Mocking those who are religious

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoeShlabotnik
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
More false equivalence. Trump says something bad. But all those lousy Democrats are badder.
But thanks for playing pile on.
You recognize a false equivalence but not something so simple as bias?

One person is uncharitable in their words. The people they stand against support abortion on demand, and are uncharitable in their words (not just their deeds). Apologies if the call-out game is offensive, but I think we have larger concerns, such as infanticide and religious liberty, to concern ourselves with then “this article’s headline says Trump is mean about religion, but the article itself also says he doesn’t really discuss it”.
 
I am just saying that to his supporters, Trump can do no wrong.
Trump has said in the past that he could shoot a person dead at Time Square in New York City and his people would be good with it. That pretty much says everything.
 
You choose to concern yourself with President Trump. Most of us here are more concerned with abortion than a person’s tongue.
 
Whenever there is any story that is negative about trump, it is always “a hit piece.” Come on, Man
Odd thing is… I didn’t Vote 4 Trump = And? Fahgheddabout Hillary…

Admit it - We don’t live in an Either-Or — Repub vs Democrat Reality…

I think? he’ll get re-elected…

And those who are slaves to the Dem Party might just have another cosmic nervous breakdown

_
 
Last edited:
And that is why we are a country so divided.
You are more concerned with abortion than with civility between human beings.
I have said it before and I will repeat. I do not like abortion.
But I will not vote for a person like Donald Trump just because he is against abortion.
 
I agree that Trump will get elected. And when that happens, this country will totally come unraveled.
We all ready see that he is trying to weaponize the DOJ and FBI.
He needs is Catholics to get him re-elected. But once re-elected, he will begin to trash the Catholic Church. He befriends people, he uses them, and then he tosses them under the bus. That’s his M O.
 
I agree that Trump will get elected. And when that happens, this country will totally come unraveled.
We all ready see that he is trying to weaponize the DOJ and FBI.
He needs is Catholics to get him re-elected. But once re-elected, he will begin to trash the Catholic Church. He befriends people, he uses them, and then he tosses them under the bus. That’s his M O.
I’m not saying that that is not so . or is so.

That said, I pay extremely little attention to domestic politics
in the sense of rabidly following the daily Snooze re: Its Mesmerizing Focus Upon Trump…

SOME of The Jewish State of Israel appears to adore Trump…

And some Christian Zionists - do as well - in their form of eschatological ‘belief’

Election NIght shall come and I shan’t lose any sleep…
 
Last edited:
However, should he have said it? How are Americans to know it was hyperbole instead of a serious comment? Should he have later made it clear it was a joke?
We Americans are certainly a stupid lot. /sarcasm
 
Maximus1 pretending killing terrorist adversaries is “murder” . . . .
You say hyperbole.
Right now he has an AG who says you cannot investigate him or charge him with that murder.
If you really believe that . . . .

. . . please link to me one post here at CAF where you criticized Obama for killing AMERICAN citizens unilaterally under the guise of protecting the country from terrorism.
 
JoeShlabotnik . . .
I am just saying that to his supporters, Trump can do no wrong.
And I am saying this is false.

I support President Trump.
Yet I have criticized him plenty right here on CAF.

.

Now back to WHO are YOU supporting politically (?) as I want to apply your principles to your voter support paradigm here. (Just like you did with Trump supporters.)

.
Trump has said in the past that he could shoot a person dead at Time Square in New York City and his people would be good with it. That pretty much says everything.
Bold mine.

It pretty much says nothing except hyperbole. At least nothing concerning murder.
 
Last edited:
40.png
Pattylt:
However, should he have said it? How are Americans to know it was hyperbole instead of a serious comment? Should he have later made it clear it was a joke?
We Americans are certainly a stupid lot. /sarcasm
When he said that, my first reaction was, “surely, he’s joking”. My second reaction was, “wasn’t he?” It was such an unbelievable remark that I honestly wavered. He makes crude jokes one minute, makes outrageous statements he next, he lies and likes to manipulate the media. I’m just never sure when he’s serious. It became worrisome enough that I couldn’t vote for him and I really dislike Hillary. She said some loathsome things, too. This is what we’ve become?
 
If Charles Manson declared he were Pro-Life, would you support him?
Trump is a politician. He would be pro-anything to get re-elected.
His words and the way he treats people are not Christian.
bad example,

I support people based on their actions and not their history.

who in the Democratic field, that is running for president, is pro-life?

60,000,000 babies have been murdered. who will stand for the future babies that will be murdered?
If you support him, then to support the things he says and the way he treats people. You can’t just use the cafeteria approach. I like this. I don’t like that.
from this logic, a supporter of a pro-abortion candidate supports abortion, who do you support?
What they have said is that they support a woman’s right to choose for herself. Is that the same thing?
how do they vote? they vote to support a person having an abortion, therefore, yes, support for choice is support for abortion.
Trump is a hypocrite in calling himself a Christian solely because of his stand on abortion.
how do you know this is the sole reason? Do you have an inside track to trump?
You continue to cite a standard for electing someone, and refuse to apply it to anyone running but one person. Why?
TDS
We are not a Trump voting block. We have some diversity.
you are correct, but we should be a pro-life voting block.

it is the priority of the bishops

you can argue over how to care for the poor but you can’t bring dead babies back-to-life!
 
We Americans are certainly a stupid lot
yup
Jonathan Gruber said Obamacare only passed due to the “stupidity” of the American voter and a lack of “transparency.
Why? Because I feel that slowly but surely Donald Trump is destroying this country.
how exactly is he destroying the country.
Except everything I have seen informs that it is accurate.
you don’t honestly believe this nonsense do you? do you really think his supporters would overlook murder? his talk isn’t as important as his actions. conservatives are not “gruber Americans.”
It is character.
it is stopping laws that are/will be passed that allow for more kids to be killed
We all ready see that he is trying to weaponize the DOJ and FBI.
it already was, just the wrong person won
 
This is a divide and conquer strategy.
If the media keep highlighting behavior of Trumps that Christians dislike, divide and conquer.
Absolutely. This article is aimed at Christians, and perhaps on a further scale, generally people of faith, trying to convince them of reasons why Trump isn’t the right candidate for them. It does a very poor job of trying to give examples of him mocking people of faith.
If you support him, then to support the things he says and the way he treats people.
You can’t just use the cafeteria approach. I like this. I don’t like that.
But that’s how people vote. There are very few voters who like everything about a candidate/party they vote for, but they vote for the candidate/party closest to their beliefs/views. Whether they then do or do not implement the policies they promise in their campaign is another issue. Trump from what I gather though, has followed through on much of what he promised, and in terms of Christianity, is introducing pro-Christian policies, or at least policies that align with Christian beliefs. He certainly hasn’t introduced any anti-Christian policies as far as I know.
 
It already was I won’t argue. He has put too many millions of dollars and countless time into selling the " deep State" fantasy.
And I said character and you then jumped to a transaction. That suggests you think character is not important. It is most important in who you pick.
Finally, his supporters would certainly rationalize it was not murder. Within days the victim would be investigated. How bout this:
The victim turns out is a big Hillary supporter. Of a Democrat socialist like Bernie.
What was he doing in from of Trump’s office. In the city with 9/11. And on and on. This is always the pattern. Before you know it, Trump’s a hero. Don’t laugh! That’s the pattern.
 
His environmental positions may kill many more. Including the unborn
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top