justify some type of casual use for marijuana. How odd. We are not to get intoxicated…Scripture tells us it is a sin. Marijuana is so potent, that its intoxicating effects will be powerful after only one inhale. In addition, in most places it is illegal. Virtually every priest will tell you it is a confessable sin…so I am not understanding why you continue to attempt to defend and justify it. :hmmm:
 
I am skating around nothing. But it sure seems that you are trying to justify some type of casual use for marijuana. How odd. We are not to get intoxicated…Scripture tells us it is a sin. Marijuana is so potent, that its intoxicating effects will be powerful after only one inhale. In addition, in most places it is illegal. Virtually every priest will tell you it is a confessable sin…so I am not understanding why you continue to attempt to defend and justify it. :hmmm:
Do you justify casual use for alcohol? I’m speaking of where marijuana is legal as well. Why are you still talking about intoxication? Technically you are intoxicated with alcohol in you, but you may not be drunk, so the law takes no action… Not all marijuana is of the same potency and “so potent”.

Xananx is potent and has dependency possibilities as well as unwanted side effects. Many pharmaceuticals get you “high” while performing the desired gain or are supposed to take you out of your status quo state.
 
Do you justify casual use for alcohol?
A glass of wine with dinner is not intoxicating. Marijuana is intoxicating on the first inhale…there is no way to control it and it is illegal.
If you are drinking alcohol to get drunk it is a sin.
If you are smoking weed to get high…it is a sin.
One can drink and not get drunk and have no intention of getting drunk.
One cannot smoke weed and not get high.
I’m speaking of where marijuana is legal as well.
Doesn’t matter.
Why are you still talking about intoxication? Technically you are intoxicated with alcohol in you, but you may not be drunk, so the law takes no action.
Wrong. Intoxication is drunkeness.
Not all marijuana is of the same potency and “so potent”.
So you are talking about the non-potent marijuana? :rolleyes:
One inhale and you are high…intoxicated.
Xananx is potent and has dependency possibilities as well as unwanted side effects. Many pharmaceuticals get you “high” while performing the desired gain or are supposed to take you out of your status quo state.
Xanax is prescribed for anxiety. If THC is prescribed for medical purposes…such as nausea due to chemotherapy…then the individual would have to take it up with his/her confessor.

Otherwise…it is a sin and that is what your Church teaches.
 
A glass of wine with dinner is not intoxicating. Marijuana is intoxicating on the first inhale…there is no way to control it and it is illegal.
Doesn’t matter.
Wrong. Intoxication is drunkeness.
So you are talking about the non-potent marijuana? :rolleyes:
One inhale and you are high…intoxicated.
Xanax is prescribed for anxiety. If THC is prescribed for medical purposes…such as nausea due to chemotherapy…then the individual would have to take it up with his/her confessor.

Otherwise…it is a sin and that is what your Church teaches.
What massive confusion. Do you read the posts? You think everyone is only having one glass of wine with dinner? What if they have two and feel some effect? Are they in sin?

Every person having two or three beers at the weekend barbeque is sinning? If they are feeling some effect of alcohol, they are in sin? You seem not to know that the potency of marijuana can be adapted in the growing process, it is quite common and has been for decades.

No, not one hit and your high with super pot. I said the opposite. Low THC levels, enough to cause the equivelant of low amounts of alcohol. Weed is NOT illegal EVERYWHERE, and I will say it only one more time, where IT IS illegal your breaking the law and that is wrong. Alcohol is intoxicating on the first imbibing as well, it depends on the levels and the law.

Pharaceutical drugs change you as much as marijuana and can certainly get you “high”.
 
A glass of wine with dinner is not intoxicating. Marijuana is intoxicating on the first inhale…there is no way to control it and it is illegal.
If you are drinking alcohol to get drunk it is a sin.
If you are smoking weed to get high…it is a sin.
One can drink and not get drunk and have no intention of getting drunk.
One cannot smoke weed and not get high.
Doesn’t matter.
Wrong. Intoxication is drunkeness.
So you are talking about the non-potent marijuana? :rolleyes:
One inhale and you are high…intoxicated.
Xanax is prescribed for anxiety. If THC is prescribed for medical purposes…such as nausea due to chemotherapy…then the individual would have to take it up with his/her confessor.

Otherwise…it is a sin and that is what your Church teaches.
You my friend have obviously never attended a Catholic (Irish, Italian take your pick) wedding reception…just saying:shrug:
 
Otherwise…it is a sin and that is what your Church teaches.
He’s ***ordained ***everybody. Please stop challenging the priest! :mad: Obedience is a virtue. A virtue.

No one is surprised to hear that there are abuses. Or are you all waiting for a bishop to amble in here?

Not cool. I came in here earlier to share my experiences, but at the end of the day I do what I’m told.
 
Every person having two or three beers at the weekend barbeque is sinning?
I think you are okay as long as you’re not intoxicated.
If they are feeling some effect of alcohol, they are in sin?
If they are intoxicated.
You seem not to know that the potency of marijuana can be adapted in the growing process, it is quite common and has been for decades.
The potency of marijuana today is very high…you are high (intoxicated) after one inhale. But even if you did find a “low potency” form…your intention to get high would still be sinful.
Low THC levels, enough to cause the equivelant of low amounts of alcohol.
Nonsense…it is a sin and that is what your Church teaches…you need to be obedient.
 
He’s ***ordained ***everybody. Please stop challenging the priest! :mad: Obedience is a virtue. A virtue.

No one is surprised to hear that there are abuses. Or are you all waiting for a bishop to amble in here?

Not cool. I came in here earlier to share my experiences, but at the end of the day I do what I’m told.
The priest is on this forum and therefor subject to all the rules of engagement that apply. Nothing offensive has been said to him. This is a debate, and I still haven’t been shown that having a couple of beers or a drink is sinful. One feels different with alcohol in them. Not drunkenness.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top