Here is something I have been thinking about all week. This parable is about The rich man and Lazarus. Now the Rich man at this point in the game is not the question any longer.
The point is this, in the OT they prayed for the Dead also. Just like we do today. That is a fact. Now Where was Lazarus. Regardless of the fact he was not in Heaven, And he was not in hell. Easy, Hell is total separation with God. Heaven is completely UNITED with God. So back to square one where was Lazarus and Abraham? Rather purgatory is a state or place does not matter. The fact of the Matter and the point of this whole thread is this, there is a middle place. Or OTHER place. And this parables proves this.
There is no way that this takes away in any part the Death of our Lord, he died for our sins so we could live. How do we know this because with sin, brings death. Jesus took that away. Jesus preached to the souls in Prison… I am sure he baptised them there. Again in Prison, is it hell, or Heaven, Answer could not be neither. Another PLACE. POINT OF PARABLE IMO. One point of many point may I add.
Now If someone could show me teaching that the purgatory of today the cleansing of our souls, because nothing unclean can enter heaven and the Cleansing of the souls in the OT is not the same thing please show me the teachings.
If you cannot, then it shows the Point. There is another place. There was then and there is now.
One because it said it in the OT. Hades was a waiting and cleansing place or state does not matter. And purgatory is also a wating and cleasing state.
How do I know because it is the teaching of the RCC that purgatory does indeed exist. The Pope does in fact agree with this teaching. So we must obey the teaching of our Pope.
So until someone can show me the teaching that the cleansing place did not exist then, and does not exist today I have to say this could still be proof there is another state, back then and today.
Thany you and now I have a game to Watch. God Bless!